Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That watershed moment for Suzy

I understand most of this stuff you all are discussing but when it all comes down to it, there is but one label that fits me perfect.
    That label is
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

We give things names to convey meaning. Sometimes we combine words to convey more precise meaning... like "water" and "fall" put together to concisely describe a place where a river's flow plummets abruptly from one elevation to another.

Male lesbian is a bit different, in that its not a literal description, like waterfall. It falls into that murky area of poetic license...a term meant to evoke the inherent contradictions of meaning between male and lesbian. Its not science - it expressionism. And yet, it has meaning as a metaphor. Imagine a person spending an entire life feeling not entirely male, or not very male at all, and like most of society, assuming that being trans means gay. Then gradually, or perhaps suddenly, there is a realization that, I want to live differently...less masculine, perhaps mostly feminine, but at the same time continue to be attracted to women. The short hand certainly didn't originate with Eddy Izard.

I doubt he meant it as an insult or intrusion on lesbian identity.

Phili
    I think you formulated it well. I was formulating a reply in my head that a male lesbian can be a meaningful description, perhaps clinically not correct, but it conveys the meaning. Being a miad I only have an outside observation as to how these people may feel about themselves. A person who perceives himself a woman is attracted to women, therefore a lesbian.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    we are all beautiful and unique.
    Bingo. I completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Megan G View Post
    So just saying "male lesbian" is insulting an entire demographic.
    I did not say 'male lesbian' I simply said 'I feel like a lesbian trapped in a male body' I was just describing how I feel. nothiong more.
    If others here have a problem with this or read into my coment more than was implied then its their problem, not mine.
    I say this with respect for all of you and your right to your opinions.

Hugs all around girls.
    Last edited by suzy1; 08-13-2017 at 08:59 AM.

And there is nothing wrong with that. The key words are "trapped in a male body"...and reaching that level of self awareness is quite something. The rest of what you said really adds further emotional detail to the identity of the person trappped in that body.

It was only a matter of time before the gender Stasi showed up to tell us how we were allowed to express ourselves. There are always going to be those who try to bully their way through life by being offended by this or that even if they have to get the vapors on behalf of groups of which they are not a member. Nobody owns the word "lesbian" not even lesbians. Plenty of GGs get offended by anything to do with CD/TG/TS for appropriating "their" identity and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

I notice that many of the same people that object to the idea of male lesbians also insist that there is "no relationship between gender identity and sexual orientation." If that is true, I don't see what the problem is. Gender: male; sexual orientation: lesbian. Since there is no relationship, there is no contradiction. LOL! That's not how I would use the term. I would only use it metaphorically where contradictions are allowed.

Back in the '80s psychologist Brian Gilmartin used term "male lesbian" (N.B.,also metaphorically) to describe a certain class of love-shy males in his book Shyness & Love: Causes, Consequences, and Treatment. His concept was somewhat different than what has been suggested here in that it excluded the so-called TG spectrum.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/polepin...lelesbian.html

Quote Originally Posted by Megan G View Post
    he is not the one on this forum claiming to be a male lesbian....(omg that just sounds so ridiculous).
    I did not claim to be a male lesbian?

A lesbian is a 'female' I am a 'male' Saying there are male lesbians is like saying there are a married bachelors!
    Last edited by suzy1; 08-13-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Banned Read only
    Suzy,
    The important point is you were being honest with how you feel, and how Eddie Izzard's comment helped come to decision about your CDing lifestyle. Maybe I read it slightly wrong but I was being honest with how I feel about that situation, because some have those feelings or inclinations doesn't make it wrong . We are all different and the whole subject is very complex, as long as we can be happy in the life we chose to live is the important point, and you appear to have found the sweet spot , thanks for sharing it with us.