Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Are you a crossdresser?"

Aspiring Member
    I have never been asked, but I am no more a cross dresser than a woman who wears a pair of jeans is a cross dresser.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

I've never been asked, but I don't think I would take offense at the question if I ever was asked. I think most people who ask are just curious because they've never met a crossdresser before. I'd be glad to answer any questions they might have.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    When shopping for clothes never been asked that, but the SA has asked aren't you going try that on before you buy it.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

God loves me as I am Jocelyn Renee's Avatar
    I've been asked the variation, "Are you a guy?", to which I replied: "Not at the moment.", said with a big smile.
    "It's a sad man, my friend, who's living in his own skin, and can't stand the company." - Bruce Springsteen

"Im not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand." - Prince
    --
    Connect with me...http://360.yahoo.com/joc_renee

I'm a long way from being asked that question, but if it ever comes up what I plan to say is "Yeah, do you think this makes me look fat?"

The idea is to convey the following thoughts, "it's no big deal," "your curiosity doesn't offend me," and "if you want to be friendly then so do I."
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Renee View Post
    I've been asked the variation, "Are you a guy?", to which I replied: "Not at the moment.", said with a big smile.
    That's a great response! Can I borrow this line if I ever get asked it?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I don't mind being called a crossdresser, and I'd readily admit that than being called gay.

But I don't ever want coworkers to know!

Gold Member
    I have been asked time to time, but it is usually "Do you do drag shows?" I tell them I do not but I do wear women's clothes. I don't lie about my CD status. Often times when I am out wearing short shorts [not booty shorts] it is only obvious...

The thing people seem to have the hardest time understanding is that I am not gay, I have a female wife and a kid. Staying married is unusual enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    No they haven't, they run in fear of the large man in a dress
    Yeah most people aren't going to want to piss off a large man in a dress.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

bev i had something like that to i was at work and a customer ask are you a crossdresser and first deny it but she said she saw me on my lunch brake trying on womens clothes at a store some times there not much you can do so i said yes and move on

samantha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    Had a comment yesterday. I was buying some lingerie, what else, and not from the store I usualy go to. The SA asked after I gave her the size if they were for me. I said yes and she moved me up one size and asked what size my forms were. She smiled and said you boys always think you are smaller than you are. She was sooo great, we chatted a bit. I asked her about a future fitting and she gave me the best times to come in. She then asked a few questons about did i wear my lingerie for long periods or for short term pleasure. I replied both but mostly short term.

She smiled and asked did i preferr the fem or girly look, I said fem. She chose a beautiful matching set and said these are what you need. After the purchase was made she called over the other SA and introduced her and said that CD were welcome and that they both love helping men choose pretty things for themselves. She did say it was just good sense and do come back.

I have only had one negative response so i believe that most SA are very tuned tojust being nice.

Jenn

So this went in the same direction as this thread but not exactly ansswering the question. I do get athrill interacting with women about my dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Renee View Post
    Put me down for #2 who wants to use that line.

It's well over twenty years now,I was in my first job and was still uncomfortable at times with my desire to dress,scared of people finding out,etc,anyway I was working alongside a young girl,I have absolutely no memory of the conversation or what led up to it,but I can remember clear as day the moment when she said 'I bet you're one of those blokes who wears womens underwear'! Panic! As far as I could tell I hadn't done or said anything to suggest I might have leanings in that direction,I laughed nervously and said 'Yeah,right'! and changed the subject. It never came up again and she left the firm but that moment is stuck firmly in my mind. Years later I began thinking along the lines of if I ever met her again I would try to steer the conversation round to 'I remember a time when we worked together when you said you thought I wore womens undies....how did you know'? But the opportunity has never presented itself. I thought it might do when I saw her name on Friends Reunited under my old workplace,so I sent her a 'would like to hear from you' message,but she's never responded.

Now compare the above to a few months back and my 'accidentally outed myself at work' thread where the conversation led to a colleague asking if I wore tights,and I freely said yes I do and did it bother her.

These days when shopping if I do get comments which suggest the SA suspects I'm buying for myself it doesn't bother me at all. I've had the 'you'll look good in that/those' type comments,to which I'll sometimes respond 'I'm glad you think so',etc. Last Christmas was fun when Marks and Spencer had a buy one get one half price promotion on packs of knickers,I bought two packs and the lady asked did I want a gift receipt. Without even hesitating I said that wouldn't be necessary....the penny dropped and the look on her face was priceless.