Thread: Compliment from the wife

Compliment from the wife

As I stated earlier that my wife doesn't like seeing me wearing a dress. She is supportive, but she feels that I look better in a dress than she does, but that is a different post.

I'm not sure if I stated this, but out daughter and her kids have moved in with us for a little while. Well yesterday our daughter had to work all day and she had planned on taking the grandkids to a babysitter. This gave me almost 8 hours to dress how I wanted. YEAH!

I wore my skinny women's jeans, my new women's boots and a sweater (it was a cold windy day). Of course I was under-dressed too.

My wife said that my outfit looked nice. This was the very first compliment from her about any of my outfits. I was taken aback, but I thanked her. I was floating on a (pink) cloud because of compliment the rest of the day until I had to go back to my drab clothing.

It is amazing how such a little compliment can raise a person's spirit.

I think that's awesome! I just started blatantly asking my wife what she thought! That being said, we've set some pretty tight boundaries on what's acceptable or not to wear around the house. The more I dress around her within those limits, the more she seems to not only be ok with it but to actually enjoy it. I think the feeling that she has some control over this and can take an active and constructive part in it helps tremendously.

This story has reminded me that it has been too long since I last complimented my wife's appearance. I think she would enjoy being thrilled for the day. Thank you for your story!

Hugs, Sami

The compliments are nice when they come, I have always made it a rule not to ask my wife's opinion on how I look when dressed, this can set the process back ten years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's great, it's always amazing when someone says something nice. I also had a rare day to dress yesterday and my wife took it so I could model some of her summer clothes. I love doing it but I feel bad because I'm taller and alittle thinner and she keeps telling me how much better the dresses looks on me and how much she wishes she could have my body. I tell her I have this women's body and can't use it.Lol

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm jealous. That's all I can say.

You are absolutely right. My wife is totally supportive and we both love to shop. When either of us gets something new, either from the store or on line, we can't wait to try things on. She thinks I have great tastes in women's clothes and often asks my advice, as I do hers. The primary difference is, I have to create the whole image...makeup, forms, etc. She puts a little makeup on, but no hose or heels. So far, we've taken very few things back. Yes, compliments are wonderful and can "make your day".

That had to feel amazing! I'm jealous! LoL