So, next week sees the start of ?er in doors being away for 7 days so I?m home alone. Obviously there?s an increased opportunity to dress around the house but also to indulge in a bit of outandaboutery.

Unfortunately there are limiting factors on the amount of time I can go out, things that need doing as drab me. I also need to factor in the calls home while she?s away as well as my coming and going from the house. One other star that aligned is that one of my neighbours, the side that has the best views onto both the driveway and the rear garden are also away which will make things a good deal easier. As you can imagine, a considerable amount of thought and planning is going into the days (3) which I can hopefully get out the house.

I had thought about going to Chester and Cheshire Oaks outlet park as they?re familiar ground to me and incorporating the train and bus into my day but the hours spent travelling took up too much of the day and as I?ll have spent 5-6 hours chauffeuring my SO to her holiday departure point and driving a fair way in the process, I?ve made the decision to keep my days out fairly local within 90 minutes easy drive.

One of my possible locations is the ancient university city of Oxford. There?s a good park and ride service, compact city centre with all the old college?s to see as well as a chance to do a bit of shopping. Gloucester with it?s inland docks is also on the possibles list.

A second possibility involves a visit to a castle and hopefully a chance to meet up with one of the forum members for a chat and a bite to eat. The option I?m keeping quiet on as should it pan out, will hopefully bring back memories for those who have been here as long as me. So await reports!

The weather is looking good for the entire week and one thing I?ve realised is I don?t have much summer wear. My outandaboutery is usually confined to the winter months so going out in sunshine is somewhat alien to me. Thankfully I do have a few summery items and foot wear to match but that doesn?t mean if the opportunity presents itself then a couple more items might find their way into my wardrobe.

So wish me luck, all being well Wednesday next week will see Helen once more out in the big wide world.