Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hey.....GGs do wear pants, so........

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Psssst, Annabelle ...... ([SIZE="1"]Wrenchette2 is a GG[/SIZE])
    Oh. Sorry. I wasn't paying attention, was I? Please disregard my last post.

By way of excuse, I can point out that it's 5:30 AM here and I've been up for the last hour and a half. Couldn't sleep.

Annabelle

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Woah.... not my thing at all...

I'm into dudes... but not dudes that wear heels :P
    Thank God! I thought it was just me - I think they look all wrong

Banned Read only
    At one time men and women both wore garments that were not pants. I believe men, as the defenders of the village and their possessions (including their women) developed pants because they started domesticating horses and riding them. It is a lot easier riding in pants than a dress side saddled. As a kid, when girls still had to wear dresses, boys and girls bikes still reflected that difference. All the girls I know who pushed the envelope and wore pants did it because of functionality. It took along time for girls and then women to break down the existing culture and wear pants in a 'dressy' situation.

As to power- A woman wearing tasteful business attire- skirt, blouse, heels or dress and heels- holds more power than a guy in a suit jacket. Confident attractive dressed women rule over guys and female counterparts. Personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    CD dressing: Male wanting to appear Female
    For a CD...it's MORE than just clothes.
    For a GG...it's just clothes.
    Momarie, well that depends on the CDer. Many if not most MTF CDer do seem to want to appear Female. For some of us we do not want to be female. Even when I am dressed in full femme I just feel like a guy. For myself I would prefer to leave the makeup and wig at home and just go out in a mix of masculine and feminine clothes. And I have done this mix when I have been far from home those I know. It is a freeing feeling just wearing the clothes of choice and not have to worry about what people think. Yea I get some looks but I have not had any problems doing it. I think if there was not the stigma about having to adhere to the male or female standard, even within the TG community, maybe more CDers would dress somewhere in the middle or a mix of fashions.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

You, silk, are a very bad girl

Just a thought from the section of my head labelled "Really weird". I love wearing female clothes as they are wonderfully comfortable and much more varied, but due to my job, place of residence etc, walking out as a guy in female clothing would cause real issues, so I disguise myself as a female in order to wear the clothes I find so pleasant........
    Discuss?

P.S no responsibility is accepted for weird posts from this part of my brain!!

[SIZE="3"]I am so glad that most recent posts are prejudice in a way!!!![/SIZE]

And don't get me wrong, not that it bothers me nor should it, BUT...........prejudice nevertheless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, as to what I see, I have posted some pics of feminine looking guys, they look perfectly male except dressed in and fashioned hyper fem.

[SIZE="6"]So whats wrong with that?[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]NOTHING[/SIZE] except, some comments point to dislike, which is absolutely politically correct, and to tell you the truth I am not into that sort of thing either,

[SIZE="6"]BUT[/SIZE], those boys looking wrong is nothing other then any average CDer of Trans in transition looks just as awkward as those pics.

[SIZE="4"]Actually, CDers and transitioning TSs look way more awkward then those stylized fashion fem male models! [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]SO[/SIZE]........................

I just see how easy it is to be critical in respect to the look of someone else when exposed to new and funky offbeat borderline stuff!

[SIZE="3"]Just do not be surprised when someone looks and says:[/SIZE] [SIZE="6"]dude.....that's weird![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Inna; 03-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i guess as a CD i tend to favor clothes that i consider more feminine like skirts or dresses. Sure GGs where pants, slacks or jeans on a regular basis, but if I'm going to dress i am going to look for the most feminine looking clothing i can find. I mean if you're starting from such a disadvantage that's what you have to do.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post

For a GG, [SIZE="3"]and please I want some GGs here[/SIZE], clothing is esthetic but that is it, the act of clothing them selves is rather void of any message other then surely everyone wants to be presentable.

]
    Surely you jest here. clothing is --IMO--an erotic display. clothing has been so eroticized that I believe that is one of the reasons CDs have problems generally with non-acceptance from women ( a major area of cmpetition for men/women). with men, it is the opposite--it is an attractant (and therefore a problem), I believe.
    no fire breathing dragons, please, my jammies aren't flame retardant.

I'm a GG and I wear jeans...always "skinny" jeans. My mom said they called them cigarette jeans or something when she was young.

Why do I wear jeans? It has little to do with power, history, or over taking men. At one point in my life, I noticed that the trend was for girls to wear skinny jeans and boots or ballet flats. So, yeah, uh...I bought some.

That was pretty much the exact thought process. Didn't think much about what it meant for womankind...just wanted to buy some f*cking jeans because they are deemed the cool thing to wear.

I think a big difference in my dressing versus a crossdresser is that I'm not very attached to my "image" in jeans. If they were deemed unfashionable, I would toss them out. I generally like to wear what other fashionable GGs wear with my own personal twists. I don't think it's very fashionable for genetic males to wear women's clothes...but, at the same time, I don't really care one way or the other. Wear what you want to wear...let other people wear what they want to wear.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Men wear kilts in Ireland and Scotland, how does that fit in with your theory? Personally, I wear womens jeans because they fit better and look better.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyS View Post
    I think if there was not the stigma about having to adhere to the male or female standard, even within the TG community, maybe more CDers would dress somewhere in the middle or a mix of fashions.
    I totally agree with you! Most cisgenders (and transsexuals?) simply cannot wrap their minds around anyone who doesn't fit the male/female gender binary. I've read many posts in this forum over the years by CDers who say they do put on a complete femme look so they can get away with just wearing the clothes. And the TG community tries to convince them they are female (or in denial about being female) because of this.

Case in point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    I love wearing female clothes as they are wonderfully comfortable and much more varied, but due to my job, place of residence etc, walking out as a guy in female clothing would cause real issues, so I disguise myself as a female in order to wear the clothes I find so pleasant........
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    I have posted some pics of feminine looking guys, they look perfectly male except dressed in and fashioned hyper fem. ...

[SIZE="3"]BUT[/SIZE], those boys looking wrong is nothing other then any average CDer of Trans in transition looks just as awkward as those pics.

[SIZE="3"]Actually, CDers and transitioning TSs look way more awkward then those stylized fashion fem male models! [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Just do not be surprised when someone looks and says:[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]dude.....that's weird![/SIZE]
    I disagree with you. You can't compare gay looking men who wear high heels to CDers. CDers (after they've gone through the learning curve) who go out in the mainstream do not present the same conflicting image as the men whose pics you posted.

You're actually proving my point, it is not a CDer or a TS who blends in that makes people anxious, so much as a mix of gender they see in a person, such as in the pics you posted. Now if a CDer or a TS looks overly male and has not learned the skills required to blend as a female, I do see your point. People won't know what to make of them. But surely, by the time a CDer has gained enough confidence to go out, s/he has learned how to blend in? My SO has.
    Reine

I guess we both have trouble sleeping Reine Well, you are right, I have stipulated "Actually, CDers and transitioning TSs look way more awkward then those stylized fashion fem male models" but should have written Transitioning or male looking CDers and early transitioning TS.
    I suppose you are right that those super fem, heeled boys do pose a more IN YOUR FACE radical view, but there, within these images the person does not try to conceal their gender/sexual identity, where in the CDer such concealment if not mastered, reveals a deceit as seen in the observers eye, therefore the surprised and often derogatory critical view!

Nite Nite, pleasant dreams hon

It would be oh so nice if our clothing weren't gendered. It would solve a lot of problems.
    Reine

Someone made a comment about high heels being originally male, military, and to help with horse riding... I personally would not want to ride a horse in 95% of the heels I see these days!

The history of heels is a very long and old one. Personally I think they have as much with avoiding muddy streets as they have with stirrups; also many styles of stirrup were designed for flat shoes in the past. Also also, anytime I have taken riding lessons, you are doing it wrong if your heel is anywhere near the stirrup.

The modern, feminine high heel has its revolutionary origins in the 1950s, when the steel pin heel was invented... Allowing a much smaller surface area to support a much taller shoe.

One more point: everyone, go take a look at your shoes, inside and out. I can guarantee you that any quality shoe you own will have a slightly higher heel than toe, as it helps the gait and prevents some back pain.

Babeba, I've actually been on a horse while wearing heels once. Basically, I had to stomp around in gravel and muddy farmland in my good stilettos....then, on my dismount all of my heels went straight into mud. Mud all the way up the heel. I had to throw the things away because I couldn't get the smell out. I'm not sure the whole "modern heel and horsing" argument...but, I'm just saying if you are wearing heels to look "sexy," don't even bother. Save your shoes.

For the record, I didn't know I was riding horses that afternoon, or would be stomping around on a farm. I was doing a favor for a friend's farm since I worked in parasitology and just went straight from lunch to the farm. I had mentioned that my grandparents were big into showing their horses growing up, so somehow I ended up on a horse in stillettos. Never again, y'all....never again. Something tells me modern shoes never had these activities in mind. And, my shoes are cute...I don't want them to smell like farm animals. I love horses...but, I am just saying...I don't wanna smell like on in my "sexy time."
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Riding a horse in high heels in downright dangerous! Just imagine getting thrown and getting your heel caught in the stirrup - horse bolts, dragging you god knows where - disaster !

Aspiring Member
    OK just come across this thread after being away for a bit.

Totally agree that women in trousers not cross dressing. BUT women who would go bananas if their male partner insisted that they only wear skirts or trousers seem to think it is OK to impose restrictions on what their guy can wear. THAT is the double standard.

It is also a bit much to suggest that women just wear clothes. Some women would starve for a month or miss their mortgage payment for a particular dress or a pair of shoes. Why can't men feel the same way about a dress or a pair of Laboutins? If these womanly extremes of clothing longing are not sexual, why can't a man feel the same way about these things? SECOND double standard.

The point about the bra is valid. I spend most of my time at home completely dressed in womenswear including a bra and forms - all that is missing is the make up and the wig. I hate both, but I wear both when I go out in a skirt/dress. I enjoy ACTING as a woman. I don't ever think this is really me but it is good fun. It is a costume and an act.

I don't just want to act as a woman. It HAS to be a dress or skirt. As a Scot,I can wear a kilt, and sometimes do. No resemblance. I am told that I look better in a kilt than trousers and (by women) that I look better in a dress and skirt than in menswear. I add a bosom to make my outfit look better and it seems to work. I go for elegance, not femininity - frills and chiffon not me. I have a figure (with breasts) that really looks good in nice dresses and skirts/tops, and making the legs hairless and wearing heels makes my legs look even better. I don't wear women's trousers except when shopping as a man(and I also do the man in skirt thing in public). I much prefer a skirt over a kilt. Not too keen on suspenders or corsets

Admittedly I find a bra and forms comfortable. Probably not logical but I don't care. And I only wear women's underwear and nightwear.

We cross dressers cover a wide spectrum. Women should chill about it. I only act as a woman to ACT. Do unto us as you would have us do to you. Equality OK.