Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outed myself... to an SA

Silver Member
    Cecily, every fem item I've ever bought I bought in guy mode, everything from cosmetics, lingerie, outer wear, shoes and wigs. If its outerwear, I'll sometimes hold it up to 'examine' it with others noticing, and if there's a female behind me in line, I' often ask her if she thinks its pretty. You can do it, too. Mall Wig store: She asked if I was an actor. I replied it was for me. Her jaw dropped, then she had a big smile and helped me in selecting and fitting. I loved it!

Nobig deal was it. Were you in Drab. I have brought bras and panties in drab and been asked if they were for me Which I thought was presumptuous on their part. Some thing like are you sure its the right size would have been better. I said it was for me and I know my size. I have also bought dress while dressed and had nothing but good experiences.
    We're getting more accepted every day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I stopped in an local adult store that has a great selection of lingerie. The clerk greeted me and asked if I was looking for anything special. I asked if they had any new lingerie in the last week. The clerk responded, Nothing new in large or XL. I know I have never outed myself, but I often buy siz small for the wife, and large for myself at the same time so perhaps the jig is up!

The avvy pic isn't me
    I could go on and on here about fun interactions with SAs, but it would be a thread jacking galore.
    As most have said though, once you do it a few times it becomes no big deal.

I saw Kohl's mentioned once or twice; i have shopped for female clothing in their stores in several states and they must do a thorough job of training their staff, cause they're awesome.
    Like Tracii G. said: I had one spend a whole hour with me walking me around to find skirts and saved me money in the process; at the end she thanked me for the great time.

Ok, one other quick one: it was at a Dillard's here in Boise and I purchased some rather expensive lingerie.
    The SA at the counter (with another SA standing next to her) asked me if I wanted a gift receipt and after a pause said, "or are these for you?".
    No humor, just a questioning look which I took for a challenge, so I said, "no thanks they are indeed for me".
    I stayed straight faced and she smiled very kindly and gave a little half wink and that was that, she told me have great day and the last few seconds in front of her I was just any other shopper.

Cass

Good story Cecily, always remember the SA's have probably seen it all before and some.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

The first time I owned up was when I was planning my day out; a makeover and trying on dresses. I almost chickened out, but I told the SA I was getting a makeover at Sephora the following Tuesday and so I asked the SA whether I could come in and try on dresses. The SA said she would check, the manager said it was ok--and I've been visiting that Nordstrom--and a lot of other stores--on a regular basis since then.

The second time was the day before the dress-up day when I went in to get my nails done. I was going to use Halloween as an excuse but I explained to the nail tech about my plans for the following day. She was so positive I went back that night dressed, and I was pumped up for the next day for my Sephora makeover and Nordstrom dressing session.

The last time was last fall in Vegas (what happens....) and went to a Ted Baker outlet store. I have tried on Ted Baker dresses at Nordstrom--love them (just found one shopping last week at a thrift store for $10 Australian, about $8 US), and figured what do I have to lose? I pulled up a picture on my phone of me in a Ted Baker dress (dressed, of course) I really like and asked if the store had it. The SA, bless her soul, asked when my wife tried it on, and then explained if it was in the fall, it takes about six months to make the outlet store. I showed her the picture again, and said it was me, and she was surprised. I gave her a high five.
    Last edited by TheHiddenMe; 03-01-2018 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Add another paragraph

It happened to me, I was with my wife purchasing hoses , and lady ask me if it was for me out loud. I anwered " what do you think"
    and it shut her out .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Quote Originally Posted by jazmine View Post
    OMG, that's hoot!

I remember when I was a kid, riding my bike miles from my house with pocket change and a few crumpled bills, buying pantyhose at a party store. I don't think I said anything, nor anything was said to me. I just remember being real nervous.
    I share similar experiences...heart was always pounding

I remember my first time buying something in the store. It was at Fredericks. I got there before they opened. I was so nervous the whole morning and the night before. I barely slept. I walked into the store and there were two georgeous ladies working there. So pretty. I felt a bit intimidated by that but I persisted. I nervously picked out two pairs of cute panties. One was a thing style and the other was a boyshort. I took them to the pretty SA and she told me I had picked out two different sizes. I thanked her and grabbed the right size. I paid for my stuff and rushed home with this crazy amount of feminine energy pulsating through my body.

Another time was when I first was my first time buying heels. I had the whole day to myself. I got up, shaved my body, put on some panties on and put some guy shorts over and borrowed a basic white tank from my mother. It looked like it could be a guys one but the pink label said otherwise. Hehehe. Before I left I was so nervous I actually threw up before leaving. I had intended on trying the heels on in store. I got there and just went right in head first into the women's shoe racks. The SA was in the aisle I needed to be at and she asked if I was looking for anything specific. I told her I was just looking around. She didn't bat an eyelash. I found a very sweet looking pair of white heels that I had to try on. I sat down all dainty like and slipped them on my feet. They were so pretty!! I had to buy them. I took them to the register where the SA asked if I found everything ok. I told her yes and paid for MY heels. She told me that the shoes I picked out were cute and I told her that's why I picked them out. It all felt very natural.

Silver Member
    The SA in a women's clothing store is one of the best people to whom you can out yourself. They are almost always, friendly, accepting and helpful. I found it very easy to relax with them and I now count several of them among my friends. These people have a wealth of fashion knowledge and love using it to help hard to fit people like me.

I am very new to this but find it a bit exciting but no real problem going shopping for panties, nylons, or shoes while wearing flats, nylons, panties with a mens pair of shorts and a nice ladies cotton SS top. I do have facial hair a balding head with long pony tail so its obvious who I am, partially cross dressed and buying myself ladies clothes. I go through the register and deal with the SA as if I was simply wearing and buying only mens clothes.

I am fortunate to live in a city with a significant LGBT community, so it’s not unusual to see men buying women’s clothes and vice versa.

There’s a couple places I go to regularly for clothes and the staff are aware that I buy more feminine clothing than the average male customer. I have never told them that the clothes were for me, but I have also never told them they were not for me either. Some SAs have even seen me trying on feminine shoes, although I usually try to avoid being seen doing it.

hello,
    I do my own shopping and have had a few amusing encounters...
    the most recent one was when the shop assistant took the clothes I was buying and started to say (as I expect the shop had told he to flatter the customer's choice) "what a lovely colour it will really suit..." and she stopped abruptly when she looked up to see a bearded man! she was more embarrassed than me!
    luv J