Thread: Camping and crossdressing

Camping and crossdressing

I have my campsites booked for 3 different weeks where I will be camping solo. Days during the week in Riding Mountain National Park and Spruce Woods Provincial Park. I don't use an RV, but have a big tent. I did the same last year and it was great. The campsites I have are fairly private so being able to be dressed at my campsite is a bonus. Couple years ago, I was lounging in a reclining folding chair wearing a bikini. Sadly I won't be able to take my inflatable boat to Clear Lake due to the risk of Zebra Mussels getting introduced to the lake.

Anyone else like to go camping and being where you can lounge around at the campsite dressed?

Sounds like some good times coming up for you this summer!

I have gone camping in girl mode several times too. I do have an RV I sometimes take out, but have also done tent camping.

The best trip I have had, was a 3 day stopover in Iceland coming back from Europe. I had my girl stuff with me, and a small mountain tent and sleeping bag. I rented an off road vehicle, changed clothes, and camped, hiked, and played tourist for 3 days!
    I would just pull off the road and camp, which is fine in Iceland, and during the day I would drive around to the different tourist spots and be around the muggles in my dresses and long skirts. Lots of nice people and no issues at all.

On the first day I was still a little apprehensive about being up close with people. I came up to a gas station and wanted to top off with fuel. I figured I would be in and out with minimal contact .. Wrong! This was Not a self service station, so this young guy comes out to run the pump!
    No turning back at that point, so I thought, Well .. lets burn that bridge right now. No problems of course, all smiles.

It was a great trip!

I do want to do more hiking in girl mode, but I need some better hiking boots. The good thing is that for whatever reason, women's hiking boots that fit me are significantly smaller than my men's hiking boots! Not sure how they do that, must just be less padding or structure or something. They are also typically lighter. Women's boots also tend to fit me better because they are little narrower, and I apparently have narrow feet.

Suzie

I was born in and lived in Winnipeg for 60 years before moving to Australia so I am very familiar with the campsites you mentioned. You could try the Grand bBach campsite, it was our favourite and has quite private campsites arranged in large bays. Unlike campsites like Falcon Lake where you are a foot away from your neighbour and can hearing them breathing at night time.

When I look at many of the new campgrounds and see how packed in they are with zero chance of privacy. Many don't even have trees for shade. No different than camping in a parking lot. Which is why I prefer the provincial and national parks.

I would like to do some of the hiking trails wearing a skirt.

Just curious whether any of you have tick problems in your camping areas. Where I live, there are an abundance of ticks and it's recommended to tape the bottom of your pants tight to your legs and wear long sleeves to avoid ticks. I would never go into the woods with a "hiking" skirt.

I always have to be on Tick petrol after being in the woods. I am a literal tick magnet apparently.
    The taping works, to a degree, but there are so many downsides to that, including just the discomfort of being all buttoned up.
    Deed spray also helps, but again not without some unfortunately side effects.

Best way to stay safe in this life is to stay at home, in your bed, and turn the light off .. and the microwave (reference from another post I just made), but that is not really a life.

We do have ticks, but not too bad. Just depends on where you are. The one trail is basically into sand dunes, Spirit Sands. Mosquitoes are more of the annoying threat.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    We have ticks here also. Everywhere. They'll get on you regardless of what you are or are not wearing, you just have to be diligent in checking your clothes and body. My wife has lime disease from an undiscovered tick bite. Not good.

I live in tick country, they are everywhere. Chickens keep them away from the house but out hiking there isn't much to do. One advantage of shaving all body hair is they have nowhere to hide, after a wilderness stroll I strip down check in a full length mirror and use a tick key to rid myself of unwanted pests. Permethrin is a great way to reduce your exposure to ticks and it stays on the clothes about a week. If I am in the thick stuff I always make sure to treat my clothes with Permethrin, in 7 years I have had only 2 ticks make it back to the house with me.

The ticks have been real bad here in Maryland and Virginia this year, most likely as a result of a mild winter.
    Permethrin is really good and several companies sell clothes with it in them that they claim will last 70 washings.
    I would love to go camping and dressing, what fun!
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by tbryant2k16 View Post
    The one trail is basically into sand dunes, Spirit Sands.
    The Spirit Sands was a real surprise the first time I saw them. A little desert with big sand dunes just like in the movies in the middle of nowhere with prairie grasslands and forest surrounding it. The Spirit Sands are also the home of Manitoba's only lizard, the Prairie Skink.

At our cottage the tick problem was very variable year to year and we would get the occasional one on us but the major problem was our dogs seemed to be tick magnets and we had to check them every time they came back into the cottage.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty S View Post
    One advantage of shaving all body hair is they. (the ticks) have nowhere to hide
    I'll have to save that excuse as one of the reasons for explaining to my wife why I like to shave all over

Shaving to provide fewer places for ticks to hide. Love it, great tip! Who can argue with that as we move into camping season here in the northern hemisphere. Have a first trip in three weeks. Where?s that razor!!!
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

My wife and I are on a summer long adventure at an Ohio campground. I'm usually pretty active in the CD community at home. I brought things to wear and go out but the campground we're in isn't any way to get out of the camper without being noticed. At night neighbors will generally be at their campfire. So unless it's raining and night time I don't see much possibility to go out as Joyce. We are in the middle of "red Neck" country and I don't think it would be well received ... not that I care about what they think but I do care about harassment opportunities from them. So here we are, an hour away from Columbus, Ohio where I could be myself. So I'm doing some research online trying to find friends and places to go. We can rent a room for the night if these things come together.

Sorry you won't be able to enjoy your campsite while dressed. That's the sad part of many of the campgrounds now. They don't offer much privacy, your jammed in like your in a parking lot. Hopefully you can get some CD time while your camping.

Yes I love camping and dressing. For me the go hand in hand. My favorite place is Fort Custer campground. Very private secluded spots. And in the late late evenings I will stroll around the campground. Risky yet ever so exciting. Dressed in Mom mode of course. Never have had issues with ticks yet my wife makes a bug type spray with essential oils to keep them all at bay.

We camp one weekend a month during the warmer months and two full weeks a year. I always pack girly stuff and put it on in the evening for the campfire if we are in a secluded area. I've never done makeup while camping, but that may change soon.
    SamiLiving in feminine bliss

We have a small camper and camp quite often. I do wear panties and night gowns inside but have never ventured outside dressed.
    Honoring the woman within

A year or so ago we were at an RV resort in St. Augustine. The site shared a patio with the next door neighbor. I went out several times during the week wearing a skirt & bra. The next door neighbor was friendly & spoke to me several times. He would tell me about all the activities coming up at the resort. One evening I was cooking dinner on the grill & he came over to chat. I was wearing a bra under my T shirt, otherwise in male clothes. During the conversation he put a hand on my shoulder, right on the bra strap & another time he put his hand in the middle of my back over the bra clasp. The gestures seemed friendly & normal, but I figured he was trying to confirm I was wearing a bra. Nothing was said about my clothes & he was always very friendly.

Yes I've been to a campsite in riding mountain as well, but only underdressed there. I have gone to Rosendale, aka Big Valley and have gone camping in a big tent. Spent most of the time fully dressed there in a skirt and ladies top on was the middle of the week and only seen one other person. I even wandered around outside of the campsite but put yoga pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by prw230 View Post
    A year or so ago we were at an RV resort in St. Augustine. The site shared a patio with the next door neighbor. I went out several times during the week wearing a skirt & bra. The next door neighbor was friendly & spoke to me several times. He would tell me about all the activities coming up at the resort. One evening I was cooking dinner on the grill & he came over to chat. I was wearing a bra under my T shirt, otherwise in male clothes. During the conversation he put a hand on my shoulder, right on the bra strap & another time he put his hand in the middle of my back over the bra clasp. The gestures seemed friendly & normal, but I figured he was trying to confirm I was wearing a bra. Nothing was said about my clothes & he was always very friendly.
    At first I was thinking how brave to be you are to be outside in just a skirt and bra with no top. Then when I read him trying to feel for the bra under your shirt, I though he saw you in the bra already, so why is he feeling for it. Then I clued in. Don't know how many women would be brave enough to be outside meeting strangers in a campground with just their bra and no top on.