Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Behaviour when dressed en femme

I don't think about it, automatically I change to walk more from the hip, and I change to sit, no man spreading, legs closed.

Banned Read only
    Maybe with advancing age adopting womanly mannerism is now on the subconscious level. Yes, sitting with knees together is the most obvious. I tend to cross my legs at the knees rather than at the ankles. My stride is shortened. One mannerism not mentioned so far is getting into a car. In guy mode I just stick my legs into the car. In womanly mode I sit on the seat and then swing my body around while sitting. There is also the necessity to wisp away a stray hair from my face. Smoothing the skirt of my dress when starting to sit down. Heck, even putting on garter stockings seems to have a womanly way to do it. No? Rolling up the stocking before sticking a foot into it seems to be an obvious skill, but, most woman I've seen putting stockings on place one leg on the knee and then unroll it and straighten the legs out horizontal to the ground while unrolling it up the leg.

I also adopt more "feminine" mannerisms, though I'd prefer to say softer or gentler mannerisms instead. I guess because in general I feel softer and gentler and so it'd be weird to "manspread" when I sit or slouch like a rock when I feel and want to present like an orchid LOL

Personality wise I don't think I change. I am more aware of my mannerisms and try to be a little smoother in my movements.

I know that I automatically begin acting more female when I am dressed. How can you not? I feel that I am completely in the moment when dressed and love every minute of it.

There is some difference for sure, but i do not know it is that much different. Micki, incredible legs, and i agree, i cannot help but be more ladylike, when dressed.

Like others have said here...I am still me , but heels make me walk different, having forms and pads on change how I sit and move a little and then the crossed leg thing...lol

Sometimes. Knees together when sitting in a skirt is important to me. CDing usually makes me feel feminine and that feeling causes me to be more girly. But after being dressed for a while I tend to just be myself because I'm not so aware of being en femme. I may even forget to pose more ladylike for photo ops!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I certainly don't act differently. But I do keep my knees together when sitting in a skirt, but I would in a kilt too I guess.

Female sexuality

My sexuality is entirely female. I feel compelled by society to act a certain way when dressed as a man (which I am). When I dress female I can behave as I am. I have both male and female traits but must hide the female behavior in the straight world I live in.

Yes, legs together and in heels a subtle butt sway and a girl walk with short steps.
    Part Time Girl

Most definitely yes, I'm a very male male but instantly change when dressed, it comes natural though.

Yes, I do change my behaviour or I would rather say my mannerism (way to walk, sit; most softer movements,...). For me, it's a part of the game, a way to more embrace the moment. Some came naturally, whereas I had to work on others (especially shoulders while walking).
    Now it's almost natural.
    Oddly, I start changing my mannerism as soon as I begin my transformation (the makeup).
    Boys who dress as girls have more fun.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Society dictates that males walk and act one way and females another way.
    Granted, some of the way female walk is due to their wider hips but still, females, as will as males are mindful of how they walk.

So, if you want to be perceived as a female you should walk and act like one to one extent or another..... certainly not like a male .

[QUOTE=Karine;
    Oddly, I start changing my mannerism as soon as I begin my transformation (the makeup).[/QUOTE]

I don't think that odd at all. It's all in our mindset. I find my hip movement changes (and other mannerisms) pushing a cart shopping ladieswear.

I think the biggest change is that Steffi is much much extroverted than I am.

That's in addition to all the comportment changes: crossed legs, hand in lap when sitting, walking into a room breasts first.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Skirt Enthusiast Michelle Cheli's Avatar
    I'm probably the least girly CD in the world. I'm just a guy who likes wearing women's clothes. If I could just go out en femme but still act like me without raising eyebrows, that'd be the ultimate fantasy for me.

For me, it seems like an automatic response to being dressed. Things like walking, talking,and even double crossing my legs at the ankles, ect. especially when out in public, even if its not that often, as I usually only go out dressed with a boyfriend or other women.
    That being said though, even in boy mode, I tend to have feminine mannerisms, and actually make an effort to appear more masculine to others . Ive even had others who I know, who I'm not out to, comment that I sit, talk,or behave as a woman

With out a doubt I change, or try to change how I walk and try to not be like a a ape walking down the street and keep my legs closed is also attepted.

Yes, I think I do move and behave differently when en femme, I don't need to think about it, it just comes naturally.

I wish I could look even a quarter as beautiful as the ladies on this thread do..... Ah, well, I am content with being a DIAD (Dude In A Dress), but still ... y'all are gorgeous!

My wife tells me I have a natural feminine side to me which she see all of the time. I don't even realize it, but she assures me everyone else does..... OK :-)

Yes, When I dress up, I start to feel and act like a female. It is starting to feel more natural every time I dress.

Banned Read only
    There are some anatomical structural differences between men and women that do cause men and women to walk differently. There are social norms men and women follow. If a woman is wearing a mini skirt, she should not sit with her legs spread apart revealing her undies. Having long hair always calls for moving stray locks away from the face. Or smoothing the skirt of a dress when sitting down. Or getting into the seat of a car butt first and then moving legs into the car. Or adjusting a bra strap. Or touching up makeup. If you want to emulate a woman, then you have to adopt all these little nuances between men and women.

The mannerisms feel sort of automatic. I notice in particular the way my hands are when I walk, and even typing right now. My motions almost seem fluid and not so much reactionary. Feels great!
    😘 Jennifer