Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do you think our mom's knew?

After years of not considering whether she knew or not (and stupidly thinking that she didn't), I have to say she did...and in a big way.
    She ignored me when I asked for panties when I was 10, but when I was 12 I had a part in a school play that for my costume I wore my older sisters satin/lace "Victorian" style minidress tucked into a pair of her black satin culottes (like capri's today) and Mary-Jane's on my feet (that we bought new for me since my feet were bigger than hers). Since it was satin it would stick to me...so she got me a cami ..that just happened to have a matching lace panty..that I wore under the outfit. Oh...and I wore black panty hose with the shoes. When I turned 14 I spent the summer with my Grand parents and Aunt. I spent most of it as a 14 year old girl (mom would have never understood that one - looong story!!) but I came home with past-shoulder length wavy hair. She actually didn't make me get a haircut (and then it was to just get it off my shoulders she said) till Christmas. Her stylist did my hair from somewhere around then (14/15) till after I was married!! Again now its no problem, but then it was a womans salon. Heck, when I got married, not only did she do my hair for free but the manicurist did my nails to boot!
    - going on...-
    I know she found my clothes stash at least twice between the ages of 14 and 15 because they'd be hanging in the front of my closet instead of under my shorts in my bottom drawer of my dresser. She never made a comment or questioned me about them and after the 2nd time, I left them in the closet. Other little signs that she knew but never said a word were: I had tried on her bathing suits when no one was home and they were way too big for me...except 2 - one an off-white bikini with "boy-cut" shorts-like bottoms and a one piece mallot in royal blue...both fit me perfectly. Same for her panties -except 3 or 4 pair with a similar perfect fit as above. 2 bras that were (at the time) 28AA padded training bras...now why would a grown woman with a 36DD chest need a 28AA training bra that fit me? I found these underthings by the strangest of ways...they were "accidentally" put in my clean clothes on my bed that I had to put away when I'd get home from school. Naturally, I had to try them on before going and asking who's they were. She'd just say -"Oh..those are mine...sorry" and say nothing else...on more than one occasion. After the 3rd or 4th time of them being in my things...I quit taking them back to her and I put them in my drawer...and she never asked about them. I'd just wear them, put them in the diry clothes, and they'd be on my bed a day or 2 later with everything else. As I remember, about 1/2 my clothes came from the GAP...no biggie today, but in the early 70s, they were a predominantly Jr's/womans fashion store. When I was 15, my 17 year old sister started going to a dermatologist. I had to go as well. Facials, treatments, etc...I got it all just like she did. I vividly remember one session, I was taught the correct way to apply/remove makeup and cleanse my face...by having makeup put on me and then having to remove it! This can go on, but I'm going to quit here....

So I'd guess I'd have to say she just might have known......

Jenn

I got caught a few times. For some reason, mom would all ways catch me, no matter how late at night I did it.
    Man! I feel like a woman!

Former Member
    She probably knew, but never said anything. I was a dream child. I never really got into much trouble and always had pretty good grades, so she let me do my own thing. She has never said anything, and I don't plan on asking....

I live in the New Orleans Area of Louisiana.

I think some do.

Moms just know those kind of things.
    Love From Your Sister Michelle
    Flowers are for the Heart, the Mind, and the Soul

She found bras and panties but I had lots of girlfreinds
    so as she may have suspected I had excuses

Yes, my mother knew. I basically stole some underwear and a swimsuit from an older GG cousin who'd outgrown them (they were packed away with other outgrown clothes, not taken from the clothes she was still wearing) when I was about 13 or so and took them home. I thought they were well hidden but my mother found them in my room. She tried to talk to me about it and even offered to get me some things but I was too embarressed to talk about it. I got out of that conversation as quickly as I could and the topic was never mentioned between us again. She passed away a little over two years ago so we never will have that conversation now.
    So I don't want to be the last, don't want to be the first,
    Don't want to be alone with my thoughts tomorrow.
    Don't want to be afraid, don't want to look away,
    I'm learning to breathe.

Nerina Pallot - Learning to breathe

I asked my mother if she had any suspicions and I was surprised when she said no.

I used to "borrow" her earrings for a while and evidently she'd find them and return them to her jewelry box. She had tons so I didn't think she'd notice. But she never said anything to me about it. When about 5 she caught me wearing one of her rinestone necklaces as I couldn't get it off quickly enough when she came to check on me from next door.

She never asked me why or anything, and I really don't know what she thought I was thinking or why.

ChanDelle

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Wow! cool webpage. And i thought i loved slips

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar

Mom knew

My sister, who is two years older than me, was always dressing me up, and mom only began to object when I got to be about 9. Sis and I just sort of ignored her and kept on dressing me in her things. Mom wasn't home often, and dad was long gone, so it wasn't to hard for us to do what we wanted. Eventually, mom just gave up trying to stop me from being a girl, knowing it was hopeless, I guess. I was around 12 then.

My sister and I both loved wearing mom's slips, but we never wore any of her other clothes.

Yes, she knew. Busted me at 16 in my sisters dress, heels, wig, and lipstick. She was afraid I was gay. Gave me the "Don't turn out to be a mama's boy, talk". I moved out shortly thereafter. Never gave her any reason to suspect it ever happened again.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

She Knew

Mothers always know more than you think they do. She had to have known. I grew up with two GG cousins. When playing together on weekends, dress-up was always one of our favorites games. I always wanted to be the mother. I would dress in my cousins panties and dresses. I never tried to hid what I was doing. We often asked our mothers to pic which of us looked the best. My favorite outfit was my oldest cousin's pink satin sunday dress with bows and ribbons. I would wear her black Mary Jane shoes. I felt beautiful. I will never forget how absolutely great it felt being dressed around my mother and my annts. Later when I started growing to large for my cosin's clothes, I begged my mother to buy me my own dresses and panties. She broke down once and bought me pertty blue satin dress with crinoline, panties, slip and shoes. I was told not to wear any of my outfit when anyone other than my mother or my annts were home. I am sure my father must have known because my mother never kept secrets from him. I was never able to get my mother to buy me anymore dresses after I outgrew this one. I know she must have known that I would try on her dresses and lingerie. My mother was a very beautiful woman and loved to dress-up and go out. My parents were very good dancers and loved to party. I wish I had had the chance to talk to her about it in later years. I do miss her very much.

I feel I had a most special childhood. I feel so lucky to be a man who likes to wear a women's clothing. I feel it helps me relate to people and I think it makes me a much better person.

Clairemarie

Quote Originally Posted by clairemarie View Post
    Mothers always know more than you think they do. She had to have known. I grew up with two GG cousins. When playing together on weekends, dress-up was always one of our favorites games. I always wanted to be the mother. I would dress in my cousins panties and dresses. I never tried to hid what I was doing. We often asked our mothers to pic which of us looked the best. My favorite outfit was my oldest cousin's pink satin sunday dress with bows and ribbons. I would wear her black Mary Jane shoes. I felt beautiful. I will never forget how absolutely great it felt being dressed around my mother and my annts. Later when I started growing to large for my cosin's clothes, I begged my mother to buy me my own dresses and panties. She broke down once and bought me pertty blue satin dress with crinoline, panties, slip and shoes. I was told not to wear any of my outfit when anyone other than my mother or my annts were home. I am sure my father must have known because my mother never kept secrets from him. I was never able to get my mother to buy me anymore dresses after I outgrew this one. I know she must have known that I would try on her dresses and lingerie. My mother was a very beautiful woman and loved to dress-up and go out. My parents were very good dancers and loved to party. I wish I had had the chance to talk to her about it in later years. I do miss her very much.

I feel I had a most special childhood. I feel so lucky to be a man who likes to wear a women's clothing. I feel it helps me relate to people and I think it makes me a much better person.

Clairemarie
    I love to sneak into mothers closet,wearing suntan pantyhose,and trying on mothers
    good wardrobe,especially her short skirtsuits,silk blouses&heels.Sometimes I also
    pull out one of her short mini skirts&silk top&a pair of her heels.One day I was in her
    closet,fully dressed in one of her outfits&sitting at her makeup table,doing my hair&
    makeup
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

my mum caught me in my sis's partyfrock and frilly nicks when i was about 5 ( and just about traumatised me for the rest of my life ). I resolved never to risk revealing my inner feelings with the family ever again.

After my wife died about 13 years ago and i'd gotten over blaming my mum for stuff, and gotten over being angry with her, i mentioned it all again. She was going through family photographs and as i saw my life there on the table, i said i had a photo to add: a pic of me in a little black dress with the rockgroup i was playing with, and got rejected all over again. I was called into the lounge ( very formal u.k. family ) and told that they were far from happy with the information, and wanted to pretend i'd ever mentioned it. A few years later my dad and bro died, leaving my mum on her own with my sis and me, and for her sake, i put my feelings aside and have supported her, as far as i can, which means visits are infrequent, but we speak on the phone regularly.

I called her on the phone last night and found her distraught and tearful. She'd been talking with one of my neices who'd visited my daughter while i was there ( my treasure of a daughter accepts me ) and hearing that i was openly femme, and realising the effect of her lifelong rejection of the 'whole me', apologised, wants things to mend. Said i loved her.

The way we are is difficult for those around us, particularly family members. In the face of rejection, don't push. Don't think your problems are any worse or frustrating or logjammed as anyone else's. Don't harbour hurt in your heart. Remember that our femininity isn't our possession. Remember that it is there for all time and we can be with it, lovingly, whatever we must wear, however we must be.

I get so emotional reading these stories. probably because i never experienced that reconciliation. i'm please that you and your mum have been able to remove that barrier and that you did not harbour bittereness in your heart

mitch

Yes, my mother knew, oh how she knew! I was about 3 when I received my first "correction" of behaviour. After a couple more times I definitely learned to go in the closet.

When I was 5 I was caught again this time the correction was total humiliation in front of her friends. I have never forgiven her for that. There were always little comments and innuendos through my life.

Okay so with all that said. I wasnt very good at hiding my things and I am sure she found them on more than one occasion but never said anything. When I was 10 she did dress me up with full makeup and all for halloween. Of course I stayed out as late as I could; who wouldnt?

I think that even to this day what bothers me most is that she never sat down with me and talked about it. She never tried to find out my feelings and that is something I can neither forget nor forgive even 10 years after her death.

So, like most TS I made bad choices (out of ignorance), married and family etc. So today history repeats except my wife is trying to get some sort of handle on it. I dont know how far this will or can go but my priorities are still family first even if it kills me in the process.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

I'm in the not sure catagory , but I kind of think she knew I was different. She knew I always loved everything that was silk or satin. I would always love the feel of a blanket edge and she she bought me a pure satin purple comforter that I loved . Eventually she made me a skirt to wear for my first Halloween party that i went out enfemm . She never really came out and just asked me though

I thought I was so clever!

My mom found my entire stash of pantyhose!!!! She sent me to therapy!!!!!!
    Jonnie XOXO

Oh, yes, my mother knew that I wore her clothes and she did not like it one little bit! The funny thing is that after I left home to go to college, she never mentioned it again.

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    I'm sure my mother knew that i dressed, but never came out & asked me, i was never really good at putting her things back where i got them & she made little comments about that stuff but mothers know all, you can't hide anything from them.

When I was a teenager I was caught several times by my parents. I suspect that my behavior and my lack of stealth probably lead to their catching me. When I told my wife of many many years that I was a crossdresser, she said "gee, that's old news". When I asked her how she knew, she said I hadn't been that good about covering my tracks, especially when it came to removing my eye make-up. My mom always said she could tell when I was lying, I suspect she could tell more than that. A year before she died, I asked her if there was anything about me that she wanted to know (This was after she had commented that she really didn't know me) she said no, that she knew enough.
    Moms are funny people, but they are very much plugged in to what is going on.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Mom knows not because I told her but she caught me at 8 in the bathroom wearing her bra, panty girdle, and black sweater, all she ever said to me was "Don't do it again", never listened to her. With me growing my hair, pierced my ears, wearing women's jeans and my mannerisms I can only guess she knows that I never listened to her, she is now in her 70's and don't think I will tell her but time will tell.

Well 3 weeks have gone by and I have told many friends, was out as Kristen for Halloween and was seen by a few of my brother's friends, going to wait till the new year and talk to her.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I think she suspected. i tried on her things too many times, and wrinkles appeared, things got moved.....