Thread: What was the first item of women's clothing you bought for yr self?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Found that ordering through the mail was as easy as opening a Montgomery Ward catalog and finding the women's clothing section when I was a teen. My first order was some panties and not long after a night gown.

It was sad to see the day that Montgomery Ward first stopped it's catalog business and then closed the outlet doors. We use to have some great departments stores in the area, Zayre's, The Fair, Bradlee's to name a few. And now all there is left is Walmart.

As Bob Dylan sang, The Times They Are A-Changin.
    Last edited by Lucey; 03-21-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I used to fill out catalog order sheets, but there was no way I could have made the order, paid for it ( when your 12 ~14 seemed like $ 60.00 worth of girdles would be soooooo great!) and picked an order of girdles with out help and or getting caught . I had to get my licence, borrow a truck ,get some cash be for I finally bought a couple of "firm girdles"and I was soo curious I bought 2 that sounded like they would be great from a downtown foundation shop . I think i burned them the night following trying them on , they were for the totaly blown out tummy's and were more like wicker baskets with satin trim ,than anything I ever expected any one to tolerate . a week? a month ? later i ordered stuff from sears. that stuff might have had a month be for 2nd purge burn. But they were much softer and friendly to sleep in .

Does a wig count? The first thing I bought myself was a long brown straight wig, so that I could see what I looked like with long hair and know what it might feel like. I had always wanted one. My first actual pieces of clothing are two pairs of knee high socks, one in grey and the other in black, I really like the look and feel of them. After that I bought a really cool grey crop top and a black skater style skirt. All that stuff makes for a pretty nice outfit on it's own even.

A pair of wine colored high heels :-)

That was 24 years ago!

A pair of daisy duke-esque shorts, lol.