We had my wife's cousins from Europe for the last few weeks, that's why I haven't been around much. The last week my inlaws went on holidays and her cousins slept at our place, one night I made bbg and after dinner I make a coffee. We were sitting outside and my wife's cousins husband asked me why I wasn't wearing a skirt (wow what does he know). He said where he comes from men don't touch the kitchen or make dinner or coffee and the men in Canada are the women in the house hold. I explained to him that we both work and we have to help out.
After a few days they were with us, my wife was getting nervous because her cousin had to serve him hand and foot, she had to lay his clothes on the bed after he showered, cut his meat and react at every call. My wife asked her cousin if she's his wife or maid, her cousin said that's how it is in Europe the man goes to work and the women stays home and takes care of the house and her husband. My wife couldn't wait till they left because she couldn't handle seeing her cousin being treated like that and her cousin telling her how lucky she was to have a great husband who helps out.
Well on Monday I come home from work and find a dress hanging in my washroom, I asked her why she bought me a dress for, she said because she feels lucky to have me and even with me wearing women's clothing and doing no harm to anyone it's better then having a husband like her cousin has. I told her they have a different life style and he's a old school man and that's how it is there and there's nothing wrong with it, that's how my father was too.
Sometimes sweet is not sweet without sour, a person has to see worse to know what they have, maybe some of the unsupportive wifes should taste some sour and see how sweet they really have it.
I thought I would share this, I found it interesting how my wife reacted.