Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dry Cleaners

The Dry Cleaners

The place I take my dry cleaning too had been steadily raising their prices. Finally decided I had to try a new shop for my cloths.

Went in with a big pile of my dress pants and cotton shirts from guy mode work and a few 'Deidra' things. A couple of skirts and tops.

The lady never had seen me before and says 'these are for you!!!' when sorting thru the fem stuff. I was in rough looking boy mode. Sweats, golf hat and tennis shoes...was going to the gym. I joked back "oh yeah I am sure I'd make a pretty girl." <<trying to defuse the situation with humor>>

She was not thrown off the trail easily. She asked when I needed my stuff. I said Saturday Afternoon cause I had Christmas partys I had to wear a coat and tie to and I needed some of those pants and shirts (true by the way). She said no u need this pretty skirt. A pretty GG lady behind me in line laughed.

It really did not bother me, not sure really if she was on to me or just teasing me...but I like this new store a bunch already! Might have to go back up there in Deidra mode and pickup my stuff one day soon. Its in the same shopping ctr as Kroger and my Liqour Store...been enfemme at both of those several times.

Anyway, I had been dropping off femmy stuff at the old cleaners forever and never got any reaction so I thought they assumed I had a wife or GF.

Platinum Member
    don't yar just love it when you go some were and you can joke and fool around some??? there are things you have to do why not have some fun doing them???????????............

Deidre.....I asked in an earlier post what was the best way to handle laundry and dry cleaning. I was very nervous as it was building up and was not sure what to do.

I went to a new laundry where I dropped off 3 pounds of "wash and fold" delicates without any guy stuff. Asked them to be careful as they were my favorite outfits. Not a even a wink or comment. I guess I was expecting a bit more, but maybe it was an off day for them.

On pick-up, I also mentioned that I was here to pick up my skirts and lingerie. Again, no reaction.....Maybe we need a list of CD firendly laundries like Payless or Lane Bryant...

Gold Member
    Knowing you sister you can't wait to go there in fem to get your stuff, I here another tail coming.

Silver Member
    Dear Kristen,

Why do you want a "reaction" when you drop off and pick up your laundry? And why are you getting nervous about it? Wait, wait, don't tell me. Oh yeah, guys aren't allowed to do laundry. Hmm, then how do we get our clothes clean? Time to go home to mom, I guess.

My my, this sounds a bit cranky, doesn't it? Sorry, I probably need that second cup of coffee. Seriously dear, it's OK to take care of your own clothes. Just like it's OK to buy them and it's OK to wear them.

"Why are you washing women's clothes?"

"They aren't women's clothes, the're mine. I have the receipt."

Lovies,
    Steph
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 12-23-2006 at 09:08 AM.

Yes, Diedra, out yourself to the dry cleaners. It can be loads of fun.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Dry Cleaner's Secret - cheaper, easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    Dry Cleaner's Secret - cheaper, easier.
    Did a search and found this:

"Dry Cleaner's Secret is the fast, economical way to get professional dry cleaning results at home."

http://www.drycleanerssecret.com/

Does Dry Cleaner's Secret Really Work?

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu158_3

The old phrase spring to mind

Many a true word spoken in jest
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

You used to be able to get a cleaning fluid called Carbona that seemed OK, but I'm not sure it's available anymore because of teen inhalent abuse.
    Never looked for anything else. It's just easier to take problem items to a professional.

Way cool Deidra! I have always thought dry cleaners must be one of those professions that have "seen it all" and aren't shocked by the idea that women's clothes aren't worn exclusively by women. It's hard to know if she was just teasing or not, but either way, it's fun that she noticed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy48088 View Post
    Does Dry Cleaner's Secret Really Work?
    I got a wool/silk Boden skirt and sparkled True Religion jeans and Dry Cleaner's Secret has treated them real sweet.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    I like this new store a bunch already! Might have to go back up there in Deidra mode and pickup my stuff one day soon.
    I'd gone to a particular dry cleaner a couple of times in drab, taking a couple of pieces that I couldn't wash at home (dry-clean only or couldn't smuggle them in in the timeframe I needed.) Each time they'd taken my name and phone number.

The third or so time that I went, I went en femme, wig and all, with femme clothes; oddly, they didn't take my name or phone number. When I looked at the receipt, I found that there was indeed a woman's name on it.

To this day I haven't been able to decide if they thought they recognized me as one of their frequent customers, or if they recognized me as a crossdresser and have a policy of using a particular fake name to save potential embarassments.

(There wasn't any problem picking up the clothes afterwards in drab.)

Please go there dressed, and let us knnw how it goes. Sounds like a fun place to get your cleaning done...BJ

No doublt about it...gotta go up there dressed and have a bit of an adventure. Like I said before I have gone to stores in my neighbor hood enfemme fairly often, but I don't give them direct clues to who I am when in boy mode. The place I go to the most is Starbucks. I stop there almost every evening before going clubbing enfemme...then every morning in boy mode on the way to work I get a big cup of joe! But its a different crew

Going to the cleaners where they would know my real name and stuff would be a new line crossed but what the heck might be fun and a bit of an adventure. Will try to do it in the next few weeks.

Hope every one has a Merry Christmas that celebrates it! Its the calm before the storm here. My kids are still asleep but soon it will be time for Mr. Mom to cook pancakes and bacon....hmmmm not diet material but good.

That's kind of funny. Perhaps she had already seen you en femme and you never realized it? In any case, sounds like you have an ally on your side. You can never have too many of those!

Have a lovely Christmas and give Santa a if you get the chance!

Christine

Have fun with this, Diedra...I know you will! Your dry cleaning adventure reminded me of one of my own trips to the dry cleaners several years ago: I was en drab, but I walked in and dropped off a couple of denim mini skirts to be cleaned. There were two treen girls working there, and they both seemed to find it a bit humorous that I was dropping odd a couple of skirts...Afterall, the skirts could have belonged to my wife or a girlfriend, etc, but they still giggled and gave me a kind of an amused smile. So I asked them when I could pick the skirts up. One of the girls answered my question and then--I couldn't resist--I said "Oh, good. Cause I'm planning on wearing that one then." I justsmiled and walked out the door as they giggled uncontrolably. Was really a lot of fun!
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

No disrespect intended, but I just don't get it. I go out dressed @ 80% or so dressed, so my experience may be different. When en drab and it comes up I don't hesitate to let merchants know that I CD, and therefore require services that deal with it. My haircutter knows I need a style that fits in with me wearing skirts. When the dry cleaner has questions about femmy clothing I am handing in, I let them know I am the expert because I wear them, such as sparkly thingys attached to skirts and tops, I get my gas en femme sometimes using my masc credit card, and I have lots of good chats with makeup sellers at dept stores when en drab, letting them know it is for me, and can they give a few tips? As long as you are buying, they will cater to you and apply all kinds of makeup until it looks the best. And of course when a guy is buying me a second drink, I make sure he knows Joycie is what she is. I do have one boyfriend that is so paranoid, however, that he hides my clothes and makeup in the deepest recesses of his place, lest 'someone' should see. But I am working on him to loosen up a little!

'Abundant dulcibus vitiis'

Quote Originally Posted by Joyciecd View Post
    No disrespect intended, but I just don't get it. I go out dressed @ 80% or so dressed, so my experience may be different. When en drab and it comes up I don't hesitate to let merchants know that I CD, and therefore require services that deal with it. My haircutter knows I need a style that fits in with me wearing skirts. When the dry cleaner has questions about femmy clothing I am handing in, I let them know I am the expert because I wear them, such as sparkly thingys attached to skirts and tops, I get my gas en femme sometimes using my masc credit card, and I have lots of good chats with makeup sellers at dept stores when en drab, letting them know it is for me, and can they give a few tips? As long as you are buying, they will cater to you and apply all kinds of makeup until it looks the best. And of course when a guy is buying me a second drink, I make sure he knows Joycie is what she is. I do have one boyfriend that is so paranoid, however, that he hides my clothes and makeup in the deepest recesses of his place, lest 'someone' should see. But I am working on him to loosen up a little!

Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    'Abundant dulcibus vitiis'
    No truer words were ever spoken than by a crossdresser!

I don't understand latin or whatever the last two posts were. Can someone translate please?

Not a little girl
    Abundant dulcibus vitiis. Nobody's perfect

Thank you for the translation. I certainly agree with that!

Banned Read only
    Deidra - the dry cleaners here in Bowling Green are expensive too. Special sale skirt or blazer for $3.99 ! Chicago had inexpensive dry cleaners - so much competition there.

The only thing I dry clean is my womens skirts suit or pants or dresses or balzers. Otherwise, anything else that is washable is laundried by me.

By the way, I was in Atlanta on Fri, Sat, and Sun. Maybe I should have gone in drag to a tranny nightclub on Sat, but I couldn't since my GPS broke. I got MS Streets and Trips 2007 with GPS to guide me around but the dongle for the GPS is breakable crap and you can't order a replacement for it.

I only visited Lennox, Phipps, Mall of Georgia, Perimeter Mall, and Discover Mills. Then I went to church then drove down Peachtree all the way downtown then went to Nashville. It would have been nice to see you if I could, but I didn't bring a drag outfit.

Jessie you should have come out girl! Not sure which weekend you are talking about but on both we had some big Tgirl nights going on. Last weekend was our Georgial Tgirls Christmas Party and this past Friday Night was Twinkledome. I think you would have had fun. But I have been to all of those mallls...but Perimeter is my fav.