Thread: podcast or vlog or meh

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

podcast or vlog or meh

I drive 2 hours a day for work. On Wednesday I used the voice recorder on my phone and just talked, first just to listen to the sound of my voice at a couple different pitches. Then I decided to just start talking, I talked nonstop for 7 minutes and listened as what seemed like deep intense stuff came out of my mouth. Later that night I deleted the files for no good reason.

Thursday I did it again, and again I found that once I got started the words just flowed, I didn't delete these recordings.

So I've been really enjoying writing a little "weekend update" about the adventures that Lady and I get up to, been thinking of doing a vlog, but that seems problematic. I could make the video unlisted, and share the url here, and I think be 99% safe that it wouldn't go any farther. But if its just my voice I don't think I would have a problem with it being listed on the net. Not that I'm under any illusions that anyone really wants to hear it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure I would love to listen to it.

Go for it!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Sign up with a stock photo and video service, and try to piece together videos using clips and stills that match or augment your stream of consciousness.

Here’s a set of fake TV show trailers created entirely from stock footage showing what’s possible: https://vimeo.com/122397799

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Blackwood View Post
    Sign up with a stock photo and video service, and try to piece together videos using clips and stills that match or augment your stream of consciousness.

Here’s a set of fake TV show trailers created entirely from stock footage showing what’s possible: https://vimeo.com/122397799
    What a cool idea, might try that.

Today I set up my camera and started talking to it. No where near as easy as it was when I was driving down the interstate I felt very awkward and stumbled a lot. Oddly I felt like I looked and sounded good voice wise, but I just have this massive fear of uploading a video of myself to youtube, even if I unlisted it. I do think I may try to do the voice thing though and go more of podcast route.

That is a good idea. I watch a lot of YouTube and the ones with stock footage is much more interesting that just a video of the presenter talking on camera.

I have a couple videos of me talking on camera posted on YouTube, unlisted. No one’s ever accidentally stumbled on to but I’ve never posted the link/channel name anywhere. Of course, my YouTube channel/account name is completely different than my primary account and all the precautionary warning about two accounts apply.

*edit*
    If you were to post a link here, I would check it out [but I probably won’t subscribe as I don’t want anything linked to my YouTube accounts.]