Thread: Heels

Heels

Wow, received my first pair of heels in the mail today which are a 4" pump. How do you walk in these? How much does the fit play a part in being to walk successfully in them? They seem to be a lil loose

Thanks, Rachelle

Genderblur Francene Lola Dupree's Avatar
    The only way to walk in Heels is to practice walking in Heels,

i'm still not great but much better than i was a year ago when my SO bought them for me,

Thanks Francene, I think maybe I should go down a bit from the 4" til I get some experience!

typically, it's a good idea to go down one size from your usual, as stockings are a lot thinner than socks Also useful is walk 'on tiptoe' - try to land the front of your foot at the same time or fractionally before the heel - swing those hips!

Hell-o Rachelle,
    Congrats on your first pair of heels!
    You say they're a little loose? Are they
    slipping off of your foot when walking?
    They make little adhesive pads that you
    stick to the inside of the shoe. Place one on
    the inside top of the heel area and your good to go!
    If they're just a little loose, and there's not much room
    for one of the pads, I've read another trick is to actually
    spray your feet with some hairspray.
    Or go cheap, and put a ring of duct tape under your heel.

Other than that...lots of people will practice with a shorter heel
    before going with the 4". I say go big from the start, and those
    shorter heels will seem like flats!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Heels work better if they're tight. Strappy heels can be adjusted. Otherwise it's best to go to the store and try them on first. Loose heels can be managed, but you have to get used to them.

Yes practice.. Every chance you get. Take them with you jogging in the early morning. On your way back put them on and walk. Soon you'll be walking and almost run in them.

Hi Kristyn, and thank you. I did by the lil non slip pads and still to big. I think I just ordered a size too big

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

The basic is "heel to toe", however, that is easier said than done.
    With having no experience, try walking whilst hanging onto so something, such as a wall.
    I have a YouTube video on how to walk in high heels, and there are so many others out there.

A snug fit is the preferable fit in order to walk gracefully in heels; loose fitting heels/shoes can be somewhat remedied with some tissue stuffed into the toe (if closed toe).

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Thank you Alice! I watched the video and practiced last night
    Rachelle

A lower heel woul be a good start. Wear them til they wear out and move up to your 4" you have already. When they start to get comfortable move to a slightly higher heel.

High heels hit my hot button. I love them in all styles and heights. I started with a 3" heel and thought they would kill me, but today I have 4"+ heel boots that I will wear in public. Wearing heels is like learning to play piano, practice!

4" is a hell of a heal to start. Try something lower. Also the TYPE of heel makes a difference. A stiletto is much harder than something with a chunkier heel, and wedges are the easiest of all. Also Nicki nailed the major mechanical difference. In heels you have to walk from the hips, not the knees the way most men do.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    1st off, a 4" heel is relative. If u wear size 13's, that's a low heel. In size 8's, that's substancial height in spikes!

Second, do NOT walk heel/toe in high heels. That's ok in flats, but you'll destroy your spike tips in no time!
    Try to hit the floor with both heel and toe simultaneously.

Lastly? Too large is more dangerous and damaging than too tite in high spike heels. Return them for a 1/2 size smaller if u can!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My feet are almost a half of a size different. I use those little pads that Kristyn (HoH) refers to

Oh, and I'm still struggling with 2 inch heels. I have weak ankles, so I just forgo the high heels as painful as it is to do so, it's more painful if I don't.

So, no judgement here.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My first heels were 4 inch and I have size 8 (UK) feet, not particularly big. I mastered then fairly quickly, surprised myself really.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I tried for years to get good at walking in heels, to no avail. Toes shoved into the toe box of the shoe, caused so much pain I couldn't focus on anything else.
    Then about ten years ago, I came across some decent size 16 boots, LACE UP boots. Getting my foot secured well made all the difference. It took little effort to walk in them easily. Pleaser made them all. Some are out of stock, but periodically they will come out with another run.
    https://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-Women...=size+16+heels

https://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-Women...=size+16+heels

Both of those are true to size men's sizes. I wear a 16 mens, and a 16 in both of those boots. There is a knee high version of the Vanity boot as well, but it's not currently available on Amazon. However, Pleaser has it's own manufacturer's site so you can go there or even ebay to search for more.

Beware the 'funtasma' line of shoes and boots, though; they are almost always only WOMEN'S sizes, and very narrow as well.
    This one WON'T fit, notice the heel/last shape, and anything with that basic shape will probably not fit unless you go up several sizes, and if you have a narrow foot:
    https://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Wome...funtasma+boots

Edit: Forgot to add, I picked up several pairs of 4 1/2" heeled ankle strap shoes from Pierre Silber about 12 years ago which fit, but it always felt like the heel was just a little off center to the outside of the shoes. THis design:
    http://www.pierresilber.com/highheels2.html

However, they were comfortable and I could also walk in those. They were only available in white, red and black, and after finding out one fit, I ordered the other colors. However, they discontinued those shoes shortly afterwards, and I've never seen them since. And it appears no one else is making them, anywhere.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-15-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm still not great in my heels but it's all about practice. When I do get a chance it always takes a few minutes before I settle back in.
    Great advice on sizing and shoe types. You folks are so nice to have around!

Hi Rachelle, Lots of good advice here, I started out in a pair of 4" heals that some how fit perfectly and were too easy to walk in, I have never found another pair that fit as well, very disappointing. Practice, practice, practice... I like my heals to fit fairly tight, no slipping or rubbing. Take smaller, shorter steps, practice inside and don't try long walks, you will never see a woman taking a long walk in heals. Now, just wait till you try to go down stairs OMG I had to stop, I couldn't even go down the first step; go down almost sideways. Have fun, and thanks for sharing. Brenda

Junior Member Samantha Sometimes's Avatar
    Wow what an exciting day!!! Heels are the most important part of all this to me so I'm very jealous of you. This will be an exciting discovery period. I always think heel-toe heel-toe. Swing your hips and enjoy the feeling! BTW all high heels are slightly different in size despite what the number says. You just have to experiment and figure out which types and styles fit you in which size. Have fun!!!!