Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outreach to the public

Canadian in Transition Jenn2716's Avatar
    Thank you Stephanie, Melanie and others who are educating the public. I wish I had the confidence to do the same (maybe someday). But I know that all of your efforts will go a long ways in improving things for the next wave of crossdressers that are coming along.

You girls are heroes in my eyes.
    [SIZE=3]Life is what you make it.[/SIZE]

So cool!! I do a lot of public education as far as mining and engineering, middle and high schools mostly. Never thought of doing it enfemme! Kill two birds with one stone. More likely kill one career and loose one wife. But thanks for getting out there!! If I could I'd love to but family first, Karren's low on the food chain.

Love Karren

Eart first...we'll mine the other planets later!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not plus sized anymore! sharifemme's Avatar
    Hi,

I've done some outreach, mostly "covert" because I'm not out to everybody in my area. I have done a session or two at our Welcoming and Affirming Church (two hours away from home). I've also joind HRC and other groups to lend my moral support. I have E-mailed legislators, the NY Governor, and even President Bush about GLBT issues. I even urged my boss to initiate GLBT protections at our work sites through E-mails.

See, even if you are in stealth, you can still attempt to help!

Sharifemme

The documentary on crossdressing "Secret Lives of Women - Woman Married to A Crossdresser" will air on Women's Entertainment, the WE channel, on August 29 and will repeat in September.

Hugs,

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

It's great to see so many others "reaching out". I knew you were out there, but our beloved news media always keeps it under wraps - unless there is dirt involved .
    But as I was reading some of the posts I wondered if it occured to some that want to but are affraid of being found out in thier town .... how is this for a solution...
    In Tri-Ess we have girls from other chapters that like to "swap" outreaches. Some of us go to thier town where they are worried to show face, yet need assistance. Then they come here to help out, when we are short handed, and not be worried about anyone knowing them. Just a thought. Not for all I know - but like I said, a thought.
    Hugs all