Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: road trip - bathroom question

UPDATE: "On your mark, get set, - never mind"

My SO has decided that I shouldn't make the trip - at least until Sept.

She gets periodic treatments that help her with her pain/mobility, and her next one is at the end of August.
    She figures she'll be better able to be on her own afterwards.
    I certainly can't argue with that.

So - I'm a bit disappointed, but I can't say that I'm all that surprised.
    It's almost a truism for me that if I try to plan something, it won't work out.
    "The best laid plans of mice and men" and all that.

I definitely will keep all your suggestions in mind though. If/when I do get to make the trip, I'm sure the info will come in handy.

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar
    A former therapist of mine had a list of single use restrooms at gas stations and fast food places that she discovered and provided by her CD/TG clients that she would hand out in my area. It would be a handy app to create and use; A safe bathroom locater.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."-- Anais Nin.

As others have said, the first thing to do is to relax. When I use a public restroom en femme, I do the same thing I do in male mode -- get in, take care of business, wash hands, and get out. The Interstate rest areas in Fla., SC, NC, and Va. have not been overly crowded, so there's been no standing in line hoping I won't be clocked. Target on a weekend was quite nerve-wracking for that reason. Starbucks often has single-person restrooms, and some of them are labeled as unisex. Note that when I go out dressed, I try to look like a cisgender woman of my age; I wouldn't have the nerve to go into a women's room otherwise. When wearing androgynous clothes and no wig, I act male.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving