Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing-Private or Public?

Smile

Dressing out of doors.... My own safety means nothing but the public must be protected. I think what it comes down to is, I know my limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyd
    just private dressing here
    someday... perhaps someday... but for now i'll stay in the closet
    I'm with Sammyd....for right now.
    I hope to someday go out fully dressed.
    I'm just getting my groove thing on again after 5 years of being a guy full time....so baby steps for this girl.

Dawn
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

JoannaDees
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayme
    Dressing out of doors.... My own safety means nothing but the public must be protected. I think what it comes down to is, I know my limitations.
    Ha, Ha! Berry punny.

This thread kind of ties into some of my feelings the last week or so. I am again dressing, staying at home, and this time the feelings of isolation and futility are setting in so soon. That's what drove me away and not so nice many months ago. So it appears I need to go out. A late night/early morning walk in the darkness is not enough, I've done that a few times. What is enough? And I feel wasteful, living in the Bay Area CA, the "TG Mecca" according to Rachel Ann, as opposed to some of the more isolated and conservative places many of you reside.

Joanna

I'm private for sure. I'm neck-down. I would not really want to pass, since I like to wear clothes that would be considered ****ty if not indecent.

Thankful To Be A GIRL!!! tgirlkari's Avatar
    I used to stay at home all caged up from the rest of the world when I would dress but that was a long time ago.
    When I started giong out dressed it was a liberating feeling that I didn't have to hide I could be free to be me no matter how I was dressed partially to fully crossdressed but I don't think its a matter of showing off or flaunting anything I think the thrill feeling for me at least is the exhilerating feeling of freedom!
    life with love will have some thorns but life without love will have no roses
    Live happy girls
    Kari

I dress in private. I only get fully dressed at home but I almost always have some article of feminine clothes on, usually panties.
    Warm Regards,
    Elysia

I enjoy public and private. When at home I love to get dressed and then do chores like cleaning or laundry. I get a huge thrill everytime I pass a mirror and see myself carring a basket of laundry or whatever I'm doing while dressed. Its not private nor is it really going out...but also while at home dressed if I have time I log on to yahoo and do the Chat/Cam thing in a CD chat room.

I'm a fairly new crossdresser but I have been bar hopping twice as a CD. That was a huge thrill....I really enjoyed it.

Both, well sort of

I have never been out dressed, yet as I'm still building my gear up, I need a wig makeup etc, but I am starting to dress a bit more girly even when I’m in male mode, girls shoes/boots/trainers, sometimes panties and socks/tights too. I have recently started to wear pink nail varnish one my toenails too. I have a pair of jeans that I'm going to start wearing too, I guess I'm a bit of a Tom Girl (if that’s the right way of putting it) as a male, but I also can't wait to get everything sorted and start dressing fully for Saturday nights weekends away etc.
    I guess being out to my parents make this easier but they both hate that fact that I’m a CD (no emotional support on the subject from either of them). My mum though I was gay at first, I told her I’m not (Dunno if she believes me), why do people most people seem to think that CD’s TV’s what ever you want to label us as are gay, beats me??!!
    I love dressing up and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Michelle xxx

I go out dressed often. I usually put on full make up and wig about three days a week. It does take practise to be able to do a good job and the extra shaving and lotions does take a lot of time most guy guys don't have to worry about. But I have found my friends very accepting and many who have heard of my crossdressing but never seen me dressed are looking forward to the day they see me. I accept friends and visitors in my home, visit other friends homes and run errands and go out for occasional drinks dressed en femme. I don't know if I pass, but that is not really the point. Glenda is a real part (not all) of me and if someone has a problem with it then it is their problem, not mine. By the way, most comments I receive are very complimentary. Others say it must take a lot of self confidence to be able to be open and honest about my feminine side. Confidence helps a lot and who doesn't like to be told, "My you look so good, or beautiful or natural."?

Semi Sane innocent angel
    For me I go out , hang with the girls, go for night of dancing. I find my self going any were from 4 -12 times a month. Drssing at home is boring. vI dont dress for sexual excitement or for the thrill of it , I dress cause I feel thats who I am. Some time I wish I could just shed this boy shell

Tristen Cox
    Private. I'm a private person really. Even if I am out somewhere I prefer the company of nature, not humans.

I also only dress in private. I would love to go out dressed but don't want to do it alone.

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    I am always dressed when at home and do go out quite a bit, at least once or twice a week, but then I don't really get out that much in general. I can usually pass, but occasionally draw flies, To me passing hardly seems to be the point, I feel I'm expressing my true self and THIS IS S'POSED TO BE FUN!!!. Certainly none of us ever asked for this blessing, BUT it is who we all are, might as well ENJOY IT (as best suits each individual). And Stephanie, Darling I live close (in Cincy), when the time is right for you, feel free to contact me, I'd consider it an honor to accompany you on your Maiden Voyage, do call,

Wink

Knowing that I'm a Girl at heart really helps me. I'm so much happier now that I've accepted my girly side. I still have alot of things to do before I go out dressed as a girl. Right now I'm still learning how to do my makeup and buying lingerie. My goal for the year is to go out en femme.
    Hugs
    Mia Lynn

I dress primarily at home. I have been out in public fully dressed a few times, and I always dress for Tri-Ess meetings (which I'm not able to do anymore, as my chapter is 200 miles away...). The times I have been out I felt so free and wonderful. I know on one occasion around several other people --- complete strangers --- I think I passed OK, as no one indicated I had been read. I know for sure my girdle helped me there, in forcing me to walk in a ladylike manner. I had 3 inch heels on at the time --- I guess all the practice at home helped!! To me it is very important to pass when I go out.

Junior Member MelissaAndProudOfIt's Avatar

Smile Comforting thought... Ponder this.

It's strikes me as very odd these people who feel that because they hold high status jobs are worried that their crossdressing if revealed would do them harm. Here's a thought what do all these people have in common:

Judges, Vicar's, politicians, policemen, soldiers etc...

They are all human like me and you.

They all do exactly like me and you.

They have private lives like me and you

Some xdress like me and you

Loads advertise on sites crossdressed, like me and you

Loads these days go out in public like me and most of you.

I have met a policeman I know, crossdressed in town.. He's a great guy.. real pleasant character.. living his life.. like me and you... But he's going out dressed... as he says, one day he will be too old, so while he's younger he will indulge in his crossdressing. He said after all i am only human.

It's fastenating to know that avast multitude of transgendered people are actually more intellectual, than non transgendered counterparts. As loads actually hold down very prominent careers in very high positions, high stress jobs. At the end of the day some like to relax and indulge in crossdressing for their own reasons. Some have exactly the same reasons as us. So the next time you see a crossdresser in town in the daytime or night... just think he could actually be a policeman off duty, or a bank manager... you never know.

Regards

Melissa

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaAndProudOfIt
    It's strikes me as very odd these people who feel that because they hold high status jobs are worried that their crossdressing if revealed would do them harm. Here's a thought what do all these people have in common:

Judges, Vicar's, politicians, policemen, soldiers etc...
    Well, whenever I worked at any company and they found out I was a crossdressor through gossip or spying on me I never lasted long. And my career has been ruined by people knowing that I crossdress. As for going out in public - I would never do this in drag except maybe Halloween. So my crossdressing is mostly private and for me only.

I'm a mechanical engineer / technical writer.

Aspiring Member
    I have always had the need to present as a female in public and it dates back to my mid teen years. I used to go out dressed in my mother's clothes with a scarf on my head. When I think back I'm sure I looked totally bizarre but I thought I was really good.

I can't think of any period in my TG life when I was content just to dress in private. Going out dressed is really emotionally satisfying and sometimes thrilling. However you would think that by now I would have developed to the stage where I was confidently interacting with all and sundry - but that is not the case. Confidence is a fragile thing.

Fiona xx
    Last edited by FionaAlexis; 07-15-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Ive been CDing to various degrees since I was 13, but i have NEVER gone out--Even on Halloween, in drag---Untill LAST Halloween (2004)

What prompted me was the need to really top the previous year's(2003) costume at our adult sunday school halloween party. A man and his wife, who actually own the local newspaper, arrived dressed as "cave men" wearing only skins thrown over them and dragging clubs. It was a hoot :-) by 2003 I had lost my 'inspiration" and could only manage a rubber skull mask. Then and there I promised myself I would do something for the next party that would blow them out of the water.

Of course I though "come dressed as a woman"---THAt would certianly do it, but NO WAY--I concider my CD, a private habbit and STILL do---It wasnt till a month or two later that I was strck by an inspiration---Do a GYPSY FORTUNE TELLER! I couldnt stop laughing for several minutes. I did some research on the web to get the stereotype right, and dressed up for a test run.----AMAZING, i was totally unrecognizable, and I looked REAL--The costume was so COOL that i HAD to do it--even if it was a "FEMALE" character.

Actually it was perfect, I got to wear exotic makeup, the shawls hide my "unladylike" aspects of my body build, and it really was a "Character" with a Halloween theme--and not "A woman" as such--so I could psychologically handle being seen in public.

Nedless to say I was a hit (even though I was recgnized)---Its a good way to meet ladies by the way ;-) they all wanted me to "read their fortunes". I won the costume contest too.

THAT was the only time I went out in public in a dress---And I cant see myself doing it any time in the future (unless asked to) I have been, and still am happy to stay at home when I CD.

Marina Twelve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle moxon
    I guess being out to my parents make this easier but they both hate that fact that I’m a CD (no emotional support on the subject from either of them). My mum though I was gay at first, I told her I’m not (Dunno if she believes me), why do people most people seem to think that CD’s TV’s what ever you want to label us as are gay, beats me??!!

Michelle xxx
    That is one of MY personal pet peeves. I am of the opinion that many, if not MOST people don't have a clear idea of what "gay" (Homosexual) means. Most seem to think its "A man who wants to be a woman"---or have a vague idea that it has to do with a guy lacking some subjective, elusive quality of "manhood". --- and oh yeah, some of them have sex with other men. I try to get through to these knuckleheads that the LATTER is the determinant factor of homosexuality, and how one dresses or what skills he has or lacks has NOTHING AT ALL to do with it.

Ive always kept my CD tendancys secret, but have STILL been called "gay" because I am a good artist, read books and am not all that great at sports---And I see it happen to others too--People THAT stupid make me want to litterally ring their ignorant knecks :mad: So you may see a lot of my rants on these matters posted here.

At one time I thought I could only dream of going out en fem, but help from more experienced friends that I met on line made that dream come true, my first outing put me on such a high it lasted a whole month, after that I was like a drug addict, I couldn’t wait for my next fix. Dressing at home became less and less till the point now I don’t dress at home unless I am going out.

I owe my freedom to two girls who coaxed me out of the closet, took me under their wing, and installed confidence in me.
    Last edited by Cindy K; 07-21-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie1
    I was kind of curious about how everybody enjoys their crossdressing, specifically is it satisfying enough for most people here to dress up privately at home or do most people here feel like they have to dress in public and be able to "pass" to better enjoy their crossdressing? I have yet to actually summon up the courage to actually go out crossdressed and I used to think that it would be enough for me to just dress up at home but recently I've started thinking more and more about wanting to actually go out in public eventually. Dressing up is nice, don't get me wrong, but yet it feels somehow vaguely unsatisfying just hanging around dressed up at home, especially by myself. It may be awhile before I actually do venture out in public and I'll probably need to discuss it with my wife first but, at least to me, part of the thrill of crossdressing is being able to show oneself off and attempt to "pass" as a woman. What does everybody else think?
    well girlfriend, ya just gotta go out in da public, how else are ya gonna find out if people stare,let them,if they make remarks ignore them,they are just showing how stupid they are, mainly cause they dont understand, just be yourself and youll discover the inner you and it will feel great, I go out all the time dressed as GeeGee, my gg friends enjoy going shopping with me cause we shop in the same stores, you know victorias secrete, fredricks of holloywood and son , dont be afraid just do it. luv,kisses.hugs,GEEGEE2

take agood look your no that bad

Quote Originally Posted by WandaXO
    It would have to be in private, with or without someone else. Apart from the fact that I couldn't pass as female (especially from the neck up), even in a darkened room, I don't think I could ever get the confidence to go out in public. I'd probably end up making a fool of myself by spraining my ankle in my 6 inch high-heels! Besides, I can just see the looks on the faces of some of my Neanderthal neighbours, as I wobble out the front gate in my favourite 'Little Black Number" !!
    yes dear take a good look your not that bad you should see me ha ha,its what you feel inside, does it make you feel good? if it does then do it aand go out you will never know until you try it luv kisses hugs GEEGEE2

from one who found out

the first itme I went out I had my gg friends with me now I go alone, if people stare I ask if they want my autograph and do you want to take pictures, and they usally respond with Im sorry, but I dont let them dicourage me from being who I want to be GEEGEE, god people in this world are so stupid and naieve whatevere they dont understand they are afraid of to all you girls get out and go for it just be youselves and enjoy life to the fullest
    my fsavorite sayig is anyone can pretend to be a woman but try being a girl first,I love being a girl cause of all the fun I have love to all of you cders
    luv,kisses, hugs GEEGEE2

just one of the gurls
    Absolutely, i want to go out dressed...and soon.. my wife is not so enthused about it tho. but, then, she at least doesn't make faces when i mention it either!!