Thread: Good article on trans people

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar

Good article on trans people

http://www.freetimes.com/story/537

Definitely one of the better articles I've seen.

BTW, there's a nice discussion of the article on the writer's blog.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

You really love women.

You love them and their stuff. You love to look at them and touch them and taste them and make love to them. You study them. You are jealous of their beauty and their skin, their baubles and eye shadow.

When you are a man in a dress, you idolize women.
    Exceptional writing.

Great article very well written is the author a member here I wonder if not she is welcome.

Quality Post thnx for that

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

well that was great. very long, very interesting thank you for sharing it with us
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Aspiring Member
    What I find is some very disturbing comments.

"Where's the gratuitious sex? The drugs? The alchohol abuse? The prostitution? I see very little of the gritty, raw... REAL side of the lifestyle."
    The problem with "under-reporting" the sex drugs and rock and roll aspect of this is that there are a fair number of wives who are are unknowingly at risk of veneral dissease due to their husband's crossdressed sexual flings with other men, particularlly worries about HIV/AIDS.
    I can't believe someone would make those assumptions! I have zero attraction to men, faithful to my wife, never done drugs, and I don't drink or go out and party. Where do people get these ideas?

rant: women wearing pants, they must be sleeping around, having sex, infecting husbands, doing drugs. the gritty raw side of women who wear pants.
    Last edited by noname; 08-05-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Very good article. Thanks for sharing.

Great!

Made me think too.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

So glad you have morals noname. You should know, though, that many don't and are all about gratifying their impluses and have no care about how their risky behavior will affect others. I hate to burst your bubble but there are people out there like that. Don't take it personal. There are some in every group of people who give the whole a bad name.

Marlena, Hats off to you. I am so glad you are on this forum and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us. You are an asset. Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    What I find is some very disturbing comments.

I can't believe someone would make those assumptions! I have zero attraction to men, faithful to my wife, never done drugs, and I don't drink or go out and party. Where do people get these ideas?

rant: women wearing pants, they must be sleeping around, having sex, infecting husbands, doing drugs. the gritty raw side of women who wear pants.

This is one of those threads that make this a great forum. I loved the article!

Very interesting, thanks.
    ....we are all made of stardust

thanks for sharing this

Very insightful

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    :redface: Thanks, Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by kittypw GG
    So glad you have morals noname. You should know, though, that many don't and are all about gratifying their impluses and have no care about how their risky behavior will affect others. I hate to burst your bubble but there are people out there like that. Don't take it personal. There are some in every group of people who give the whole a bad name.
    Sadly this is all too true. I suspect some of the sleeping around is wrapped on in self-esteem issues.

For what it's worth, I know someone who knows the person who posted the comment, and 1) she's apparently known for rhetorical overkill, and 2) has some issues about certain people's lives being "realer" than others.

Incidentally, as I wrote on my blog:

Yes, sadly there are those who cheat on their spouses and sleep around — but there’s plenty of “straight and normal” people who do too. And when good parts of society want to beat you to death with sticks just for being trans, it’s hardly surprising that some folks turn to alcohol and drugs for comfort. And when trans people are can’t get a job because of who they are, is it surprising they end up selling the one thing left to sell? I’m not saying these aren’t problems, but as Erin said, it’s not that different from gratuitous sex, drugs, alcohol abuse and prostitution in the straight world.
    Last edited by Marlena Dahlstrom; 08-05-2006 at 11:51 AM.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Marlena,

Thanks for the article - one of the best I have ever read. We need these types of articles in every newspaper in the country.

Hugs,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Banned Read only
    thanks babe, nice find.

as for the "Drugs, sex and R&R part" it was my feeling that the writer was going for something different than that, as that aspect is what garners the most attention to begin with. This article was about the mundane, the - boring in fact - aspects of this, of course, stiched with sorrow.

If you want D,S and R&R I could write about going to the My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult / Lords of Acid show. There was all that and more, in the first song.

Can always count on Marlena for a good read, thanks. Now I'm hungry. To go out enfemme and to a BBQ.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    Marlena,

Thanks for the article - one of the best I have ever read. We need these types of articles in every newspaper in the country.

Hugs,

Melanie
    [SIZE="3"]I agree, as a community we need to educate our own community, as well as the general public to reduce the sterotypes that have become CDs and TGs as a group.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Living Life incognito....

Howdy ladies. I'm extremely new and felt the need to post a reply here in this thread.

I hear your sides of the stories and have seen many things I know to be good and bad. As for myself, I keep this mantra in my head and hope one day that everything will finally balance out like the forfathers of this country hoped it would. This mantra is, "You only get what your give to society. So, if you give nothing you will never recieve anything in return as well. Also, if that something given is negetive than what is received back will be that way too."

I also need to comment that I have a saying as well, "Everyone will have their day in front of the 'ALL MIGHTY CREATOR'," and unfortunately very few people seem to understand that to its full extent.

I have been in my mind a c/d t/g male since I started back when I was 12 and messing about in womens lacyes. Unfortunately, I really want to come out and it's starting to show more every day.

So, in parting statements here, I will leave you all with this idea,"What is our true purpose for being placed on this planet? Is to be who WE want to be or is to be a slave of anothers ideas?"

Happy days are always here if that's what you want them to be, you are the only one who controls yourself. Enjoy yourselves and live life the way you see fit!!

Thumbs up Fine article

I read the article this afternoon. A very good article indeed.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Thanks

Thanks Marlena Top Shelf as Always!

Hugs Rena

Smile

thank you for sharing that with us. that was a very good article. and so true.
    diane

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    She pauses then adds, "Some of this is outside what I understand."
    I was actually glad to see that in there. I'm sure there are some things each of us don't get. And I think it's important to recognize that.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

The description of the Queen of Hearts Tavern is accurate in the article. The location described is the new location that was opened last January. The old location in town had its building condemned when the building next door had a fire. The latest news is that the Queen of Hearts Tavern is going to be moving locations again. The word is that the new location, which was located in an old store location in a suburban plaza was too big. As described in the article, it is a very large room with the bar elevated on one side of the room. The owner, Tristen, has now decided to move the location back into downtown Warren. I am told that the move is taking place now, and the grand opening is to be in Sept or Oct. I'll keep you girls posted as I get details.

Jodi