Thread: The feeling I had coming out.

The feeling I had coming out.

In 2019 my place had a slight house fire the part I lived in got the worst of it. The insurance took everything we had to clean and return including Brandie's stash. When they got returned they gave Brandie's clothes to the only woman of the house my mom. While we was sitting in the living room she mentioned she has some clothes she has never seen and was there anything you would like to tell me? I sat there stunned i started thinking how can I lie out of this. Then I thought just go ahead and admit to it now is your chance. Time to quit hiding time to stop sneaking. I took a deep breath and said to myself in for a penny in for a pound. My heart racing palms sweating Nerves on top of nerves. I finally said "Mom I am a crossdresser." With that short sentence the weigh of the world was lifted off my shoulders I instantly felt better. No more living a double life ,The movies makes it look easy its not, my mom finally spoke up. You feel better now? I have known for a long time and could tell something was bothering you. I waited for you to tell me but you never said anything. I started crying and im not a crier she hugged me and said come get your clothes.

Happy Mothers day to all the moms out there esp the accepting mom out there.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

That is lovely.

Beautiful - thank you for sharing!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Wow, Great story! It isn't always as bad as we imagine.

Wow, a great post thank you for sharing.

Brandie, while the fire would be upsetting, it did give you the opportunity to connect with your mom. That's great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

You know what they say " you can never do evil in your moms eyes". A mother is always a mother and will do anything for there children. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Very lovely. There's a little hidden nugget of how things really work. How many times have we heard here that no matter how clever we think we are, someone always knows.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Great story, thanks for sharing it!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

You have a great mom - thanks for sharing

Super sweet x

A lovely story with a happy ending. Mums are the best. I came out to my mother and she was brilliant. Sorry I did not do it earlier.

Great story!! Your mom is awesome.

I've always wonder if my mom knew or strongly suspected. If she knew, she probably decided it was a phase that I was going through.

Whatever she might have known, she took it to the grave with her.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

What a lovely Mother's Day story.

Wonderful story about a wonderful Mom! Thanks
    Crissy

What a great story! sometimes we are our own worst enemies when it comes to coming out.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

That's a wonderful story. I believe that sometimes we are our own worst enemies, holding back because we are ashamed and embarrassed
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Wow, my mom found out when I was about 16 and said "it was just a phase I was going through".
    Little did she know.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wow!

My mom had no clue. And, as a closet CD there was no reason to tell her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Such a sweet outcome, Mom's are the Greatest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    My mom had no clue. And, as a closet CD there was no reason to tell her!
    As a kid, I always thought my mom didn't know. I thought I always dressed under the radar. My mom never mentioned dressing to me.

But as an adult, I have to respect the fact that moms knew everything that went on. I always wonder if she knew, but didn't know how to talk to me about it.

There was this one time when she asked if I wanted her to paint my nails. She painted the first nail and was starting on the second one when I had what I can only refer to as a panic attack and I wiped the nail polish before it had even dried. I always wanted her to ask again, but she didn't. I didn't know how to bring it up, so it never happened.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.