Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Finally happened on the road

You are extremely lucky! You would be surprised at how many people call 911 to report a "car on fire" on the highway, when it is only overheated. That usually brings a couple cops, at least one fire engine and an EMS rig, until someone reports that it is just an overheated car. I always carry a change of clothes, just in case.

LOL... I had Lots of changes of clothes and all of them female. I was going for about 5 days and spending it "pretty" the entire time.
    I did have jeans and a few cute t-shirts and flats, but in the time I had before the tow came I never would have made the change.

Sure, I could have waited to call, but I thought they'd take hours, not 20 minutes to get someone there.
    Next time it won't matter. I'll just stay as I am and enjoy the ride.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I often drive around dressed up.
    I've had a few instances that came close to me having to show my self.

1) I stopped in traffic for a turning car. The car behind me stopped short. A motor cycle crashed into it.

2) I saw a truck four cars ahead go off the highway. It managed to keep control and got back on without incident. However all traffic stopped at the time. I was frantically trying to figure out what to do since I was girled up. Thankfully traffic started moving and I moved along.

I always am in fear of something happening when I am dressed up. But I continue doing it anyway.

Just last night I had the opportunity to get out for a bit. Got delayed in leaving and my destination was another town about 30 miles away. Getting a late start I was in a hurry. As I got in my truck a realized that I had no male clothes, make up remover or such with me to change into if something were to happen. I just thought to myself, well, you've got a new truck and shouldn't have to worry about that, anything else happens...oh well. I started the truck, made my outing with no problems. I guess for me it comes down to my willingness to deal with a problem as Molly if one arises. And, I admit there are times that I am ready and willing to face the world as Molly, and other days where the confidence level is just not there!
    Molly

Earlier this year "Linda" visited the therapist. That entails a 3 hour drive each way.

On the way home after making the last stop for gas, 100 miles from home, the truck wouldn't start!

Checked under the hood with no success. Asked a gentleman for a jump and that didn't help either.

I was running around fully dressed and didn't have a care in the world except getting the problem solved. I even had a nice young man come up and "ma'am" me asking if I needed any help. That put a smile on my face.

AAA was called and a tow truck arranged. OK, thought I, the neighbors are going to get an eye full when Linda steps out of the tow truck at the house. I didn't have any other choice and as the girls on this forum preach. OWN IT!

Of course, as is always the case, as soon as the tow truck arrived my truck was scared into starting. I thanked the driver, tipping him of course, and drove straight home.

Oh, we still don't know why the truck doesn't want to start on occasions but the tow truck always scares it into starting.....