Thread: Trigger points

Trigger points

What triggers your desire to CD ?Particularly if you have not dressed for a while. With me its seeing a woman dressed in an outfit I like. Particularly a nice dress, blouse skirt combo with nylons. This has often happened at a special occasion such as a wedding or a formal dress night such as the theatre or on a cruise. Feminine patterned leggings have also triggered it too as well as smart casual.Working more often in the office with a lot of women dressed impeccably has also pulled the trigger which has been nearly every day lately.In truth it doesn?t take much but when opportunities are limited , it can be so frustrating.

Mine is similar. Can be a woman dressed in something super sexy or another CD. I was recently triggered seeing a beautiful trans black woman in Anchorage Alaska. Truly beautiful and so femme, so nice too, approachable and friendly. From there the urge took over.

Debbie, Definitely when I go to a wedding (i.e., an estrogen fest), I always have the need to dress after. It is one of the few events where all the women are wearing dresses.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Waking up. I still wake up at 4am for the specific purpose of NOT going to work. I've always been mesmerized by the peaceful beauty of early morning.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

So many triggers. The strongest is when my wife tells me she's going to be out for a few hours. Just knowing I've got an opportunity can be overwhelming. Others include going to events where women are in heels, hose and elegant dresses. Reading this forum puts my mind into femme mode and makes me want to dress. Lastly, my wife has great style and leaves dresses hanging up all over our bedroom which are hard to walk by without reaching out, feeling the fabric, and wanting to try them on. It's like she leaves them out to torture me!
    Ichigo Ichie...every interaction is once in a life time, unique, and should be cherished. Bring along your En Femme and live with joy.

As I mentioned few times it's my male-self's depression. When it hits he want so badly be me. And when we can finally switch, all the bad thoughts just disappear.

TLDR: shoes and summer dress
    Besides that it's dress in this hot weather, because as male I wear linen trousers, which are good, but dress are far superior and then beautiful shoes. When I see a woman in stilettos or some beautiful shoes, I want so badly be me and wear my shoes. When I started CD I've found out I'm sucker for shoes. I have like 20 additional pairs on my wishlist in several stores. From sandals to knee-high boots for winter.

For me - get home from work - relax with wife for 1 hour - then I go upstairs pick out an outfit and get dressed. Need to get rid of the stress from the day. Dressing takes my stress away.
    Just a girl fronm Long Island, NY .... always looking to meet others from my area.

I agree with you totally, Black Stockings. It definitely relives my stress.
    To quote a line from my second favorite band from Sweden (you can probably guess #1) "I'm gonna get dressed for success" - Roxette

Alliy

What you said describes it perfect, all the above. Usually a trip to the mall or a walk by the lake will trigger it. I will never forget when I was younger and I would go to work with my father. He would send me into the offices to get the bills signed and back then woman would dress in dresses and skirts. On one occasion I went in an office and when the women pulled her chair out her dress was pulled up and she was showing a beautiful white slip with beautiful lace. My heart dropped and the best part was I could tell she seen the look on my face looking at her slip and she made no effort to pull her dress down, she was actually making it lift higher. All I remember was I couldn’t wait to get home and put on my sisters slip that thank goodness we shared room and she wasn’t home. There was fireworks that day. Well I just got triggered I’m going to go look for a white slip.

Trigger points for me.
    Certainly being around a group of well dressed women does it for me.
    But honestly, if I wake up in the morning, that is enough of a trigger for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Just knowing I can spend several hours working at home

Platinum Member
    Actually, the stimulus happens every night at 7:00 PM when "Wheel of Fortune" comes on. Vanna White who is 67 years old is always so sensually attired. I am a decade older than Vanna but for those younger than her she should be giving everyone hope in their advancing age that elegance is possible.

I wouldn't call it "triggering", Debbie. But, I used to see women when I was out that I found attractive and I tried to copy their looks.

But, the way women dress out today doesn't stir my fem, fashion sense very often.

So, I get my current inspirations from TV, movies, and online photos!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When working seeing a pencil skirt, heels, etc. triggered a smile. I can?t remember the last time I saw a woman wearing nylons. Sad. Since retiring, it?s mostly comfort. My wife can?t understand how I can be comfortable on an underwire, hose, shapewear, etc. I just smile.

I agree with Carla.
    Waking up does it for me LOL. Actually there are not triggers anymore since 90% of my clothes are women's.
    Things that push me certainly are weddings and other events where the women are all in pretty clothes and I'm forced to be drab. I always have that thought of how I'd love to be wearing something gorgeous and feminine instead of a dull suit. That's about it for me.
    Yesterday in fact we were shopping and I had to note how even though I was dressed very casually I was still wearing an outfit prettier than almost every woman we encountered. I was just in a skort and simple top but it seemed all the women gave no thought or concern at all to what they wore. Nothing pretty, nothing flattering at all, just boring clothes that did nothing for them.

Guess it's up to us.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Dressing opportunities are rare now but the triggers haven't changed. For me, never able to venture out (except underdressed) and with limited resources (small collection of female clothes), the trigger has always arisen from wanting to try to experience the feelings produced by different dress styles and different activities. Here's an example: I remember seeing a youngish woman obviously on her way to work, wearing a knee-length pencil skirt and running for a bus, obviously finding it difficult both because of the skirt and the (not very high) heels. Within the confines of the house it was impossible to imitate that scene (though I tried) but just once, in the dark, I was able to attempt the run in the garden. I now have a precious memory of what it's like to run in a tight skirt, heels and nylons - not easy at all!

There are two key triggers for me at the moment. Getting the sniff of an opportunity to be at home alone for a while or commuting in to London where I get a chance to see plenty of women dressed in their formal office wear especially pencil skirts and heels (very much my dressing vibe). Although the London dress code is now much more relaxed since Covid, there are still plenty of women who dress formally for work. Unfortunately, this also triggers me into thinking of buying yet another pair of heels or a pencil skirt that I've seen someone wearing. I'm sure there are other triggers, but these two are both currently poignant and relevant.

Having time alone to be pretty is certainly a trigger point - programmed into me by 40+ years of a DADT marriage. There are also some physical things that can always trigger a pink fog. Some of my triggers are a woman in a pretty pleated skirt outfit, women in formal dresses, being in a beauty shop and seeing them getting a perm, a color or getting long nails.

Trigger point? Breathing? Just Waking up in the morning will do it.

The Temu, SHEIN and Amazon ads I get every day on my computer for long flowing dresses, pretty bras and high heel shoes.
    Please Call Me Mandy

Seeing a woman, or another CD, in a full ball gown usually triggers me. There's something I like about it that just gets me to want to dress up again when I see it.

I don't need a trigger to want to wear the things i wear. I wake up. I take mental inventory of what's in my wardrobe that might interest me for the day.

The things I see out in the world inspire and influence which styles I might want to wear, but the trigger has already been pulled the second wake up.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Im at a large conference and the women are dressed to the nines in business attire. So many styles of dresses, shoes, skirts. Great makeup as well. My head is on a swivel and it?s soooo triggering to shop, dress, yada yada yada.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Nothing in particular, as it always changes. Seeing something NEW ever so often has me "triggered" until I can get a chance to try it myself on the next dressing session.