Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reactions and the worst

Just a general observation to throw in to the mix: Although women tend to be more nurturing than men, they also tend to be more judgmental.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I used to feel like I should only buy my femme stuff from older women at cash registers. I avoided teenagers, especially the boys. I had a fear of black people making a scene.

I have been out dressed some. Often, I am dressed en femme clothes, but as a man. I have found that black people are nice to me. Some teen girls laughed loudly at me, but I have had either non-event experiences or inquisitive interactions with black persons. I have had women politely ask me questions about why I was dressed the way I was. I guess they didn't jump to what I feel is the obvious conclusion.

Teens have not bothered me. (I don't go alone to remote places at night. I stick to malls, and safe places.) I stepped out of a dressing room one time and some teenage girls were near the dressing room. I was in a skirt. The girls leaned to get a look, but no laugh or any negative reaction.

It turns out, the most unpleasant reactions I have ever gotten were from white women at or over 50. One lady gave me two long dirty looks when I was browsing a dress rack. Another lady bumped into me in two stores. I was trying on shoes at one of them. She seemed disappointed in me. She later said, "I hope you are going to be in a pageant."

Obvious my notions of people's reactions are poorly formed!

Quote Originally Posted by clarisa
    Why do people always blame Christians? As if the Muslim faith is TG-friendly?
    As if ALL ORTHADOX RELIGION is TG friendly...

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NighttimeGirl
    yeah them god hates fags lot are a scarey bunch, Im in the UK but I have heard of these lot more than once, obviously dont enjoy thier own life so wanna mess up everyone elses, seen a clip of a mentalist woman at a funeral shouting at the relatives of the deceased that it serves them right etc, sick bunch.
    OMG, if you think that sick lot are scary when viewed on the television, you should see their sick, pathetic act up close in real life. I see these brainwashed zealots picketing all over town on a regular basis. The saddest part is seeing the young brainwashed children holding up these rude, nasty signs, often in the heat of the day.
    Do not confuse these peoples with truly religious, spiritual folk. Their leader is a dis-barred lawer, as well as a de-frocked Baptist Minister (he had to start his own church to satisfy his egotistical demagoguery!)

The sad thing is, due to the success of the legal chicanery of some of the members in suing anyone who they feel opposes them, the city officials and most people are just scared of them.

Bobbie-cd
    Are you talking about those from your fair state that have been going to the funnerals of America"s finest who have given all in our defence in Iraq?
    What a group! What a way to dishonor their sacrifice. IMHO if you want some one to see things your way, you don't call them names and tell them they are going to hell.

Worst reaction? Definitely older women. Between 40-60 years old to be specific. The usual "you must be gay" thing, followed by them sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming like a little child when I try to explain anything to them.

Best reaction? Probably younger women. Like 18-30. Usually a lot of questions, but nothing that shows that they might be put off by it.
    Hail Satin!

Personally if on my own or with other adults it wouldn't bother me I'm a great believer in live and let live. I would also like to say that the effort you all go to makes me ashamed as on a bad morning of chasing kids around trying to get out the door I look terrible when I leave the house. At least you take the time to look nice which deserves an approving smile.
    On the other hand if out with children, if I was to notice I would give a wide berth the same as I do with people that dye their hair bright green(or many other colours) as children have a nack of embarrasing the best of us.
    I would just say go and enjoy, if people don't like it that is their problem not yours.

Banned Read only
    As someone who spends a lot of time with people who dye thier hair stange colors, you need not be afraid, unless you worry your kids will want that shade too. Yeesh, its only hair, the differenced between kelly green hair and jet black hair is about 1/2 hour needed to change the color. I mean, why would someone with bright green hair start a problem, its not like they can just melt into the crowd.

From time to time I'm kinda amazed at how intollerent some of us are while screaming for tollerence.

The kids are alright.

The point I was making is that children have a nack of asking awkward questions in very loud voices creating maximum embarassment for everyone.
    My eldest is past this and wouldnt bat an eyelid but my youngest still hasnt quite got the hang of being quiet.
    Sorry if I caused any offence!

Banned Read only
    No offense taken, and I think people with Green Hair DESERVE to be embaressed by little kids, that goes with the deal, LOL! My crew chief from time to time has green - like optic green, use him for a landing becon or something - hair, and I love it when kids make fun of him. Laugh riot.

Serriously, anyone with hair like that is - gasp - doing it for attention, just like a Mohawk, or the guy down the street from me who dyes his white dog pink, or blue depending on his mood.

I was out enfemme about a month ago walking down a street when a women
    about 40 with a male companion walked by me she smiled and said hallo
    I gave her a smile did she read me or was she just being friendly to another
    women ? I hate say it but the only time I have been laughed at is by
    black girls

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    Hmmm...the only negative, if it can be considered as such reactions I've had only came from store clerks. They're not really negative, as in hostile, however. I was buying shoes en male and I told the clerk when she said, "That I could buy some shoes for myself" (Even why buying the most obvious items you would think would indicate that you're a crossdresser, I never get read...), that the shoes, very fashionable sandals, were for myself, she looked puzzled and embarassed. The other time was when I opened my mouth to speak with the clerk when buying a swimsuit dressed. The clerk equally was puzzled and embarassed.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    My experience is that teenage kids tend to be the ones that tend to read me the most, and are the most likely to giggle and stare. But I don't pay them much attention because it's their insecurities that are showing.

As far as smiling, from what I can tell, it's the equivalent of The Nod men give each other to acknowledge each other's presence.

As far as staring, one thing my Pilates instructor once said that we shouldn't assume people are staring for bad reasons. She said she used to stare at CDs because she was fascinated that they did such as good job at presenting themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west
    From time to time I'm kinda amazed at how intollerent some of us are while screaming for tollerence.
    What Kat said....
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

"Paperback writer Wendy" Tiffany 1953's Avatar

GG reactions

Yes, let's face it, some girls are not nice to us. I have noticed that reaction too, especially when you are sort of invading their turf, for example when you are browsing for lingerie.

I have noticed that the GG's that are secure in their own femininity are the most accepting of us for invading their space. The most complimentary comment I have ever received was from a an older waitress that told my wife "I think it is great for a man to try to emulate a woman honey, Just goes to prove they want to be like us."

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noname
    What is with the smiling reaction?
    Personally, I think a smile from a GG means that she probabaly finds you either interesting, or at the very least, non threatening...both of which are a good thing. I say, if you get a smile...smile back.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    I just got a reaction a couple of days ago when I got a pedicure. I picked out a light green color. As I sat down these two women said, "Is that color for you?" yeah it is. Are you wearing any now? Uh huh. Let's see, they said. I showed them saying it changes color, so cool. They are painted! one exclaimed. I said, it's ok, it's not like the sky is going to fall or anything. She back pedaled a bit saying she knows. She then wennt on to say, wow I thought my husband was odd ( can't remember the word she used ) or just ahead of his time. I guess that wasn't too bad. Hopefully I left the impression that guys getting nail color is ok. I really find it strange that something as simple as color is tied to a certain sex.

Later that day while browsing with the wife, I was looking for pants. Some girls decided to giggle and laugh, they kept calling for their friend who was working at the time to come and check this out, you gotta check this out. ( Store was empty ) code green code green... we gotta ( couldn't hear ) on our hands, code green code green. Maybe I was just being over hyper aware. Ok this post had not real point, but both in the same day.

I have a skirt that has little shorts inside of it. It is a garment made of something like spandex. I wore it with my sheer hose, fake keds, and a ladies polo shirt (with a slightly lacy collar), and went for a walk. It was 7am, so I could avoid most people. I could pull up the skirt so that it looked like shorts. I wore it and walked about a 1/2 mile. I came back in to my apartment complex near the back area. As I came out of the trail that cuts through the woods, I heard a car door. I started to only show my shorts. I saw an older woman entering a van. I decided to let the skirt hang. I walked toward her since that was my way home. She looked up from what she was doing and smiled at me and I smiled and waved at her. I don't know when she noticed the skirt, but she kept looking my way and kept smiling in a nice looking way. It was nice just being me in a skirt!

Joe

I would say that a group of drunk rednecks are the worst. Teenage girls might giggle and point, but they are harmless.

The next are extreme fundamentalist, rightwing Christians. As I have seen written lately-"Oh so many extreme, rightwing Christians, Oh so few lions".

Jodi