Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: female name

I decided to use a feminine variation of my real name John.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I am no politician (I can barely spell it, lol), but I do recognize an opportunity when I see one... I would enlist the help of your wife, and then use whatever name she suggests.

The origin of my "name" is pretty obvious I guess. It was a 5 second decision that seemed to be applicable in just about everyplace in life for me.

Of course I never use it online or in public when I am requested to fill in my personal information for no logical reason. I always do the right thing in those instances...I just give them a business card.

I said "a business card", not MY business card. I just give them one I have collected off some other store counter... Everybody is happy...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I honestly feel like that my name chose me, not the other way around. I thought about names for years, until one day I considered Vanessa. I didnt even have to think it over, it just felt so natural to me.

mine is simple its my favorite girl name Kirra and the last name is a weapon i like. For you i wouldn't pick one you will know what you want when its time. Close to your male name never something i would use thats too easy.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

My mother told me that she had expected a girl and had picked out the name, Lynn. She hadn't even considered a boy's name until after I was born. Finally, I was named Richard Lynn. I started dressing very early in my life. When I got older and wanted to pick a name, I chose Lynn Richards. I suppose, in a way, the name was given to me at birth.

I picked my name in an immensely stupid way but I really enjoy it. My male first name is Daniel so at least some of the letters are the same. I tried others to find what fit until the I came across Delila and it felt like it fit. Whatever you chose for yourself is what you should feel. Welcome Billie Jean!
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    My wife saw me dressed and said I look like a Carroll
    Did she think that Christmas had come all over again?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

My wife chose my name for me ... I love it.

Melissa x
    Melissa x

At last, the Woman in me is released .... It feels sooooo good.

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    The Dr.'s told my mother that there was a 100% chance I was a girl so my name was to be Taylor. I was born a boy and one of my mother's friend's named me Erik.

I never liked my real name; but I'm kind of stuck with it until my mom passes away (makes all the legal things easier). If I had chosen my own name, it would have been Alexander; so I took a female version of that. OTOH, you should think for a while, and pick something that you would like someone to call you, I can only suggest something that reminds you of someone pretty, so when you think of yourself, that's the image you already have in your mind. My example; every woman I've known named Lisa was young, pretty, attractive, very feminine. Every Bertha I've known was old and fat (not that all Bertha's are, mind you, but all the ones that I knew were). I think you get my drift.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Mine was easy. I was named Kimberly at birth. I guess Mom knew something was up.

Wow so many suggestions don't know where to begin, but will find out one day thanks everyone.

I've posted this many times. But here gos again. I wanted something orgianal, something I can call my own. So I took my male name David, and shortened it. I play the violin, so I added violin to it. And wa-la Daviolin was born. A lot of people struggle with the pronuonseation of it. I will try and break it down. Dav-a-lin. all short vowels. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I chose the name of a very dear friend of mine who died of cystic-fibrosis just shy of her 21st birthday.

I got mine from a stripper GF I had it was her stage name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Don't ware your brain out trying to decide. One day it will just be there. Choose mine after a girl at our local bank who is a great looker and friendly as all get out. Changed the spelling a little to spice it up. Added the 64 because of the age thing.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I've just always loved the name Maria.

If you need a suggestion: Skittles Valentine :-)

I used on of the baby name sites to choose... http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Alisa.

I found mine looking through a baby name book. I wanted a name I haven't heard in a while. It sounded cute and it stuck with me.

My loving wife picked ot my fem name.

My GF gave me my name Sasha. Someone reminded me it was a unisex name, and I thought that was kinda genius. But I grew up knowing my mom thought I was gonna be a girl, and was gonna be named Lacie.
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

Personally I don't like converting a male name to a female name. It's my quirk. When I'm me I'm not him at all and I like it that way. I needed my independence and my name choice helped in that regard.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I chose my female name when I first started with help of a very good aunt of mine,my Aunt Bobbi.Said Stephanie would be a great female name for my female side.I agreed and it has been ever since

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satin n lace View Post
    People suggest a female name but have no idea what to have myby i should ask my wife and we can figure something out do people usally go with something with there male name in someway?
    I like to thank you "satin n lace". Thanks to your thread y have decided to adopt my full name instead of a version of one of its standard nicknames. I have changed my profile name and created new yahoo/flickr/youtube accounts. I am so happy with the change it feels so much better for me.

I think when you find yours, that day will become a milestone in your CD life. If you are one of those CDs who feels a part of you is female, giving her a name, changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Personally I don't like converting a male name to a female name. It's my quirk. When I'm me I'm not him at all and I like it that way. I
    needed my independence and my name choice helped in that regard.
    I share Cheryl's dislike for feminising one's male name. In my case my female name is very different from the one given by my parents, both phonetically and how its spelled.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg View Post
    I chose my female name when I first started with help of a very good aunt of mine,my Aunt Bobbi.Said Stephanie would be a great female name for my female side.I agreed and it has been ever since
    Stephanie. You have come to this forum wearing the same outfit in your avatar as our friend "satin n lace". Don't you know that us ladies hate turning up to a party only to find someone else is wearingour dress? LOL
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female