Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever worry you might pass it on?

UCLA researchers found a genetic link (evidentiary) that ties TS to genetics. Their research has been duplicated giving it some validity but still no definitive beyond doubt tie. Regardless, the evidence of genetic ties is extremely good.

That said, there has been no direct ties to heredity. It is hit and miss.

Some of the current thinking is that it is a combination of prenatal hormone release that causes the genetic factor. Again unproven except for the genetic link evidence. Maybe someday they will figure it out. I hope they dont.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

By the time they grow up everyone will not care anyway.

(And we'll all have our own personal transport hover pod made from silver paper and a robot that cleans carpets, yet looks strangely like a 1920's manservant.)

Anyway don't these things skip generations? (I always wondered about my Great Aunty Frank and Uncle Jane.).

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York View Post
    (And we'll all have our own personal transport hover pod made from silver paper and a robot that cleans carpets, yet looks strangely like a 1920's manservant.)
    LOL! I'm looking forward to meeting that little guy...

Kisses,

Lucy

My 11 year old has been trying my wifes clothes on. last week he was parading round the bedroom with her heels on. i hope we handle it a lot better than my folks did with me.

mitch

The wife and i had all girls so i guess in a way i did

No, I have no worries on that score. I know there's nothing genetic about it all, it's all much more accidental than that. My boy is a boy, not a typical boy, he is himself. I worry more about what might happen with his friends etc if I was found out to be how I am, that would hurt him if anyone started bullying him because of it all.
    Have faith. I don't mean faith in gods or governments, prophets or pundits. Have faith in yourself, in what you can do and what you know to be right. What you need is inside yourself, you can not find it in a book or the words of another, it may be hardest to find it there but if you look, find it you will!

My Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/mariannaj

Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504 View Post
    all my children were girls, so it doesn't matter much!!..BJ

You sure about that? Have you noticed there's a ftm section? Just because they're genetically female doesnt discount the possibility they may crossdress.

Amanda
    The Happy ****!

I have never given much thought as to "passing it on". Both of my children are grown and know about my CD'ing. The son is a manly man and very private. If he ever had any leanings toward CD'ing I suspect I would never know. My daughter is very cool with it and buy's me jewelry and makeup and loves to look at my latest pictures. I

Theres alot more important things to worry about, like is he drinking, taking drugs, having unprotected sex, fighting in school,getting bad grades, luckely my young teenage son,just loves to chat online and play video games, and has tryed to hide the fact from me that he's really into chasing the girls, if its passed on so be it, if not that's fine also, I always teach my kids to keep a open mind, and make there own choices. Just my thoughts on this.