Windy City is beckoning me soon. I will be there for one night (afternoon - night - afternoon)before traveling further west. I am trying to plan my time there when I'll be by myself. I am also planning to fly pretty, not dress pretty, but may be business casuals. I hear Michigan Ave is a nice place to be in the evening and I'm thinking of walking along the Riverwalk in the morning. I would really like to experience dine-in experience at a decent restaurant that is friendly and accepting. Suggestions and advice from your own experiences in the city would be so welcoming. One thing I always struggle with is getting photos taken while out and about. I sometimes ask strangers and they often oblige but I hesitate to ask each time. It would be so much easier with a companion, I think.

I was contemplating taking the blue line from the airport but it might not be convenient with more luggage since Prazia always needs an additional luggage. How much does a cab or a shared ride go for from the airport to downtown?