Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never realized...

just one of the gurls

I never realized...

I never realized how many mechanics/auto technicians are crossdressers!!! Is there something about the trade that drives us to dress??? no pun intended

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferluv
    Is there something about the trade that drives us to dress??? no pun intended
    Oh very good

I remember reading an article somewhere that stated quite a large preportion of TG and CD's were to be found within the armed forces as they tried to "be a man" before finally giving in to the enevitable. Could this be a factor ?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliaSmith
    Oh very good

I remember reading an article somewhere that stated quite a large preportion of TG and CD's were to be found within the armed forces as they tried to "be a man" before finally giving in to the enevitable. Could this be a factor ?
    That's why I got married, had kids etc. I was trying to live life as was expected of me, and I didn't know how to do anything about SRS.

Anne

You know it is funny, I might not actually be a technician or mechanic but I do all my own work to my car and usually do it for my friends too... hmmm...
    "How can you find your fortune if you can not find yourself"

God bless you mechanics

Hey Ladies,

Not me, I can't stand to get my little pinkies dirty, besides every time I try to repair my vehicles, I have to take it to one of you guys to undo all the things I FIXED.

But I can design you a nice logo, or fix your PC when it goes whacko.

Ricki B
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

Don't know if it has anything to do with CDing but was always interested in how things worked and took them apart and put them back together again. Most of the time they still worked when I was done.

I have always made my living as a mechanic, for what it is worth.
    Hugs Krystal.
    What does not kill us only makes us stranger!!!

I am an autobody tech by trade, so maybe it's the finesse and fine-tuning of a nice paint job that also carries over into my crossdressing. I like to make myself up perfectly.
    I LOVE BEING A CD!

Banned Read only
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JuliaSmith
    Oh very good

Quote Originally Posted by Anne_0
    That's why I got married, had kids etc. I was trying to live life as was expected of me, and I didn't know how to do anything about SRS.

Anne
    Ditto and Ditto. Wasted half my life trying to get rid of the person i am. Its all good now.

Lightbulb

Julie M. (er, Julie Marie now) posted something a while back stating that countries that have a higher prevalence of male dominance also, interestingly enough, have a higher prevalence of gays and crossdressers as well. Maybe this plays into either:

a) tradesmen as a subculture (since they're more "manly" and deal with equally "manly" individuals).

b) certain geographical areas, since if you live in a more rural community, you are more likely to "do it yourself" and be expected to do it yourself (and be taught by "manly" fathers to do it yourself), as opposed to urban areas where people just take it to a mechanic. Might also explain the prevalence of conservative types in the crossdressing community, since statistically speaking I think rural areas are more conservative, and big cities have a tendency to be more liberal.

c) I have a midpoint theory (starting a new thread on the topic after this)

d) all of the above in different parts (most likely)
    "If there's trouble, all us freaks have is each other" ~ Abe Sapien, Hellboy

From the Waist Down Rainbow6562005's Avatar

A possible explanation

I find that Julia's speculation resonates most.

I suspect that people who hate themselves the most for having any "feminine" side will tend to find others whose attitudes are like theirs, in
    their work and non-work relationships. They will tend, then, to have the most "manly" of jobs.

Rainbow
    Who's going to decide how you live: your parents? wife/husband? teachers? priests? politicians?

Tristen Cox
    I never realized how many mechanics/auto technicians are crossdressers!!! Is there something about the trade that drives us to dress??? no pun intended
    "NOT" Professional but I have worked 'off the books' on cars since I was fifteen and can do just about anything. Now I don't believe mechanics have much to do with crossdressing, but collecting tools sure as hell does It's like that dress you JUST CAN NOT LEAVE WITHOUT(that you really don't need, you just want it ) I see a cool tool or something I might need(someday, maybe) it's just so own3d!

Tool shopping and crossdressing, what a title

Exclamation Which came first ?

This thread sort of echos the old chicken vs. egg question - truth is there is a well documented tendency for MTF transwomen to have choosen a really "macho" profession as a guy - almost entirely as an attempt to "fit in" and "make a man " of themselves. I suspect that the subconsious need to be femme and the resultant tendency toward denial is the root cause. This is likely the case for C/D's as well. In my case it was being a shop teacher for a number of years - in retrospect a case of denial and trying to compensate in the other direction. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing ? It's always 20/20.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

Dazed and Confused Amanda Leigh's Avatar
    You should see how many crossdressers are in the army......

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Leigh
    You should see how many crossdressers are in the army......
    You can't they're wearing camouflage

doubt she'd go unoticed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Platinum Member
    me cars ,trucks , auto boady if it's mechinical i can fix it or make it out of anything ....

The first time the ratchet slips and my knuckles ram into something, the hood gets closed, and it's off to the shop. I don't mind trying a little do it yourself. I was in commercial construction for years, so I can be handy if motivated. But I have little patience for the car thing. I'll gladly pay to get it done.

Hugs,

Melissa

body men

when we statred this profession who knew where it was going
    we just have and eye for beauty and and love the way the smooth skin of an auto feels all cleen and detailed
    jamie

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i was a cd long b4 i desided to be a mechanic

I'm in the military, and I also love to work on my own cars. I did not join the military to reenforce my male ego its just a job to me, better then what was available when I graduated high school 15 yrs ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

drag racing is my second passion next to CDing, so I spend alot of time under the hood of my mustang
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I applied to join the army but was refused entry because of my stammer

I do all my own work on my cars, have a nice roll cab and top box full of shiny pretty tools, and yes i clean them all after they are used, and they all go back in the places where they took from.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar

I read where a disproportionate number or CDers are guys who wear UNIFORMS in their job like soldiers, mailmen, policemen and firemen.---Stereotypically MALE occupations. mechanics, and Scientists (like me) also fit the description.

Along with other information I have, Most of these guys CD to temporally "escape" form the pressures and stresses of manhood.---Like taking a mini vacation from themselves--if only for a few hours.---They dont HATE their male selves Indeed, they consider their male self their "real self", but just need to get away from it for a while at times.

Note that this is an identity and not sex based thing. Indeed at least 80% of CDing is identity based ---About half of this group (Identity) are "Escapists" as described above, and the other half are "Transsexuals",(male body female mind) an exact oppsite condition ,where one CD's to get TO their FEMALE self---and think as their fem self as the real self.

Most remaining CDing is sexually connected as in fetishes and SM humiliation

It seems that a lot of guys especially in steriotypicaly "guy jobs" build up a lot of stress based on what is expected of them in a male role., and need an "outlet" to de-stress. For many, CDing, temporally and symbolically becoming a "non-male" for a while, tends to work.

there is also alot of dressers in the engineering field, which i am and i tend to also work on my car, as well as friends cars

I joined the army to be a mechanic. Did my 3 years and got out and went into the building trades. Did that a number of years and became a truck driver. Now I'm back in the trades again. But this time it's because I'm self employed at something I know and can work my own schedule. Leaves me plenty of time to play.
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.