Thread: Sharing?

Sharing?

This sounds like a bit of an odd quetion but i jut wondered if there are any gg out there who feel or have felt the same

julia and i have a "friend" who is one of the only people that know about julia

i confided in her for someone to talk to and she has been round while julia was visiting, however now i feel that she is mussling in on something that is just something julia and i share as husband and wife.

Julia is not something that my hubby and i talk about all the time but this friend feels that she has to mention in one way or another when ever she is with us

She makes me feel like i should be more ok with it even though julia and i are happy with things as they are at the moment

How can i tell her to back off a bit or am i being unreasonable?

Cheers

Kelly

Aspiring Member
    Kelly,

Its hard to advise without knowing your friend. My partner and I have a friend who knows and she never mentions it partly because she recognises that my partner wouldn't be totally comfortable - and I guess neither would I in most circumstances.

Sometimes people don't know quite how to deal with this sort of personal information - to be quite open about it - to let you know they don't disapprove and that they are quite matter of fact about it and not uncomfortable with it.

Or keep quiet about it unless it is raised in conversation by you.

I guess you have to judge whether her comments are unwarranted, unhelpful or gratuitous.

Fiona xx

just one of the gurls
    Hi Kelly, My wife and I have had the same problem--somewhat. Of course my wife feels that this thing should be kept strictly between us, whereas I am at a point where I would like to get to know someone else like me. At any rate, I/we have found that whenever the subject is brought up we simply steer the conversation away from it...continuously until the other person getsa the idea that you just don't want to spend all your time talking about cding. And if they happen to be so dense or uncouth that they insist upon talking about it we have used the direct approach and simply told them that we do have other interests. And when they have pushed the matter beyond our tolerance level we simply do not invite them back over and never seem to have enough free time to visit them. a subtle approach, but it works for us.