Thread: Found On Way To Other Things

Found On Way To Other Things

Look up www.realityresoures.com It's about gender variant people much information here.

[SIZE=3]Hiya Joy.

I can't seem to get the link to work. Tried the manual method of typing the URL, but it still failed!

Can you check if the site address is still correct? Sounds like an interesting place.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar

WARNING - WARNING - Danger Will Robinson

Please be very wary of this site. While it seems to be supportive of Transpeople, they have a mission - and it isn't to accept us for who we are.

From Jerry's Credentials / Standards for Ministry

Jerry served for a decade as the director of CrossOver Ministries of Lexington, Kentucky, a member ministry of Exodus International, an Ex-Gay Ministry. He served as well as a Regional Representative for the same organization. In 1999, he established the more diverse and expansive outreach to the sexually addicted, homosexual and transgendered, called RealityResources. His commitment to the Exodus International Network remains constant and is an active member of Exodus. His speaking engagements focus upon transgender, homosexual and sexual addiction specialties.
    . . .
    Jerry's task is to encourage you to talk very freely and openly about yourself, much more than you do within any other setting, even (or perhaps especially!) within your own church fellowship. He knows full-well how hard it is to talk about these things in the average church context. His role is to prayerfully listen, select, sort, make observations, and to assist you in seeing things more clearly, from a sound Psychologically and Biblically applied approach. The goal involved in this process is to help you reorganize your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in a manner more satisfying to you and more in line with God's design for your life.

If you choose to enter into a counseling role with Jerry, you will be asked to complete a form that will guarantee your anonymity and confidentiality; which means that he would never release any information about you to anyone without your written consent. State laws, however, place certain limitations on the "right to confidentiality" where sexual abuse, or maltreatment of vulnerable adults enters the picture. Jerry is also required by law to submit records if they are subpoenaed by proper legal authority. In addition, he is required to break confidentiality when he believes there is clear and imminent danger that you may harm yourself or another person. He is required to do all that he can to prevent you from harming yourself or others.

Understand this:
    Jerry and his wife, Charlene, are simply a married couple who, through years of personal anguish and countless extensions of God's Care, have been raised up to be an International voice in the wilderness of the "anything goes" secularized religion and the steady erosion of moral conviction. Neither they or the hope that is offered through their testimony is meant to become a catalyst for strife; they will not become embroiled in heated debates on these issues. Having worked with over 1600 transgendered people, as well as thousands of homosexuals, their central concern is to reach those who yet "have an ear to hear." Why? Because they know that though our pop culture informs us "There is no hope for a 'cure' because God is the One who designed you this way," is a LIE. If you are ready to engage in the work of restoration, then this is the place for you. Welcome home!

Their mission is to convince those seeking 'guidance' that they are confused, and that only by accepting God can they overcome this 'problem'. Also, they are extreamly against SRS (see above re: self harm.)

If you don't know, Exodus International is, in their own words, "a nonprofit, interdenominational Christian organization promoting the message of Freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ."

More people telling us how they know better what our issues are and what we need to be happy.

[SIZE="3"]Abandon hope, all ye who enter here[/SIZE]

Correct Link: http://www.realityresources.com/

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Last edited by Ms. Donna; 06-04-2006 at 08:23 AM.
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Donna
    Please be very wary of this site. While it seems to be supportive of Transpeople, they have a mission - and it isn't to accept us for who we are.
    [SIZE=3]In that case, I won't bother checking it out! Thanks Donna.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Donna
    Thanks for checking it out and reporting your findings, Donna. Obviously another dangerous party that thinks we need to be "cured" or saved or something. I feel like one of the X-Men (in the new movie), "We Don't Need a Cure!" :nono:
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wow Donna .. thanks for the research

though, having seen that .. im not so much unhappy about the premise of the website ...
    more - i feel sorry for the people who end up discovering that website while they are confused and impressionable ..
    i cant even imagine the damage that could come from it.

but that might just be my own cynical views
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    Thanks for checking it out and reporting your findings, Donna.
    No Problem sir - just doin' my job.

Just so it's clear, the information regarding 'Jerry's Credentials' comes directly from the website (link here.) His words - not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dee~
    i feel sorry for the people who end up discovering that website while they are confused and impressionable ..
    i cant even imagine the damage that could come from it.
    This is why, IMHO and for me, being TG and religion don't mix. Far too many people wanting to use God as yet another tool to invalidate us.

It is worth poking around and having a look. One must understand their enemy in order to overcome them.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I've ordered and read Jerry's book in hope of returning to so called normalcy (my wife's doing not mine). I have come to the conclusion that I am truly transgendered after reading Jerry's collection of stories which is what it all is. First remember that Jerry faked his condition to his doctors by lying to them about dressing enfemme all of the time. And having a boyfriend who was planning on marrying him after he transitioned. About the only real benefit in reading this material would be to maybe get a better understanding about ourselfs and how we became who and what we are. Trying to fight and minimize who I truely am was going to kill me physically or drive me to the looney bin. Since I have surrendered into my true self I have found a new inner peace that before I was outed I was afraid to show the whole my true self. And praying about it has only allowed these feelings to have to change intensify over time. I would like to add that Jerry does do have a good listing of the different characteristics of transgendered individuals. Over fifty different traits, I found that I fit a majority of them. Also I found that his book was somewhat difficult to read, there are a lot of triggers for me in the booklet like their are all kinds of pictures of Jerry dressed enfemme. He even went and has his/her doctor's letter granting her permission to proceed with SRS. Looking at some of the pics makes you want to run out and get dressed. He Jerry suggests that a lot of psycological drugs could help out a person better than SRS would. Yes SRS is not for everybody, but is it worth it to be some drugged out zombie making the phamaceutical companies even richer than they are, I think not! Plus the side effects of these drugs are not known or are worse than the symtoms. I will choose the sober and clear way over a drugged stuper. Just my opionion regarding Jerry Lynch and reality resourses.
    Last edited by joanlynn28; 06-05-2006 at 11:27 PM.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Read With Caution

Wow MssDonna You really do your home work thanks for the heads up.

Donna:

Thanks for checking that out! I clicked on the link and read a few pages. YUK!

Now my computer is asking me to reformat it's hard drive so it doesn't have to keep a record of that site!

I feel I have to go and wash my hands now...

All the same stupid platitudes to destroy your ego and line their pockets. Give your self up to Jesus! God is just testing you! Did you ever think that I pass the test if I DON'T listen to your bull?

Ahem... before I go and get on the soapbox and rant in a very unladylike manner, I'll stop.

Thanks again Donna. That site should be marked with a health hazard warning like they put on cigarettes!

Oi!

Yet another wolf in sheeps clothes, eh? Too bad!
    Ciao!
    Lizz:cheeky:

Just living life one day at a time...