Thread: More camping and crossdressing

More camping and crossdressing

Someone just posted about camping and crossdressing, so I thought I'd share my experience from this past week. I just got home yesterday afternoon.

I had last week off, so I booked a campsite about an hour from home for four nights. This was a Corps of Engineers site on Kerr Reservoir, on the NC-VA border, and a beautiful area.

I boldly decided to go 100% en femme, and didn't take any male clothes at all. Of course I packed too many female clothes, mostly casual, practical, clothes like I usually see GGs wearing at campgrounds. I did sneak in a couple of skirts. We have a 23' camper, and tow it with an older Chevy Suburban.

Day 1 (Women's jeans, pink cotton top, minimal gold jewelry, Teva sandals): Packed the camper, hitched up, and left for the campsite around 2 PM (checkin was 4 PM). I stopped at a little quickstop market in a tiny town, and a local bakery in a larger town (shout out to Strong Arm Bakery in Oxford, NC -- veteran-owned and delicious food). When I got to the campground, there was a nice couple at the entrance station. I gave my last name and the lady looked at me and said "this says '[MY REAL NAME]'". I said "that's my husband. I'm Joanie". They were very nice, and didn't blink an eye. I got set up, and took a couple of walks around the campground loop I was on. I chatted with some random fellow campers. The rest of the day I just hung out at the campsite, which was right on the lake and very beautiful.

Day 2 (Women's jeans, purple top, sneakers): I went to the nearest little town, Clarksville, VA, and bought fruits and veggies from an outdoor stand. I picked up a couple of things at CVS (drugstore) and some bulbs for my taillight at an auto parts store. They guy in the parts store was super friendly. I had coffee at the little coffee shop in town, and the young woman behind the counter couldn't have been nicer. I complimented her deep blue fingernails. I chatted with a couple of women in line behind me. I then went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered some food to go. When I got back to the campground, after eating outside, I walked around the campground loop, and someone said to me "Hi neighbor!" -- it was the couple camped next to me. We had a long convo -- they were on their way home to MA. Such nice folks. I introduced myself as "Joanie". Later, when I was outside, the man was in his site and called out "Joanie!" -- and asked if I wanted their leftover firewood. I offered to come and get it, but he brought it over. So nice!

Day 3 (Black capris, yellow flowered blouse with beige background, Teva sandals): I went to another nearby town and went to their visitor's center, which also had a huge model train display. I bought gas at a Love's truck stop, and used their ladies' room. I then went to a barbecue restaurant and had a nice convo with the ladies behind the counter. They were a little surprised when I told them I was camping by myself. I told them "my husband had to work" :-)
    The brisket plate was Delicious. I then went back to Clarksville and went to a thrift store that I had seen on previous trips, but never made it on a day they were open. I asked if they had a plus size section, and one of the nice ladies who volunteered there walked me over to it, saying "I'm going to show her that section", and referred to me as "she" to someone else. Then she actually pulled a top off the rack and said it would look good on me. Of course I bought it, and two more tops, plus a pair of underwear. All in all, very validating. Once again, spent the afternoon doing a little work on my laptop, but mostly reading and enjoying the lake view.

Day 4 part one (Women's jeans, VA Beach t-shirt, sandals): My wife called to tell me she had fallen and hurt herself, and would I come home. Of course, I immediately packed up and left for home. She said not to hurry, that she was mostly OK, but I wanted to be there. I got packed up in record time. A nice man who was hanging out with a couple of buddies helped me align my truck with the hitch. I went to Clarksville, and parked in near the thrift store from a previous day to make some last-minute adjustments to my hitch, and to change into a cute red cotton printed skirt and a plain black top. Then I headed to a parking lot near a Hardee's fast food restaurant. I went in to order (can't do drive-through with a camper!) and gave my order. I tapped my credit card, and moved on to fill my beverage, when the young woman behind the counter said "Ma'am!" -- I had not tapped in the right place, so I had to do it again. Of course I loved the "Ma'am". Then I had an uneventful trip home. After I got home, I switched back to all-male mode, and took my wife to the ER. She's fine, though very sore. X-rays revealed she had cracked a couple of ribs. She's resting now with lots of painkillers.

All in all, I had a completely normal experience, that any GG would have had if they went camping solo. I wore very simple, casual clothes (except for the drive home), and basically blended in, I think. I had many, many interactions with people, and no problems at all.

Bottom line, I had a fantastic time, and I am sure I will do a 100% en femme camping trip again.

What a nice story Joanie! Sounds like a wonderful time away and camping no less.

I have to ask you though ... are you aware that this is a forum for men who crossdress and pretend to be women, not for actual women, like you ...

But seriously, it all sounds so perfectly normal and natural and it is clear to me that your presentation and everything about you just spells woman, which is why you are able to have such a wonderful time just blending in with everybody else.
    Good for you!

Hugs
    Suzie

Joan, I am glad you had a nice weekend camping. Sounds like a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great story!!

Joan, I love how you did this camping trip alone and blended very well and loved the time you were there. I am sure there will be a follow up trip.
    Good your wife is ok.
    Crissy

Until Covid my wife and I traveled in our Airstream 6-7 months of the years.
    We did this from 2014 to 2019. It was marvelous. This is from 2017...

My wife and I have spent four or five months since 2014 travelling in our Airstream. We've been west and as far east as the Blue Ridge Parkway, as far south as Alabama. We tried to winter in Texas last year but it was too cold. We were around Corpus Christi. We decided that if we were going to be cold, we might as well be cold at home where we had more room.

The first year (2014) I packed a few pairs of women's Columbia shorts all my levis 555 guy fits and about a 50/50 mix of Stafford and Vanity Fair. Most of the camp shirts I wore were men's. It was a nice trip and my wife and I enjoyed each other's company.

Then, in February 2015, I fell on black ice and shattered my left wrist, really back. I couldn't button up levi's or button shirts, going to the bathroom and bathing was not any fun at all. My wife got me Chic elastic waist pull on jeans on teh clearance rack and I was hooked.

In 2015, my wife said I could wear whatever I wanted just don't embarrass her. I appreciated that and, since I am not a 'femme' type dresser (more of a jeans and boots type) I was off to the races. She decided that for every three articles of clothing I had on, at least one item had to be men's. Since women's shirts don't fit me well (unless they are 3x and 4x) because I have a very long torso. So I usually wear men's advertising tee shirts or fishing shirts. Elastic waist jeans and panties.

In 2016, I was dressed all the time in my Iowa farm wife look. I brought a 'track suit' that male but that was for wearing on cold morning taking the dog for his morning walk. We camped in the NPS campgrounds along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

This year, 2017, we've been in Colorado and Southern Utah. I expanded my wardrobe to include women's Carhartt jeans, eddie bauer jeans, and my elastic waist Chic jeans. I really like the elastic waist shorts Kmart used to sell. They have wide legs and the inseam fits me well. Most shorts hit me behind the knees which drives me crazy. I brought along Vanity Fair pajamas.

We camped a lot in NFS campgrounds. Other than Labor Day and Eclipse chasers, we were able to get private camp sites, usually on the outside loop away from traffic or high back in spots.

We went to Lee's Ferry and had a wonderful, private spot for sunshowering and sitting outside but the temps rose to 103 plus so we left. Red Canyon was best. We sat outside everynight and watched the stars and the new moon. I also, in the course of this year's adventure, picked some Women's capri pants. Two pairs of elastic waist jean capris and two pairs of dark khaki camp capris, with pockets and strings. One pair is St. John's Bay which I think is penny's and the other pair is Eddie Bauer.

Also this trip I brought only new panties. I told my wife that after each shower I took in the Airstream, I would dry off and put on a new pair of panties. That was sort of fun. Laughing about styles and what colors adn that biggie....lace or not. You can probably tell we were in Colorado. My wife insisted that splashing water on my face and chest was NOT a shower! We were dry camping and watching our water usage...not so much fear of running out of water, but fear of filling up the gray water tank. Campers will know what I am talking about.

This year was several firsts.... two hail storms in three days. One in Eastern Colorado and the second one just north of Rocky Mountain National Park. The trailer got pockmarked pretty bad. The side of the trailer the first storm missed (it hit the front, rear and curb side pretty bad), the second one got. Then, going into Meeker CO, the right front brake caliper locked up and had to get that fixed, then the blinker switch went out, then the rear brake drums got hot and warped. Which was caused because the trailer brake controller shorted out when the blinker switch was replaced. It was a fun ride from Silverton to Durango with no trailer brakes you betcha! LOL It's funny now. We 'pulled out' a lot on that trip.... lol

My wife has commented to me how much more relaxed I am when we are camping in the trailer. I tell her I like wearing women's clothes, I know that I could never pass as a woman nor do I want to. I just like wearing comfortable clothes and the clothes I feel are comfortable are women's clothes.

She tells me to quit labeling myself.

So, if you would see me out walking around the campground, carrying a little blue plastic sack with a little schnauzer on the lease, give me a wave. I'm the 68 year old guy with long gray hair and a beard. Is that man wearing women's clothes? Oh what difference does it make? He looks comfortable. LOL

Update 2024--- we haven't camped since 2019. I have been knocked for a loop with afib and heart issues. I plan to spend the summer down at hte lake cabin...there are plenty of outlet malls in Branson!!

Great camping stories from both Joan and Ann. Hope your with us healing OK Joan.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    What a nice story Joanie! Sounds like a wonderful time away and camping no less.

I have to ask you though ... are you aware that this is a forum for men who crossdress and pretend to be women, not for actual women, like you ...

But seriously, it all sounds so perfectly normal and natural and it is clear to me that your presentation and everything about you just spells woman, which is why you are able to have such a wonderful time just blending in with everybody else.
    Good for you!

Hugs
    Suzie
    Thanks for the lovely comments. I don't think I pass all that well, but I am pretty confident, and that helps a lot. I'm attaching what I looked like -- an overweight, slightly frumpy, but friendly, lady :-).

rudd1.jpgrudd2.jpgrudd3.jpg