Thread: Big feet in NYC

Big feet in NYC

Hi, I will be in NYC in a couple of weeks, and to be frank, I have big feet. Size 13 in a male size. I do not have any fem shoes and would like to shop for some in NYC while I'm there. I will be in Chelsea for a week or so. Any suggestions for CD friendly stores? Buying on-line is not an option for me at this time. I would like to buy something that fits.

You know what they say about men that have big feet but what to they say about girls who have big feet?

Jamsey

I'd say no matter where you shop your going to have a problem.....unless it's a TG shop that specilizes in large shoes...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I too wear a 13D, it's hard enough finding decent men's shoes, let alone women's. There are heels available in fetish stores but I find them really uncomfortable and impossible to walk in. The only shoes that I've found are from the Roamans or Lane Bryant catalogs.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

shoes

HI JAMSEY. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, SKYSCRAPER HEELS IN CHICAGO HAS A HUGE SELECTION THRU SIZE 17. GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE TO VISIT CHICAGO. if you can get online, www.skyscraper-heels.com good luck.

Don't know of any specific stores, but the West Village used to be the place to go for anything GBLT ! That was years ago, might be the same now. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

A Friend with ears...
    I beleive Michael Salem is still in Manhattan. I know they recently moved and I have not been there in a few years. Send them an e-mail and I am sure they may be able to help you.

Kisses.
    Karann

Girls with big feet also wear big shoes!!

Thanks for all the responses. I will look around when I'm there and see if I can find any good places.

Jamsey.

Jamsey - when you arrive, pick up a copy of the Village Voice. It's a free publication that is commonly available in stores, shops, etc. in Greenwich Village. If memory serves most of the stores that cater to the T-community have ads in there. It's also generally well-written and, to my mind, indispensible for knowing what's going on around the city.

You can also try the Pink Pussycat Boutique and any of another 20 or so fetish oriented clothing stores in the Village. Even though they are not, strictly speaking, CD-oriented they may have what you are looking for. Also, I cannot remember whether Lee's Mardi Gras Boutique is still open...

Bear in mind that most stores that specifically cater to CD/TGs will probably have a relatively limited selection of shoes that will, in all probability, run toward the fetishistic. If you are looking for 5" pleather pumps you may well be in luck. For more conservative shoes, I hate to say it but your best alternative by far will be online shopping. Brick and mortar stores, even in NYC, will be a distant second.

But good luck!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

there is a place on 39th St between 5th/6th Ave's on the south side of the street that specializes in large size shoes. I can't recall the name but if you walk down the block you should see it. There is also a tall woman's clothing store about two doors down if you want to check that out too. good luck, have fun!

xo Chris

Thanks Erica and Chris. I usually get the Village Voice when I'm in NYC but in the past only fantasized about going to some of the stores. I will definitely check it out and I will look for the store you mention Chris. I will be staying on West 23rd so that will be a nice walk with a lot of interesting stores to look at. And since I'm developing a devil may care attitude now I may go into some of these stores and buy myself something special.

Jamsey.

Well you couldn't be in a better location! Chelsea is about as CD friendly a neighborhood as you will find on earth. Just bear in mind that in the far West, where it blends into the northern end of the Meatpacking District, it can get a little rough after 2AM... Other than that you should have 100% latitude to be as fem as you want, day or night...

Have fun!
    Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Shoes in NYC

Suggest you contact CDI when in NYC. They know everthing about everything there. also they would love to meet you on a Wednesday evening. a nice friendly group.

www.cdinyc.org

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Also, I cannot remember whether Lee's Mardi Gras Boutique is still open...
    Sadly, Lee's closed down a few years back after Lee passed away. The building has since been sold and renovated. The meatpacking district has changed quite a bit over the last few years.

Erica, you mean I shouldn't go to Hogs and Heifers and get up on the bar and dance with the barmaids late at night? I will probably stay in Chelsea, but may try East of Eighth after the Halloween parade.

Kristine, I don't know if I will be able to contact CDI but If I get the opportuning I will. Also if I attend the Wednesday meeting my relatives will definitely begin to worry about me. Halloween is one thing but wednesday too.

Thanks also Dawna and Monica.

I like walking from Chelsea to the village and looking at all the stores. I always end up going different ways. Also, there are lots of bars to stop in and have a beer or two too. Will be doing that a couple of days.

Jamsey

I really need to open a big feet shoe store; maybe in our little town of Transgender, USA.

From everything I've read it sounds like not only GG, but we have problems finding nice, everyday shoes for feet larger than size 12.

I think I was a 13D in high school. My woman's shoe choices are 2 - 2 styles in the whole internet fit a size 17 womens! You might look at Pleaser brand shoes. Some fetish, but some practical too. Me, I'm stuck with Pleaser DREAM-420W or DREAM-431W.

http://www.pleaserusa.com/showcase/r...iv=1%5FPLEASER
    Last edited by krisybryant; 10-04-2006 at 10:04 PM.
    There's more here than meets the eye.
    Much Love,
    Krisy

Girls with big feet also wear big shoes!!

That was Clarissa response to my subtle or not so subtle question about a scene in that Julie Roberts film with, what was his name, you know, the good looking English guy who blinks alot? What was the name of the film? Escapes at the moment.

I have to learn how to copy from one message to the other.

Luv
    Jamsey