Thread: Big changes ahead!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Big changes ahead!!

Looks like it's been a while since I posted here so it's time for an update. My previously unaccepting wife has now come around to accepting that my transition is inevitable, for the better, and will start soon. A couple weeks ago I was offered by my PCP at the VA to start HRT. However, I pay a co-pay there and have great private insurance so my private insurance PCP (separate from that at the VA) has referred me to an endocrinologist who I will meet with this Friday. Hopefully, that will go smoothly and I will be able to start HRT with my private insurance (which does cover it with no co-pay if prescribed in 90 day fills). If there is any slow walking of starting HRT through this endocrinologist I will just message my VA PCP to start HRT through the VA (co-pay is $5/month per prescription).
    Next up is an appointment with a urologist to revisit scheduling an orchiectomy. I have a separate diagnosis regarding chronic testicular pain so hope this will help fast track this now that I will be on HRT and the orchiectomy would also remove the need for taking spironolactone.
    Then in August I have an appointment to consult on vulvoplasty (minimal depth vaginoplasty). I hope to go this route as soon as insurance approves (most likely after 1 year of HRT). I already have met with psychologist and have letters lined up through him and his colleague.
    I'm excited about finally getting this journey started after all the years of delay.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-05-2024 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Political comments not allowed please