Thread: Born with this?....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    g
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah_UK
    the only common link amongst cder is the one thing - crossdressing.
    Yes, there are many theories on the origin of CDing. That's not a contradiction. People are complex. The fact that there might be many different explanations--or, more accurately stated--a limited number of relevant factors that may interact uniquely in innumerable ways for each CDer --doesn't mean that these explanations or factors are irrelevant.

Each person needs to figure out their own situation. But the more factors they understand, the more tools they have at their disposal.

Also, I don't believe social/psychological factors are any less "causes" than genetics, even thought the latter comes earlier. One could as easily call the genes a "vulnerability" and the later things the causes. For example, there are probably genes that make some people more vulnerable than others to catching a cold. But usually we think of the virus as causing the cold, not the genes.

Or how about this as a possible factor: we are born with both masculine and feminine tendencies. But we are now subject to an increasingly stressful social "system" and exploitive, oppressive government. We are taxed to a degree that could not even have been contemplated, much less tolerated, in bygone ages. Higher education is increasinglly more difficult to obtain, and it's quality increasingly dubious. All these combine to suppress and deny any masculinity in the population which might threaten to rise up in challenge or assert their collective will. (I've got my soap box. Which way to Hyde Park? )

Or what of this statement which I read somewhere: Men are made, not born.

Cathy
    Last edited by Cathy Anderson; 03-21-2006 at 06:41 AM.