Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No interest in "passing"

In my younger days I felt that I might pass except for the fact that I am 6'3" tall. As I get older I have taken on a more masculine look and I am not confident to go out enfemme.

StephaniE

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Does this not all depend on your ideas, and goals on passing. Ie a guy that dresses up and at a 1000 yards in the dark from the back, if he is mistaken for a woman, then that is passing. if your talking about close quarter combat at arms length with members of the general public, then thats a totally different form of passing and that takes years of Practice, money (to buy suitable outfits, wigs and accessories) and loads of confidence.

It doesn't really matter if you dress, and want to pass, or just do your own thing, the most important thing is being happy with you ability, and if your not, you need to move your goal. As there are many woman out there that look manly, many are taller that six foot, and woman come in small tall fat thin and ugly! The same as there are many TV that pass Daily in public, and there not all size 10, and under 5 foot eight!

Passing (IMHO) is something anybody can do, the level to which people can pass at, is another totally different matter?
    Last edited by Tracy_Victoria; 09-17-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

I would rather go out enfemme and present my male self in a feminine clothing and not wear a wig and little to no makeup. But I have a wife and kids, and we live in a small town. A TG friend in a near by town came out and I know what happened there and it was not pretty. I to not want to put my family through that. And I would like to continue to provide for my family. As my wife and I have discussed it is best if I would always go out either presenting my male self or as my feminine self in a view that is acceptable by society and this small town. It is a compromise I can easily live with. But when I am away from home, way way away from home, and away from those that know me I do push the envelope at times with a more middle of the road, guy in femme clothes looks. And I have had no problems being out like that.

kim
    joe in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    For me I don't give a damn about passing. I care about enjoying my venture to the fullest, wearing clothing that I want to wear, and portraying my favourite assests - sexy legs, taste of style, making people smile, and my friendly attitude. I don't give 2 bits if people see me as a male or female as long as I'm content with my dressing, I'd have accomplished my goal of crossdressing.

Have no desire to pass. The agreement with my is, I can do what ever I want as long as I do not go out in public.

I just want to enjoy wearing the cloths I like to wear. For me, spending so much energy trying to make my very male body "pass" would take away from the enjoyment of just being comfortable in my being.

Certainly, I try to dress appropiately, so as not to draw too much attention, but I would far rather others give me a pass (being accepting) than to try to "pass".
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Since I don't currently go out enfemme, this is only my opinion. If and when the time comes for me to go out, I would like to pass, mainly, mainly just to avoid the hassle. I don't really care what any strangers might think, but I wouldn't want to have a confrontation about it. I am a man who enjoys wearing female clothing, and if someday I choose to do it in public, I would like it to be uneventfull, that is for everyone but me.

Passing?
    Nice idea, but as long as i can go out when i feel like it without attracting attention i,ll be happy.
    Most of the time i,m quite content to stay indoors while i,m dressed up, because although i,ve been out a few times without anyone saying anything or pointing at me, i,m still very aware of what i really am....
    A guy dressed up!!

Much as i,d like to be the real thing, i never will be!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Great post Tammi

Quote Originally Posted by TammiTN View Post
    Define "passing". To me that term implies that all observers in all situations believe you are a GG. Probably less than 10% of us can achieve that. So my goal, rather than passing, is acceptance through looking and acting as femme as I can knowing that I will be read more often than not, at least up close. In other words, I don't care if I'm read as long as the reader accepts me in my presentation as a lady and treats me accordingly.
    This is how I view "passing". I don't dress in skirts and dresses but otherwise present as a guy, but I do like to blurr the lines of gender expression and dress androgynously sometimes as a "girly boy". That's mostly because outside of work I never do "guy-guy" ... only "girly guy". However, IMHO you can't beat fully en femme!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

For me it's not about "passing" or trying to appear female. It's about having more choices in clothing and other personal adornment. But I'm a very shy person and don't like to be the center of attention (or even the off-center of attention! ). So for me the ideal would be to be treated the same as I am currently when I'm in drab.
    Whatever I'm wearing I'm just me so I don't expect or necessarily want to be referred to by a female name or female pronouns (although I'm comfortable enough with who I am that it wouldn't bother me if someone did by mistake).

That's just me. Live and let live and to each their own.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

A question of focus/goal

My goal is for Tina to know who she is, be comfortable with herself, and to be a much a part of the feminine gender as possible. That includes not only all the physical clues, but the pyschological ones as well including thought patterns and organizational patterns. Tina really wants to know how my wife thinks, from the inside. I truly believe that I understand her so much better since Tina has arrived! My wife even asks opinions of Tina about things that my male self has already expounded. That's how separate we are becoming, and once we really feel comfortable that Tina really flows as a woman, I'm not sure if I will really care much about what anyone else thinks (barring making sure I'm physically safe from abuse).

I guess that's what everyone has been saying about accepting yourself, being yourself, and knowing yourself. I just wish it weren't such hard work!!!

tina

I never try to pass. I dont wear a wig or makeup, just love the girls clothes. My wife is quite understanding and accepting in that I can wear what I like as long as I don't go ut in public or alert the neighbors.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I have a theory about "passing".

I believe if EVERY CD could appear to be an attractive GG, and also NOT be recognised by anyone who knows us, we would ALL GO OUT DRESSED!

However, the reality is that few of us can really pass. And many of us do not want to be made by someone we know, if we did go out.

That leaves the many TS/TGs that dress 24/7, and other CDs that either feel the need to go out and socialize, or feel the thrill of being out in public dressed.

For some of us, (that couldn't pass in a dark alley at midnite, and/or don't want our CDing found out for personal reasons), the desire to go out dressed may be missing! Considering all the negatives involved, I wouldn't consider going out dressed in public, unless it was a very special occasion.

Like meeting the girls in Hollywood for a wild nite on the town!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by valenstein View Post
    I wouldn't say I have NO interest, but passing doesn't mean much to me. I'll take 100 photos to get one good one I like, but that's just for my own vanity.

I have a GG friend who accepts this person in my head no matter how I'm dressed, and that is "passing" to me ten times more than any other situation I can come up with.
    i like what Ivy wrote and fully identify with this. (Sorry Ivy I am so unoriginal)

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    I think passing is overrated. Just give me simple acceptance so I can go about my daily life in peace and I'm happy. Besides, sometimes passing can lead to unimagined consequences.

I have plenty of "flaws" that give me away during the day - muscular necks/shoulders/arms, Adam's Apple, and voice among them - but being 5'4" 120 lbs gives me quite a leg up in a dark club. Last year a friend approached my wife to let her know that numerous acquaintances had been buzzing about the fact that she was having a lesbian affair. Yep, they had seen her out with Jocelyn and assumed she was sneaking around on me. Ouch! We explained the situation to those who we knew about, but it makes me wonder how many other people out there are thinking the same thing. I'd much rather they know the truth than think Tonya is having an affair.
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

I do not pass. I have been out and about sometimes wearing wig and makeup and sometimes without. I have had no bad comments from anyone and have been told by several women (age teens to 50's) that it is cool to see a male who is comfortable with whatever he is wearing.

When younger, passing was important to me.

But now, after realising that I can not fool anyone, I just dress as I please.

I only hope that anyone who goes out wears respectable clothing, and not look like a hooker.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

We're all different and all of us have different views on "passing" in pubic.
    I for one enjoy the secert of wearing panties under my drabs or getting all dolled up at home. It makes me happy to be inwardly girly. To each there own.

I'm just a guy - to be really truthful I'm more of a bloke - that just likes to wear a skirt - preferably a mini skirt. Not interested in 'passing'.

I really have no interest in passing at all. I'm more content to stay inside dressed by myself.

I don't think I would ever be able to pass being a rather large person. But I also don't consider myself asjustbeingamanin a dress. I always feel very femme dressed or not and for now I will be happy with just looking good to myself. If others don't like how I look that is their problem.

cheers
    Janet

It changed me when I realised I could never totally pass. I now just try my best - and can do pretty much anything I want. Its brilliant!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I go out quite often with the understanding that blending in the best way possible from clothing to mannerisms will stay have someone maybe seeing me for who I really am. As others mentioned about 10 percent of us can pass easily and I know that is not me but will not let this stop me
    SRS January 27

Aspiring Member
    I don't try to pass either. I took on the mindset that women don't worry about wearing pants or a plaid shirt, why should I worry? Besides I know I have the support of ever GG out there. You know, cause they are all about equal rights. ( sarcasm )
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganmeuer View Post
    I really have no interest in passing at all. I'm more content to stay inside dressed by myself.
    That's pretty much my position too. With that said, I prefer to dress fully with a wig, make up jewelry etc, if I can, but if I can't at the time I just dress in the clothes I like wearing and enjoy the time I have en fem.