I'm at the stage of life where I occasionally think about moving. The move would be less geographical and more situational. Like moving to a senior living facility. I just looked at one recently and the floor plan presented was a single bedroom. I haven't been in a living space that small since getting married over 45 years ago.

At that time, my stash would have almost fit into a manila envelope. Now, if I had a printed inventory, the inventory itself wouldn't fit into a manila envelope. Most of my current supply of girl stuff is hidden in plain site, but behind the closed door of my office. Plus a fully-filled 5x5 storage unit. My marital relationship is DADT. My wife thinks that my office is filled with archives and reports from my 50-year working life. It looks like a major purge would be in my future. I'm not sure that I could survive a major purge.

Could I even wear a dress in the common areas at a senior living center. I guess I could be this "eccentric old man". What about if/when I would need help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), like getting myself dressed.

My wife has this expression, "That's why they say that getting old isn't for sissies." She means "sissies" in the more conventional interpretation, but it could be a double entendre.