Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did you choose your name? Open to everyone!!

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Okay...
    I've chosen (and I think this is the last time I'm gonna change my mind) Roderick Benjamin James T...

Roderick. Well, I really like the name Rory, which is the short form of Roderick. Also, my mom was originally gonna name me Aurora, short form of which is also Rory. So there's that one.

Benjamin. This one started when I was about 17 or 18-- I had just come out and was a big fan of Eddie Izzard (was? Am.) He does this bit about 'Baby Brother Benny,' and I'm sort of like everyone's baby brother. It just sort of stuck.

James... Hmmm. I like the name James. It's also sort of a nod to Hugh Laurie. And it seemed to fit.

So yeah, that's all.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    /claps. I really wanted to hear that story.
    Speaking of names and comedians, you SO should read George Carlin on names. It's hilarious.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Hi Taylor,

I chose Joni because it is a derivitive of my first name. I picked Anne because of how much I loved the character Anne (with an "e") in the book and PBS Wonderworks production of "Anne of Green Gables".
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    It just came to me one day :3

I love it because it really represents who I am -

It's beautiful and unique, just like me x3

(This = a statement, NOT bragging >_>)

Also...100th Post FTW!!! xD

Quote Originally Posted by pediqr View Post
    I seem to have been cast into another world,,,temporarily?,, I hope.
    That depends on who you were referring to there . . .
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i became morgan in the eighties when i knew two children with the name, a girl and a boy. i was going out in very poor drag-couldn't find shoes size 14. i became morgan pure when i met a queen in the city who was a homeopath, she said that morgan pure was a medicine invented by a psycho inventor who experimented with e-coli bacteria. morgan pure is medicinal in tiny amounts. in quantity it'll kill you quick. something like belladona. that would be a good name too.

Rare flower
    I think my name's story is pretty neat. I'm technically a MtF, though I'm more of just a guy who likes being feminine. I'm also a virgin, and I value it greatly, which plays into my name.

My original name was Kevin(and sadly, most people still call me this despite my displeased reaction to it), and the name I chose was Liani. When I was about 14(I'm 22 now), I made a character named Aidlian. I've played as him in various games, including Dungeons and Dragons. He's become an important part of my life, as he portrays what I hope to be someday. Well, about a year ago I was looking up random names, and I came across the Hawaiian name Liani, which means "rare flower". I noticed how close Aid"lian" and "lian"i were, and how flower sometimes describes a virgin, not to mention a boy flower is pretty rare. It was almost like fate. The only thing I don't like about it is the name will lose some meaning if I ever dare have sex with someone. I don't see that happening ever though, so I'm probably in the clear.

Wow y'all!! I didn't expect to see so many answers. These were very interesting to read. Thanks so much for answering.

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar
    felt like joining in. this is a good one.

Ronald Weasley.
    My favorite character probably ever in anything. He is most like me. When I would role play online I would always be him so a girl playing a guy that's a little weird so i lived online with that name as a guy.
    It actually came out because someone asked is your name ron? and i said yeah sure.
    Then I met my now girlfreind an a lot of other friends so i decided I need more. I changed it to Ronaldo cause I'm mexican and then I got Hector because of this boy I was crushing on and I had just started liking the name. It's also my dad's brother's name, but he traumatized me because he was scary when i was little lol.

And sometimes i like to say its Ronaldinho. Just cause it sounds cool especially when the announcer says it in spanish during a soccer game on tv

Ronaldo Ronaldinho Hector
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

I chose Ben cos its short and no nonsense name - I have never been able to cope with anything fussy so it suits me. My kids love it. Also being a teacher there were sooo many names I couldn't use cos they reminded me of kids I have taught but all the Bens I have been in my class have been lovely.
    I play Warcraft and have only male characters (4 at top levels the rest getting there) - I tried once to have a female one but hated watching her run! Everyone in my guild thinks I'm male - but I join in voice conversations (just listen) as they might guess (and I'm an officer!) but its I feel so comfortable playing and joining in by typing comments. They accept me as the quiet green male orc - what more can I ask. I couldn't choose any of my character names as my real life name as they are just too odd!
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

I didn't choose My name - it chose Me When I cut off all My hair and looked in the mirror I just knew it was My name - I was like 'Oh, hello Daniel, so that's who you are and where you've been hiding!'

But since then I have come to realise that it is a rather appropriate name for Me - it is a Hebrew name that means "God is My judge" (in other words, anyone else can get stuffed because I answer to nobody but Myself and My Maker as I walk My path), and it is also the name of a character in Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" - Daniel is basically the new manifestation of the Dream, another aspect of it (which kinda suited Me to a T because I have a very strongly metaphysical point of view on life and hey, it just works LOL). In Irish, Daniel comes from the Gaelic name Domhnall (Donald) and means "attractive". It means the same in Welsh (I have a strong Welsh background) but is spelled Deiniol.

My middle name was just as easy, it chose Me and just seemed to flow from Daniel. It's a nod to My Irish heritage too, and means "little dark one" (kinda a nod to My inbuilt tendency to be the black sheep I suppose LOL!)

And being a Pagan and having Brighid as My Goddess, how could I have any other surname but MacBride (Scots for Son of Brighid) I used niBride as a girl (daughter of Brighid) so it was just a natural progression.

So I am now Daniel Ciaran MacBride
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post
    I didn't choose My name - it chose Me When I cut off all My hair and looked in the mirror I just knew it was My name - I was like 'Oh, hello Daniel, so that's who you are and where you've been hiding!'

But since then I have come to realise that it is a rather appropriate name for Me - it is a Hebrew name that means "God is My judge" (in other words, anyone else can get stuffed because I answer to nobody but Myself and My Maker as I walk My path), and it is also the name of a character in Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" - Daniel is basically the new manifestation of the Dream, another aspect of it (which kinda suited Me to a T because I have a very strongly metaphysical point of view on life and hey, it just works LOL). In Irish, Daniel comes from the Gaelic name Domhnall (Donald) and means "attractive". It means the same in Welsh (I have a strong Welsh background) but is spelled Deiniol.

My middle name was just as easy, it chose Me and just seemed to flow from Daniel. It's a nod to My Irish heritage too, and means "little dark one" (kinda a nod to My inbuilt tendency to be the black sheep I suppose LOL!)

And being a Pagan and having Brighid as My Goddess, how could I have any other surname but MacBride (Scots for Son of Brighid) I used niBride as a girl (daughter of Brighid) so it was just a natural progression.

Daniel...I love how you say your name chose you! I feel that way too. I have known of lots of trans guys who have changed their names many times. And I have no problem with that. That's cool if that's what they need to do. Like try on different names and stuff. But for me my names also came to me and I have never changed them. Taylor Allen Jon is mine. It fits perfect. I love your middle name by the way.

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile From a women I admired

Back in my early 20's I became friends with a girl, her name was Kimberly, she was dating a good friend of mine and was engaged to him. On many occasions we had lunch together and discussed many things, we respected each other. When I chose my name there wasn't a question in my mind which name I would take.

We are no longer in contact, but the feminity, sensitivity and wisdom she had is what I seek, thus I have adopted her name and will bear it with pride. Kim

Funny, but I never really chose it. It has been with me forever and the odd part is that I never new anyone by that name when growing up. So where it came from I am not quite sure. Still it suits me and I can always tell if the Capn is ticked by how he shortens it... Just kidding cuz he never gets ticked with me... at least that he has said.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberley View Post
    I can always tell if the Capn is ticked by how he shortens it... Just kidding cuz he never gets ticked with me... at least that he has said.
    Goofy Kimmie
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post

That's how I felt about Alan. I had been skimming 'A' names in the baby book (well, my female name started with one, and my initials were too great to pass up (AM)), and Alan just jumped out at me. Like... OMG, that's my NAME, how did I not know this?

My initials have changed, since I pay homage to one of the greatest minds of the twentieth century, and say Alan Turing M. (ATM, though ). Funnily, his initials were AMT
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Ivy
    I picked mine from a character in a video game. She's tall, quite onery and a bit androgynous. It was a bonus later on that I could find jewelry or clothing that was "Ivy" in nature.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I was going to use a female version of my real name, Chris, but after my wife saw me dressed she said I just looked like a Carroll
    Last edited by Carroll; 08-07-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: I kant sem two spel fery wel 2dy
    Drumming, My other hobby

Smile Shortened from Genevieve

[SIZE="4"]I've always liked the name and was originally going to call myself Genevieve. I found out that there were other girls here named Genevieve. I created 'Gennee' (pronounced JENNY). Thus far there's only one of me.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".