Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More difficult for people born female to know?

Cabin boy/Purser :)

More difficult for people born female to know?

Do you think that it is harder for people born with a female body to know whether they are transgender/transexual?

Because in a lot of ways it is "normal" for girls and women to "crossdress" or even act very boyish.

So even if you question yourself you can be told, or tell yourself "oh well.. I'm just being a normal boyish girl".

Wheras men, average straight "manly men" at least, are expected to act in a certain way, so the "gender divide" is clearer.
    So in some ways they can tell and feel more easily when they are stepping over that line....

I was thinking about this when I was reading a thread in the transexual forum about "Do you just KNOW?" it struck me that, even though it is very hard for anyone to know... it could be especially hard for people born with a female body to know... even if they do "know", they are likely to doubt themselves.

It would be nice to get that feeling that some talk about... "one day, I just knew!" ... sometimes I DO feel that (I'm definitely a boy)... but then I argue against it with my "sensible side". It can happen the other way too "Ok, you're just a weird girl.. now get on with it..."... "but if that was true then you wouldn't feel this, or this....etc"

Btw... I know that some people don't ever doubt themselves... and just know one way or another. But I suppose that could be down to different personality types.

Owch... bit thoughtful for a Thursday afternoon... meant to be working on my illustrations here, tut tut!....*shakes the brain-ache away*
    .... Back to work!!!

[Edit: Ooops, oh my goodness! just realised that this question is a bit hard to follow! I'm sorry! What a thicky!
    I should have made it clear that the 1st half roughly relates to being transgender/transexual...
    And the 2nd half is really just roughly related to being transexual!]
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-02-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: aargh I'm actually stupid.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

I kinda feel like you know regardless of which body you're born into that's wrong. I mean, for myself, I constantly felt uncomfortable w/myself... & I knew exactly why. I never tried to let stereotypes influence me, or even pass it off as a phase. A glitch is a glitch. & when something's wrong, you just know. Maybe it's kinda hard for me to answer this question when I never had any doubts, & I never tried to convince myself otherwise or talk myself out of my feelings.

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Not only did I know something, even if I didn't have a word for it, was wrong, but other people knew too. I was socially awkward, and kept trying to make up for it, which made for more social awkwardness, which I kept trying to make up for... Well, you get the picture. People who know me well have said that they've never seen me happier or more self-confident than since I've come to terms with being trans.

Durden - yeah it must be nice to have never had doubts!
    I totally relate to the uncomfortableness and knowing something isn't right, but I am a very questioning person... like over-the-top analytical, even when I should be sure of something.
    I suppose thats a good and a bad thing when being tg, because on the one hand it makes you careful to not make any mistakes but also holds you back or slows you down in making progress.

Das - Ahh yes... something but no word for it. I didn't even know about other FtM people until the last few years.
    I get a feeling I'd be like you... happier and more confident than I've EVER been if I just KNEW I was male and was on the way to becoming fully male.... but ...
    ...I guess it's hard to not have doubts when you have people saying "but you're such a gorgeous girl" all the time, and you have men falling in love with you left right and centre. (Although that IS bloody annoying it's nice to be able to go out with sexy guys... even if it's not quite right)...not that I DO go out with them anymore since really becoming uncomfortable/deciding not to put up with feeling uncomfortable anymore.
    That's just 1 reason for my doubts.

I personally think I make quite an ugly girl...but I do scrub up really quite well.
    It makes it hard to ... well, to realise what I am.

Sorry if reply doesn't make sense... in a hurry!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-01-2007 at 12:51 PM.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

As a child I had no frame of reference but knew things werent right. As a prepubescent teen I knew I shouldnt have been a boy. As a young adult I denied everything and moved on but could never leave it behind. As an adult I knew what I was and have been able to get the information I needed to semi-sort of come to terms with it although I know this will haunt me to my last breath.

I just knew.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Poc, you've posted pics (Poc-pics?) of yourself in both modes, and you're quite... erm... well... hot in all of them. (I'm not trying to flirt -- you're way too young for me!)

So if there's one worry to lay aside, it's the one about whether you'd be more attractive to others in one mode or the other. So, whose opinion matters most? Other people's? Yours? Some other option I haven't thought of? Only you can figure that out. In some ways, I think I'm fortunate not to have made all that attractive a woman. But it's daunting, now that everyone seems to think I'm a cute boy. (And some people still persist in thinking it's not real... !)

Yeah Das, there are always the doubters. I cant be bothered with them or even trying to convince them of anything. Most people will formulate opinion before they have the facts anyway so it is an uphill battle.

For me, I know for myself and that is what counts most.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    As a child I had no frame of reference but knew things werent right. As a prepubescent teen I knew I shouldnt have been a boy. As a young adult I denied everything and moved on but could never leave it behind. As an adult I knew what I was and have been able to get the information I needed to semi-sort of come to terms with it although I know this will haunt me to my last breath.

I just knew.
    Do you think that it was easy for you to tell because your female-feeling self was in such sharp contrast to the male life you were expected to lead?

And WHAT was it you knew? That you were a girl? Or that you were different?

So now you're an adult... you know... you didn't fully realise what it was before?

LADY... don't you dare be "haunted"..... if you are unhappy... do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Das - haha! Aww thanks that's really nice
    That is a factor.
    Awww you're so nice hehe!! Aaargh I really want to see you even more now I know you make a nice looking boy! Cap says you're cute
    I do personally think I'd be ok looking as a guy and wouldn't even care if I was slightly ugly because that can even be sexy!
    I know I know... you're so right... other peoples' opinions shouldn't matter....
    but sometimes they are almost SMOTHERING and stifling...
    Telling me, beating me over the head with, "you're a girl, you're a girl... you're so pretty....you'd make a bad boy because your features are so girly..." (Uh hello there's loads of pretty little dudes!). I suppose people that already know me as a girl must find it hard to picture me another way.
    I know they are just scared and just trying to help though.

My mum said to me on Monday "But you're so INNATELY FEMALE"... aaaaaaaargh!!!
    Being soft and kind and caring and even feminine sometimes.. does not make one FEMALE!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-01-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: noticed a spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    I am a very questioning person... like over-the-top analytical, even when I should be sure of something.
    Oh, belive me, I feel for you there. I do the same, and I don't think studying psychology helps.

But as to you're original point, I kind of agree, at least when it comes to clothing. I mean, if a 'boy' decides he wants to go out in skirt and hells with makeup, there are only so many conlusions you can jump to befor you arive at 'crossdresing' (or otherwise). If a girl wants to go out in geans and a bagy T-shirt... yeah? and? (actually, what exactly dose count for FTM crossdressing? underwhere? the point at which you start trying to pass?).

The way in which gende equility has developed gives maskulinity much stricter rules, it's esier to tell when you're straying from the pack. (not that I'm trying ot belittle the doubt and uncirtanties of the MTFs here. Knowing you're diferent and axepting you're transgender are two diferent things).
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Do you think that it was easy for you to tell because your female-feeling self was in such sharp contrast to the male life you were expected to lead?

And WHAT was it you knew? That you were a girl? Or that you were different?

So now you're an adult... you know... you didn't fully realise what it was before?

LADY... don't you dare be "haunted"..... if you are unhappy... do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I knew that my inner self didnt fit the plumbing, that I should have been female. I may have even thought I was (probably but cant say for 100&#37; sure). My interests were never with the boys so I was mostly ignored and the girls... well I wasnt a girl in the physical sense. So, knowing I was different (gender wise among others) made things difficult. I think the added confusion to already having to hide just made things worse. I think the gender dysphoria existed as a child, I just didnt know how to frame it. The older I got, the more I could put things into context of course.

As to being haunted I will not be transitioning for reasons already made very public and I wont bore ppl with them again. So, the gender dysphoria will "haunt" me. Does that make more sense hon?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    But as to you're original point, I kind of agree, at least when it comes to clothing. I mean, if a 'boy' decides he wants to go out in skirt and hells with makeup, there are only so many conlusions you can jump to befor you arive at 'crossdresing' (or otherwise). If a girl wants to go out in geans and a bagy T-shirt... yeah? and? (actually, what exactly dose count for FTM crossdressing? underwhere? the point at which you start trying to pass?).
    I think that while you may be right in outward appearances, it still comes down to inner needs for presentation. For a male, it is always more difficult; no doubt about that. For a female, it is much easier to be stealthy as you have pointed out. I believe the Xdressing is an inner need of gender expression moreso than a "fashion" expression. This is always a repeating complaint on the M2F forums. Some people just dont get it.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Joshua - yus exactly

Kimberley - yeah it does make a bit more sense thanks.

Lightbulb when you know you know !!!

For me on this thread , Ive never truly felt like on of the boys growing up , as a yougster, just looked like on of the boys to everyone else , so I played along with that , but deep in my core self , I knew that was not the case , I did'nt really know or really become aware of it till around age 12-13-14 , then the feeling of wanting to become a girl had hit me like a nucliar blast , still had to keep it under wraps from my mom & dad , for fear of them shipping me off to some mental institution . Bottom line is this I've never been one for the roughf and tumble ways of the boys/guys/men, there was no fighting it for me even tho , for a long time I've tryed , ever since I've embraced my transsexuality , hence my divorce in Nov. 2000, I feel like I can and do live my life full measure, and will be this way and who I am till the day I die. , or when the Lord see's fit to take me ......
    " too young to fall in love " schoolgirl "

Aspiring Member
    Do you think that it is harder for people born with a female body to know whether they are transgender/transexual?

Because in a lot of ways it is "normal" for girls and women to "crossdress" or even act very boyish.

So even if you question yourself you can be told, or tell yourself "oh well.. I'm just being a normal boyish girl".
    From the M2F perspective... growing up I remember in my Catholic school they showed a video about a boy who wanted to play with dolls. People made fun of him, but he got the doll he wanted in the end and the point of the video was that there's nothing wrong with boys who want to play with dolls (thinking back on it, this was a Catholic school, so I'm impressed!).

So... I wasn't manly at all growing up, but my non-manliness wasn't considered abnormal in any way so I didn't question gender much back then.

Sierra... I'm glad that you worked it out and are true to yourself now

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    From the M2F perspective... growing up I remember in my Catholic school they showed a video about a boy who wanted to play with dolls. People made fun of him, but he got the doll he wanted in the end and the point of the video was that there's nothing wrong with boys who want to play with dolls (thinking back on it, this was a Catholic school, so I'm impressed!).

So... I wasn't manly at all growing up, but my non-manliness wasn't considered abnormal in any way so I didn't question gender much back then.
    Ahh.... see now that's very interesting!
    That if it's not considered abnormal... you don't question it so much.

Hey that's brilliant that they said it was ok for boys to play with dolls... I'm so impressed

I personally think I make quite an ugly girl...but I do scrub up really quite well.
    Um . . . and . . . . . . don't even go there, Poc. Das is right, you're a hottie in either mode. Trust me, I wouldn't say it if it weren't true (especially since I'm jealous).

To answer your question, I've noticed that a lot of FtMs are confused and undecided precisely because they've met other female-bodied people who present an appearance of being between genders, and so they think it's not so unusual to be masculine and still be biologically female. Others, it seems, have no such doubts and never waver from really knowing from childhood. I don't think it makes either kind more trans than the other, but I don't know why this happens.

In my situation, I absolutely knew it at a very young age, and then after puberty, I somehow convinced myself that maybe I was a combination of both (most likely due to the hormones that kicked in during puberty, I realize now). When I finally realized the truth again, it was due to another hormonal shift. Not much help, I know 'cause my situation seems to be unique (translation: I have a weird body).
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pretty much textbook TS isnt it?

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Um . . . and . . . . . . don't even go there, Poc. Das is right, you're a hottie in either mode. Trust me, I wouldn't say it if it weren't true
    awww thank you. You're obviously all wearing beer goggles but I love ya for it!

(especially since I'm jealous).
    WHAAAT?? *looks bewildered* Ooh shut up you hunky little sex bomb! (In very gay camp voice.)...Captain Lex floats my boat baby yeah!

To answer your question, I've noticed that a lot of FtMs are confused and undecided precisely because they've met other female-bodied people who present an appearance of being between genders, and so they think it's not so unusual to be masculine and still be biologically female.
    Yes yes... very confusing!

Others, it seems, have no such doubts and never waver from really knowing from childhood. I don't think it makes either kind more trans than the other, but I don't know why this happens.
    Then there are people like me who are a combination of both!
    Had lots of "signs" and feelings throughout my life and yet still very confused and analytical about it all.

It must be nice for those that are just so unwaveringly sure of themselves like those you mention. But then I'm never sure of myself about anything... so that doesn't really help lol.

In my situation, I absolutely knew it at a very young age, and then after puberty, I somehow convinced myself that maybe I was a combination of both (most likely due to the hormones that kicked in during puberty, I realize now). When I finally realized the truth again, it was due to another hormonal shift. Not much help, I know 'cause my situation seems to be unique
    Yeah man... I keep having this phrase running around in my head lately...
    "Hormones have a lot to answer for!"

(translation: I have a weird body).
    Hahaha! Awww poor you!

Btw I love the new bit of your signature... you have no excuse for being whacky LOL!
    Very cool avatar too

Thanks Cap.. you're a cool dude.

kerrianna blabs on and on....

I asked my SO, who was, and is in many ways, a "tom-boy" growing up about what that was like. She grew up in Northern Canada, among other places, where there weren't many people and certainly not a place for feminine little girls, so she hung out with the boys and gave as good as she got. She also hung out with the native kids who she says never really made a gender distinction at all with each other. She remembers trying to pee standing up and being surprised that didn't work out. She says she never really had a desire to be a boy, maybe be because she wasn't being forced to be more of a girl in that environment. When she moved to the south and our white 'civilized' culture she immediately felt at odds with the girls here. She was ostracized and she ended up hating girls and their make-up etc, so she still hung out with the boys, only this time the more geeky boys. It wasn't until her late 20's that she started relaxing into her own body and was willing to dress more feminine and shift more to the cultural 'norm'. Even today she is much more of a 'tomboy' than a lot of her friends although I just see her as who she is. All my best friends growing up were either tomboyish girls or 'sensitive' boys.

I just threw her story out as an example I guess. She never felt she was born in the wrong body, but she DID feel at odds with the world and like me it's taken her a long time to start feeling more at home and okay with ourselves. I know her dad wanted a boy and treated her that way a lot, going fishing, hunting etc. He was very upset when she hit puberty and he realized maybe he didn't have a son after all. So all these factors confuse the issue, but my SO does agree that it was easier for her, and more natural to play with the boys when she was younger.

As for me, I was born with a body that just couldn't take the pounding of young male hijinks, and was always very very sensitive and shy. I therefore avoided the boys and hung out with the girls, mainly the 'tomboy' girls. My best friend was a real tough tomboy (she knocked my block off once ), but once she hit puberty suddenly the sensitive guys were of no interest and the cool rock dudes and tough guys were. I ALWAYS felt like an outsider and that I didn't fit. Although I recall vividly crying because I wasn't born a girl, and crossdressing when I was 5 or 6, and wanting to play all the girl games etc., I am still not sure if that came first, or if the ostracisation of being a wimpy boy pushed me in that direction. (girls are 'tomboys' and that's 'cute' while boys are 'sissies' and that is BAD). This is something I am just starting to revisit and I don't think I will ever really know. I've never experienced that feeling that this was a mistake I should have been a girl - more an intellectual judgement sometimes I think. I know this is kinda what you're wrestling with here Pocs. Which came first - are you rationalizing something?

There are many many factors which make us outsiders amongst our peers. Body image and identity is a huge one. I'm not going to pretend to understand gender dysphoria. I'm not sure myself of where I fit in - I just know that the feeling of being outside the norm got to be my norm (I was smarter than them, I was more sensitive than them, I was more creative than them....) and I've been happy that I was different more often than not (what with the banality of MANkind some days). I realize now that maybe I never was so different and I'm trying to slide myself back to more forgiving ground (of myself and others) but it's taken me 48 yrs to start that.

I don't regret not pushing myself one way or the other (I never really thought of it as possibly being gender based altho I can see how that really did make decisions for me - at least having the body and brain I was given did). I'm glad I grew up in between because I do feel unique and special, although I have been a bit lonely and sad most of my life too. But who I am today feels pretty good and that's because I've been fortunate to have a view of both sides.

I don't know if any of this helps Pocs, it was a good question you asked. From reading the replies of others who have felt differently I'd say there does seem to be cases where people 'just know'. You do raise an interesting question about whether some people, like myself, tend to question themselves a lot about things. I don't think I've ever felt SURE about anything in my life. Again, it begs the question - which came first? Is it because you start life off on the wrong foot (wrong gender, wrong race???) and develop this questioning unique perspective? Or were you born with that kind of spirit and therefore can see that there are others ways of being rather than as the gender (or race???) you were born as?

I do agree that girls might not feel so lost at an early age because they usually get less flack for being tomboys. Looking back at my SO's experiences and mine I can see I was much more traumatized and questioning growing up. It's interesting that we kind of met in the middle (except now Kerrianna wants to shift that a bit altho I've been letting my sensitive side languish the last decade so maybe it's just a re-balancing - or a return?)

I like what you said about being soft and caring does not make one more female. If our society encouraged that in ALL our kids we would live in a better world, and maybe some of us would be able to grow up just being secure in who we are.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

...... woooooooaaaaahhh!

And I thought I talked a lot in posts

Hehehe. Thanks Kez.... definitely food for thought there.
    Is it because creative, intelligent people can see and want to experience other ways of being.... or because something is fundamentally "wrong".

Hmmmm

Perhaps either way it ends up amounting to the same?
    More comfortable a certain way?

Oooh I don't know.

Perhaps I just need to shut up and stop worrying/wondering/moaning/complaining! (Uh oh... but in which direction).

Oh b*llocks to this!!!!! LOL!

Cheers lovely

Which raises the old question of creativity in our population....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't really think it's harder for one or the other. Like many people have already said on the thread: It's something that you just KNOW.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenFrost View Post
    It's something that you just KNOW.
    I didn't. I needed it hammered home several times for several years befor it even ocoured to me (and I'm still not sure where I stand on it).

and Poyoko? Just bow to the overriding opinion here, you are good looking (that or a master at doctoring photographs).
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Hmmm. I've not posted here before now for lack of... words.
    Sorry, feeling even less eloquent than usual, which is hard to believe.
    For me... I dunno, I always felt off, more or less, again, though, didn't have a word for it and it took at least 6 viewings of Izzard's 'Dress to Kill' before I finally smacked my forehead and said, 'no kidding, eh? Trans? Me? Hmm.' Then again, that's me: thicker than two short planks.
    I never thought it was weird, really. But then up until recently (like, the last 6 months or so) I've never really given much thought to my thoughts. Never psychoanalysed myself. Never questioned whether what I was feeling was 'normal' or 'usual' or 'weird' or 'quirky' or whatever. I just... accepted whatever thoughts I had. I've never, EVER seen myself as a girl, never been comfortable with other people thinking of me as one. When I was very young, and my grandma would say I was pretty or dainty or fragile, I'd just squirm uncomfortably and think 'Oh god not this again. Better change the subject.' Just figured that was who I was. I never thought about whether I was different from the other girls or boys, I just stayed away from them as best I could. Apparently they thought I was different, cos by the end of first recess I was always bruised or bleeding. Didn't think anything of it, as far as I remember. Just saw myself as a target, never gave much thought as to why. I'm talking too much about stuff people aren't interested in. *shut up, Ben!*

It's a curse: I'm dense AND talkative. And in a very weird mood, if ya hadn't noticed...

Oh, and Poc (as an afterthought, but actually a beforethought, just thought I should answer the question properly (sort of) first)... Yeah, you're a hottie. Don't make me say it again. I don't do the whole compliment thing. Nor do I flirt.

Wow. I am really in a very weird mood. I'll probably read over this tomorrow and wonder if I'd taken a lot of drugs and just don't remember. Sobriety is a strange thing...

Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Sorry... there's a lot about me in this post hehe!
    Oooh it's all "Me me me me me" hahaha....!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    Which raises the old question of creativity in our population....
    *blinks* whaa? Care to elaborate dear girl?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenFrost View Post
    I don't really think it's harder for one or the other. Like many people have already said on the thread: It's something that you just KNOW.
    Whu wha? What is?
    (Haha sometimes I need things explained to me like I'm a little kid!... Seriously!)
    Knowing that you're transgendered...like... have gender confusion? Or knowing that you are transexual...like would definitley like to transition?
    I do know that I am definitely transgendered....(I think ..... !)

Hmmm....!

I do think that there can be many factors which cloud the "knowing" in some people. I suppose sometimes it's all down to individual thought, type and circumstance.

I think that if you are the kind of person that is very unsure of themselves (for whatever reason) and needs reassurance a lot... other people's opinion can count a lot in your reasoning...

And some people are more cautious.

Also .. sometimes I wonder if some people really "know" about lots of things...
    What I mean is... well here's an example:
    Sometimes if someone is in an unhappy relationship, they just put up and put up and put up with it, fantasising and wondering and over-analyse about leaving but don't actually do it because they are waiting for that hand to point out of the sky and a deep booming voice to say "Now is the time...."
    But sometimes we don't always know... and just have to be brave and do what we suspect is right.

I had that exact thing with a relationship and I saw my mum and many of my friends have the same.
    Difference between me and them is... like them I was so unsure... but I just did it and left ... even though I didn't "know"... and it was one of the best things I ever did! It was also a great lesson... I will never allow myself to get "stuck" in a not-right/horrible relationship again.

I guess that sort of thing can't always be applied to every situation.. but I think there could be parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I didn't. I needed it hammered home several times for several years befor it even ocoured to me (and I'm still not sure where I stand on it).

and Poyoko? Just bow to the overriding opinion here, you are good looking (that or a master at doctoring photographs).
    Yeah I guess some people are really really analytical, or scared, or unsure or confused. Or even uninformed... like I didn't even know people could transition 'til the last few years... so I had no way of knowing it was truly possible. So it's a fairly new consideration for me.
    Even though I knew I had private thoughts and feelings I had never properly shared them with anyone, because I knew people wouldn't understand and because they see me as such a girl (albeit a very tomboyish one).

Haha! Oh thank you lol! No I don't doctor my photographs (apart from occasionally to make them b/w or grainy etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Hmmm. I've not posted here before now for lack of... words.
    Sorry, feeling even less eloquent than usual, which is hard to believe.
    For me... I dunno, I always felt off, more or less, again, though, didn't have a word for it and it took at least 6 viewings of Izzard's 'Dress to Kill' before I finally smacked my forehead and said, 'no kidding, eh? Trans? Me? Hmm.' Then again, that's me: thicker than two short planks.
    Haha! Me too... can often be a bit slow on the uptake.
    So like... you knew there was something different about you... but it took some affirmation to truly realise the extent?

I never thought it was weird, really. But then up until recently (like, the last 6 months or so) I've never really given much thought to my thoughts. Never psychoanalysed myself. Never questioned whether what I was feeling was 'normal' or 'usual' or 'weird' or 'quirky' or whatever. I just... accepted whatever thoughts I had.
    Yeah, I was like that too. Even though I am the kind of person that gives myself a really hard time... I knew that I WASN'T "weird" or "a freak" and that there was absolutely nothing wrong with what I was doing. I thought it was all part of growing up and learning about myself.

I've never, EVER seen myself as a girl, never been comfortable with other people thinking of me as one.
    I know that feeling. It feels a bit ... (bugger, can't think of the word)... anyway the word means "makes you feel less-than"
    The only time I like people thinking I'm a girl... is actually in a boyish way.
    I think it's confusing for me because if I was a boy I'd sometimes be campy and girly anyway. Sometimes it's almost like I'm a male crossdresser with a female body!... so you might think, like my mum says "But you should be really happy then...!" but no... because this male crossdresser is just that... a crossdresser... someone happy with having a male body lol!
    This does also confuse the issue somewhat!

When I was very young, and my grandma would say I was pretty or dainty or fragile, I'd just squirm uncomfortably and think 'Oh god not this again. Better change the subject.' Just figured that was who I was. I never thought about whether I was different from the other girls or boys, I just stayed away from them as best I could.
    Poor 'brax. I hate feeling squirmy!! Oh bless you.

Apparently they thought I was different, cos by the end of first recess I was always bruised or bleeding. Didn't think anything of it, as far as I remember. Just saw myself as a target, never gave much thought as to why. I'm talking too much about stuff people aren't interested in. *shut up, Ben!*
    No no I am interested! It's interesting how many of us did get bullied at school for being different. And boy I'd like to smack those bullies in the mouth.
    How could they be so mean to such lovely people (after reading Adam's thing yesterday and this today). How dare they. Poor little Abraxas
    *gives mini-abraxas a big brotherly hug*

It's a curse: I'm dense AND talkative. And in a very weird mood, if ya hadn't noticed...
    Haha I like it when you're in this kind of mood, I enjoy your posts!
    And you're hardly dense! lol!

Oh, and Poc (as an afterthought, but actually a beforethought, just thought I should answer the question properly (sort of) first)... Yeah, you're a hottie. Don't make me say it again. I don't do the whole compliment thing. Nor do I flirt.
    Hahaha! Errmmmm thanks :blushing:

Wow. I am really in a very weird mood. I'll probably read over this tomorrow and wonder if I'd taken a lot of drugs and just don't remember. Sobriety is a strange thing...
    Drugs are bayadd.... m'kay?!
    Sobriety... ahh the stone cold smack in the face of sobriety! (Kidding!)

[edit: Haha cr*p, I'm sorry.. I have just realised that my original question is a little ambiguous! Sh*t!
    Er basically roughly the 1st half was about transgender/transexual and the 2nd half was just mainly about transexual.....derrrr what a d*ck! Sorry If my answers seemed a bit loopy! lol!]
    Last edited by pocoyo; 02-02-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: I'm slow

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Sorry this is off-topic, but I just have to tell you, Abraxas . . . I enjoy your sense of humor anyway, but when you're rambling, it's even funnier, dude (and makes good sense to me). In fact, I find that most people make perfect sense when they do ramble (or maybe it's the way my strange brain understands things). Anyway, don't change a thing.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]