Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The pros and cons of height

6'2" 185 in bare hose........I use to try an hide it when out and about as Sandy, but now I just go with the flow. Lifes good!

SandyR
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

Im 5/10 taller than most women I always where flat shoes in public
    in male mode I feel that more guys are shorter than me than taller
    One of my SO s friends is the same height as me and looks like me when
    I am dressed same hair style and build it gives me confidence when I see her

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    At 5'6" I used to hate being short as a male. It was especially a big disadvantage when playing sports. However I've learned to appreciate it now and consider it an advantage while being en-femme. If I didn't have big bulky shoulders and arms everything would be perfect.

I'm 5'5 in bare feet. I used to hate being small. As a kid, I got picked on a lot. Now I love my size and wouldn't trade it at all.

I 5' 7'' and a womans size 12=14 works for me
    Angie

At 5' 4" tall is was born for crossdressing! But my feet are a big 9.5 M. I seriously thought about being a pro basketball player and I monitored my height growth but it stopped freshman year HS so I gave up on the dream. At least I can fit both the petite and regular sizes! As long as I keep near 145 lbs I can wear a size 4 and share all of my clothes with a woman my height. Britney Spears is also 5' 4" size 6 - so she'd be perfect for me!

Girls just wanna have fun heidi99's Avatar
    I, too, am 6'2". I haven't been out that much, but I do feel a little self-concious about my height sometimes. Think Lurch's famous line, "You rang?" But I try and be a far sight prettier than Lurch.
    Heidi99

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar
    I'm about 5'10 1/2", I think I'm shrinking. I used to be 5 11. It doesn't bother me to be out in 3 inch heels. I have noticed GG's taller than me, so it really doesn't matter in the least.
    Lisa Renee

I have always been very happy with being 5'6" & 130 lbs. I am a size 7m shoe and am 36/28/36! (I just have to keep track of the weight ) but this has made me very good at anything I have ever pursued, both in guy mode and in girl mode!
    Last edited by Marvina Martian; 01-30-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    5' 10" and 155 lbs. Look just like the avatar rite now. Will drop to 145 by summer, so Sherry can model swim suits. Size 8 to 12. No problem finding clothes that fit.
    RS
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    As a man (yuck), advantage.....6'5" tall, 230 lbs.
    As a woman, DISADVANTAGE....6'5" tall, 230 lbs.

To be honest, I have to say that I'm very jealous of all of you girls that are shorter than 6 ft & thin. I've always wished that I was in the same group so that clothes were easier to find and make it easier to pass in public. With my height, weight, and large hands conspiring against me, I don't feel comfortable going out en femme (unless it's around Halloween time....then people will assume I'm going to/coming home from a costume party). Otherwise I stay home.

Exclamation

well since im 5'11 i have no trouble unless the screen is above me and i have to tilt my head up to view. but im 190lbs and i have to find things to wear that are in hte womens sizes. i wear a 9.5w in shoes (both genders), in my boots i got at goodwill, they make me just over 6' tall. if i have to bend down i have to becareful because my right knee hurts when i do that, squat, sit on them, gets banged, someone sits on it or when it gets really cold due to me dislocating it in 95. but other than that i have no trouble.
    [SIZE=2]im sunshine[/SIZE]

Height

im 6.1 without heels. 145ish in wait,, size 2 in jeans, small in some things, medium in others, size 10.5 to 11 in heels. gotta love long thin legs !

advantages of being 6'5" tall: Um...I can reach stuff that's high....

disadvantages: the world isn't built for people above 6'2", so take your pick.

I suppose being gawked at by anyone and everyone (especially kids) is an advantage since I'm used to it. When I step out in heels and reach 6'8" I'm not as self-conscious as I would otherwise be. lol, if only I started drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes when I was a child!

Banned Read only
    I'm 5'9". I used to be almost 5'11".
    I'm shrinking. Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Seriously, I'm told that height decrease can be a part of the natural ageing process. I suppose the only disadvantage would be that my skirts would appear to get longer with the passage of time.

Aside from having to help everyone at the grocery store reach the top shelf, i love being tall, 6'3" 180lbs. Oh and i have many ford mustangs over the years and i always have to relocate the seat back a couple inches so its comfortable to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayna View Post
    if only I started drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes when I was a child!
    Been drinking coffee since i was 5-6 with my G-mom at lunch and dinner, and i have been smoking since (this is terrible)11, i cant say if it really effected my growth but if it did I'm kinda glad cause if i was taller then this i think day to day things would be a bit more difficult.
    "So I like what I see when I'm looking at me
    When I'm walking past the mirror" MJB, Just Fine
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I'm 5'6" in my stockinged feet.
    In my world you're a GIANT. I'm 5' 3" which is great if you're a woman.....not so great, if you're a man. I never really notice how short I am until I see myself in a photo with other people, most who tower over me.

Paranoia rules Christina Louise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie909 View Post
    ...I'm 5' 3" which is great if you're a woman...
    You wear the heels, I'll wear the flats, we'd make a good team
    Last edited by Christina Louise; 01-31-2008 at 05:25 AM.
    "In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them."

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    At 6' 4" w/o my usual heels, I cope very well. Not much I can do but flaunt it. I'm easy to find in a crowd. I don't need to keep look for my friends - they find me - everyone gravitates towards me. This is great cause I like the extra attention I get.

People remember me & my name. I've walk up to many a stranger (in the NYC club scene) and been greeted with "you're Genifer, aren't you?" When it comes to getting into the clubs, I often get noticed faster and therefore get in sooner.

The cheap seats in back suite me fine. I can always see the stage.

Made lots of friends in the "Tall Club". Look it up, there really is one. Plently of leg to show off. Just about everything's a mni skirt.

How many Genifer's does it take to change a light bulb? Just one and she doesn't need a stool.

I can't swim but I'm unlikely to drown in most pools which only go up to 6 ft deep. I could go on.

On the down side, I am looking to increase the height of 3 standard size doorways in my house. Also I often have to alter my clothes to fit better. Nothing I can't deal with.

I am 6'2" in my stocking soles.

I do not worry, there is not much I can do about it, is there.........

Thought everyone like big tall sexy girls anyways..........

Xx Vicky xX

IME men love tall women - it's the other women that have the problem? My other half was 5'10" and was bullied mercilessly at an all-girl school.. But being tall means you can't not be noticed - so, you might as well use it?

Every attribute can be a strength or a weakness, depending on how you approach it? (I'm 6'3" & 200lbs, btw.)
    Last edited by Nicki B; 01-31-2008 at 08:41 AM.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    At 6' 4" w/o my usual heels, I cope very well. Not much I can do but flaunt it. I'm easy to find in a crowd. I don't need to keep look for my friends - they find me - everyone gravitates towards me. This is great cause I like the extra attention I get.

People remember me & my name. I've walk up to many a stranger (in the NYC club scene) and been greeted with "you're Genifer, aren't you?" When it comes to getting into the clubs, I often get noticed faster and therefore get in sooner.

The cheap seats in back suite me fine. I can always see the stage.

Made lots of friends in the "Tall Club". Look it up, there really is one. Plently of leg to show off. Just about everything's a mni skirt.

How many Genifer's does it take to change a light bulb? Just one and she doesn't need a stool.

I can't swim but I'm unlikely to drown in most pools which only go up to 6 ft deep. I could go on.

On the down side, I am looking to increase the height of 3 standard size doorways in my house. Also I often have to alter my clothes to fit better. Nothing I can't deal with.
    Genifer,

You're only an inch shorter than I am, but you tower over me with your confidence. I admire you greatly !

Alana

I am 6', 185 pounds, size 11 or 12 womens shoe. My problem is that I am built like a linebacker. Most of my weight is above the waist with narrow hips and small butt. I don't carry any excess weight, but my figure is definately not feminine. Too much working out in my younger days.... I wear a size 18 tall top and size 12 bottom.

Can you say amazon woman?
    SamiLiving in feminine bliss

I'm 5'8 1/2" tall. I still weigh 199 but am trying to lose weight. I wear a size 16 in misses. I lifted too much and don't lift now, so most of the weight is muscle and not fat. I have a small belly now since I lost 25 pounds recently. Going for 25 more. That will put me in size 13/14 for sure and a 38 bra. Then, I can shop misses or juniors. Also, I don't have slim guy hips, mine are wider with the booty-thing too. That definitely helps. I never needed padding, even when young. I guess my frame is medium. I'm not lithe, and I'm not a jock. For heels, I usually use 3 inch. Four seems too uncomfortable, and two is for grannies!

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Try 6'6''!! thats with or without my pantyhose on! I am slim!

In male mode its great, took alot of teasing when younger but now handle it and it has many advantages. Its really a challange when being Samantha. Clothing is a challange but probably an advantage as it limits me going out and buying too much! Generally I will have to modify outfits to make them work. As for shoes - thats a battle trying to find something that fits with a 1'' heel of flat sole but also has some style --- help!!

The buggest difficulty I suffer is giong out enfemme. I have done it once and got many stares and that can hurt. I dream of just being able to go out and jsut be one of the girls - I am even prepared to travel anywhere in the world just to enjoy/experience that. So if anyone of you know a place where a 6'6 stunner can go out clubbing and have a great eveing without tooo many stares please let me know!
    Desparate but loving my lady self
    Sam