Quote Originally Posted by ~Kitty GG~
Donna~
I don't understand what you mean when you say that when the sex of the body has been corrected the person is not a TS anymore. I've mostly heard post-op TSs still consider themselves TS since genetically they are still the opposite (trans) sex. And I figure that even if you could change the genetics.. unless you did that within a very short time after birth.. the life experiences of the TS mean they lived a life in the other sex.. and so may have a lot of attitudes, ideas, and experiences that they have only because they are TS. So I don't see that as being erased.
I'm not sure how many would accept that POV that way. I, for one, don't. I don't believe in some kind of genetic dividing line in the sand. Yes, my past is different than other women, but then, can you truly say all other women experieced the same past? Do life experieces define you, or do YOU define you? I believe the past is illusory, and the future is unknowable, so all we really have is the present, the now. In the now, I am a woman without the T qualifier. Just as many people don't discuss their felon convictions, or their inability to read, or their abortions, or whatever else might be considered a derogatory history, I don't ever tell anyone I'm a woman with a TS history.

Makncheese~
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find lots of interesting and fun things here. And that you'll share your experience, thoughts and feelings with us as well. I'd like to see more TS issues brought up.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure if I'm going to be here much more than to see whats up.