Thread: but is it possible...

but is it possible...

...so I took the opportunity and fully shaved my legs for the summer last weekend. I'd always figured the Mrs preferred my semi-furry legs all this time but a while ago, she made some passing comment that gave me the impression this wasn't the case (tho I cannot remember what the exchange entailed at this point)...

Well, I got myself all smooth and silky and as in the past, I sooo love the feeling. My question is this:

Is it possible that it's something she honestly hasn't noticed yet?

I mean, we do sleep in the same bed. I don't always wear long pants around the house. In fact, this morning she was lightly rubbing my leg as I was waking up and I was fully expecting "Did you shave your legs?" but nothing. There's just the bare hint of stubble starting now and she scratched around my thighs and knees without comment. It's almost turning into a test for me to see how long I can keep them smooth before she verbally acknowledges it... who knows, maybe I can get through all summer if I skip our beach weekends!

Or maybe she just doesn't care... hmmmmm.

Almost makes me wonder why I didn't start this years ago.

jenn

BTW: I wasn't expecting to use a Prefix or this post but the Forum wouldn't allow me to post it without selecting one... Hmmmm
    Last edited by jennCD; 05-22-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I've been shaving my legs fully for over 15 years now. I know she has noticed but she has never said anything, neither has anyone else, except for a coworker who saw me in shorts a couple of years ago. She told me how great my legs were.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

it IS possible

It is amazing how many things DON'T get noticed. While your shaved legs are the center you attention for you, to other people they may never raise to the point of being noticed.

As an example, I had my ears pierced about a decade ago now. I wear earrings EVERY day pretty much 24/7 (even small silver rings at night). After working with a woman EVERY DAY for the past three years, she looked at me the other day, did a double-take, then asked 'Did you get your ears pierced?'

Everybody else we were with got a laugh out of it, and it took us a few minutes to actually convince her that she hadn't noticed for so long.

So the moral of the story I guess is to not assume that anybody is going to notice anything unless it is brought to their attention.

Of course, the BETTER ending for you would be that she has noticed... and it doesn't matter to her, or she actually likes it! Whichever is the case, it sounds like you are in the clear Now time to go shave again to get rid of the stubble!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I think they like the look and effect. They're just not willing to admit the preference therefore they say nothing.

Smile Not enough

[SIZE="3"]I have so little hair on my legs that it really doesn't matter.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

My wife doesn't care if I shave my legs/chest/under arms/arms.

I have kept my legs shaved for almost two years. My wife does not mind and has often been talking to me while I am shaving. She only comments when they get stubbly. I have recently been totally shaving my chest and arms and she has commented about the arms saying maybe one of these days you will let your arm hair grow. Now that I have been totally shaving I love the feel and it will be hard to let amy area grow back. I've never had a comment from anyone else, including members of my golf club and I always wear short sleeved shirts.

In the big city at least, nobody cares about such things. Even if it was noticed, it isn't as out of place as the person with green hair or the guy wearing those "rocker" boots with the 6 inch platform soles.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

My wife generally notices very quickly. I epilate so it comes back soft, not stubley. Today she made it a point ot inspect me and rejoiced that some arm hair was growing back. Darn! I had been meaning to clean that up!
    Mary

I de-fuzzed in phases.

Neither my wife nor teenage son has ever said anything about my hair disappearing. I started using a trimmer and did my arms, then legs then back and chest. Then in the same order shaved them. This occurred over a two month period. I'm dumbfounded by this, but also very happy!

I guess what I do with my body is my business, as it is with theirs. This works both ways.

Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Sahved Legs

My wife loves it when I shave as long as I keep it up. The moment it starts to get prickly she is like "Get away from me and go shave"

Postscript:

Ok then,.. well four days later and the "Did you shave your legs?" chat finally came around. I guess it appears that little things like that can/do get overlooked in normal, everyday life when other things are around to fill our senses and minds.

...but in any case, it wasn't appreciated at all and stands now as one of those "things that cross the line". Wow, who knew that something so simple and personal could've sparked such an unexpected rush of negative emotions. As it turns out, she's spent much of the last year in a semi-denial state about my TG-ishness and not actually slowly developing a somewhat understanding position toward me as I had initially assumed.

Oh well, silly me to think this was somehow actually going to be easy.

Is It Possible You Could Talk With Your Wife?

This is the woman you married. The two of you must have some level of communication. You say that you always thought that she liked your hairy legs, did you ask her? Why don't you have a litle conversation, like, "Do you like my legs after I got rid of all that hair?"
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.