Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I passed! Yeah Me!

Getting braver and braver Suzie, lovely to hear!

Crissy, Liquid courage! I can send you some, but they have it premixed at your local stores in the form of Margaritas, Cosmo's, MaiTai's and so on

Danni, Yeah .. Brave is one word for it! Ha!

I finally had another reaction to my nails today, after having been to the stores a few more times with no reactions at all.

The last couple of days I have been wearing a very loud Fire engine red shiny polish, Sally Hansen "Natural Red", the remaining pretty nails being about 3/16 past the fingertip by now, so pretty long I would say. This includes the thumbs that everybody sees if I hand them anything.

I went to HomeDepot for some more paint supplies, and also had a return of some blinds where the hardware was missing. I talked to the guy at the Returns desk for a little while while we figured it out. Had to hand him my receipt, and scan my credit card so lots of hand action.
    He did not show any reaction at all, but as he handed me the receipt back, I noticed that he had the most beautiful long well shaped and well maintained nails himself! No polish on them, but in better shape and longer than mine are, after I broke a couple of them last week!
    His would look very pretty with some color on them! If he had said anything about mine, I would have said something about that to him.

Next stop was the grocery store. I went through one of the normal checkout lines and handed the lady my drivers license for a wine purchase. I did notice she suddenly looked up at me when I handed it to her, but she didn't say anything.
    I would guess she was in her perhaps mid 50's or so.
    We chatted a little about my out of state license, her brother apparently lives not far from me. She was very nice and made a point of making conversation as she was scanning, which I really like but unfortunately don't experience very often in this busy world we live in.
    At the end of it, she hands me the receipt and says "I shouldn't ask, it is none of my business, but what's with the nail polish?", "I saw it when you got here and thought to myself, I shouldn't ask, but I am just curious!"
    I laughed and said "Well it is just fun and it gets me some smiles from people like you!". "What do think of it" (See, I was a little better prepared this time!) She smiled and said "You know, whatever floats your boat!".

So there, another reaction that I will register as her definitely thinking it was an odd thing to see. Not exactly negative, but probably also not especially supportive.

Suzie

Suzie, I love that you go out wearing a beautiful red nail polish and let us know about any reactions or non reactions. Thanks, this makes for interesting reading for us nail polish lovers.
    Crissy