Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying from GG sales assistants

Banned Read only

Buying from GG sales assistants

Do you find it easier or will you, like me, only have the courage to buy fem items from GG assistants and not men?

Also, I cannot buy fem items if there are men in the sopping queue.

It really doesnt matter to me if they are male or female assistants. I will buy whatever I need to buy anyhow. The person helping you or ringing in your purchase is just there to do a job.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I prefere GGs but really dont mind guys serving at a till

Silver Member
    I find that there is no real difference between the level of service I get between male or female SA. Male SA can be every bit as knowledgable about clothing and styles as female SA. Sometimes more. I would not restrict my shopping experience that way if I were you. If a male SA is working a department, he probably has just as much expertise as a female would in the same department.

Isn't this showing a bit of sexual descrimination dear? After all, we want to be accepted as who we are, don't we? Don't you think we owe a male SA the same respect we give to a female SA?

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Banned Read only
    I didn't mean it in the way that men are not as good as their job as women, but I feel less nervous buying off a woman.

i am just heading in that direction and getting braver with each. i have such a guilty look. it really bother me though. ill be heading out again this weekend.

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    it doesn't bother me what gender the sales assistant is when i buy female clothing, because when you've had a male serve you when buying a book about CD'ing while you're in drab, clothes shopping is a breeze
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

Doesn't really matter to me. Male, Female.. they only want my money and don't really care what I'm buying with it.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

The only sales assistants that I have seen have all been female.

I think it is unheard of for a guy to work in retail (unless they are in a warehouse section).
    Last edited by Emma England; 08-22-2007 at 05:04 AM.

Especially in the "big box" retailers! All the male sales assistants are back in sports or automotive, and that's fine with me.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I have not had a problem being served by either male or female SA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

I'm with you, heathr. For me, while I can accept a gg seeing the cd in me, I cannot face the prospect of a man seeing it. Funny, but that is me.

I have bought from a male cashier before, and he was nice, not a bad experience at all. For me, it is hit or miss. If the guy looks friendly, I have no problems. If he looks really uptight, I might go to someone else. But at the same time I do the same when buying from GGs. Although I prefer to buy from older GGs rather than younger, they seem to be far more professional in my past experiences.

Believe it or not the only place I really run into a Male Associate is the MAC store at the Perimeter Mall here in Atlanta. Well...there is a guy at the cash register at the Goodwill Store I go to sometimes. Never had any problem with them.

In the paved over air-conditioned desert.

I am much more willing to let a GG possibly guess my secret..

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Do you find it easier or will you, like me, only have the courage to buy fem items from GG assistants and not men?Also, I cannot buy fem items if there are men in the shopping queue.
    Dee and I went to a mall. My male side loathes malls. We walked into Dillards first. I got a bit glassy-eyed at the shoes....drool.....

Looking around I realized something I had forgotten about since I avoid malls like the plague. In my youth there were shoe sales persons, and they dashed to the back to bring out your size. I am used to looking through stacks of boxes myself to see if they have them in my size. Hmmm. I thought about what a story it would make if I could go the full service route. Fantasy collided with reality when I saw a very professional male sales associate. We kept walking right out of Dillards. I even found myself regressing to looking at shoes out of the corner of my eyes like how as a shy boy I would avert my eyes a little (but only a little) as I passed Victoria's Secret. (each time I repeatedly passed VS!!)

I felt like a wimp for doing that. I have shopped for women's active wear and even asked questions of a fellow shopper before, now I am not allowed to look??!! What the...

Truly sad these ingrained pavlovian reflexes. I even had my wife and infant as 'cover' NO ONE would have assumed just looking and not actually asking to see a size 9.5 that they were for me, but I couldn't I was paralyzed. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    Isn't this showing a bit of sexual descrimination dear? After all, we want to be accepted as who we are, don't we? Don't you think we owe a male SA the same respect we give to a female SA?
    Exactly right. I even thought this at the time and still my feet moved inexorably toward the door.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPriscilla View Post
    while I can accept a gg seeing the cd in me, I cannot face the prospect of a man seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    I have bought from a male cashier before, and he was nice, not a bad experience at all.
    We went to a Bookmans a great used book superstore. I had my wife and 5 kids in tow. I wanted to inquire about transgender titles, and also if they had any CD specific beauty books. I waited and hovered till I cut a GG associate out of the herd. She paused visibly, absorbing the unexpected request, then recovered and led me to an area she thought might help. She withdrew leaving me to browse. I didnt find what I was looking for and finally selected a GG make-up book, I assume most if not all such titles are GG oriented since they use it a bit more than the average bloke.

I actually was tempted to hide my beauty book under the pile that I took to the male cashier, again STUPID because I also had my wifes history and romance books, kids books, and a cd (music) for the teenager.

The cashier looked as male as they come more alternative rocker than say alternative emo. I had forgotten that I had painted nails for the whole week, they were translucent pink, but in the bright light of the store they revealed a shimmer.

He said, I really like the nails. NO irony, no sarcasm. floored me.

I really need to get over myself.

Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    I prefer to buy from older GGs rather than younger, they seem to be far more professional in my past experiences.
    Now see, another of my prejudices shows in this vein. I ALWAYS select the younger choice. MY theory is they were raised during the Lewinsky mess and on the positive side many examples of any number of alt lifestyles portrayed positively and regularly. At least that's what I tell myself.

I worry there is more to it. Am I picking the cute one, (bad reason) or am I picking the one that doesn't remind me of ~shudder!~ my mother (worse reason)
    Vincent Vega: Well, I confess that I wait to talk, but I am trying to learn to listen. (paraphrased)

Barbara's Blog

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar

byte the bullet honey ...

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Do you find it easier or will you, like me, only have the courage to buy fem items from GG assistants and not men?

Also, I cannot buy fem items if there are men in the sopping queue.
    I have no problem buying what I buy from whomever. As far as I am concerned, whether I am en femme or en drab, the only thing of import to the sales person is that *I* pay for whatever it is.

As for other people, it is none of their business if I am buying for me or for someone else. Think of it as buying a gift for another person.

I was purchasing several items (about $12 worth to be exact) at my GoodWill clearance store where every item of adult apparral was $1 each. Two women behind me asked If I was one of those Cross Dressers. (ready for a surprise) I said, Yes In fact I am. We had a great time while I also flirted outrageously with both women. Outed myself and no one really cared.
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

+1

Quote Originally Posted by MsPriscilla View Post
    I'm with you, heathr. For me, while I can accept a gg seeing the cd in me, I cannot face the prospect of a man seeing it. Funny, but that is me.
    I love having a gg know I am "dressed", I hate interacting with males in public.

Good embarassment / Bad embarassment

Now guys at the club, no sweat. Unless thay are hitting on me. I'm straight. But I have never had a bad experience either way!

Tina
    [SIZE="2"]Tina D'Orsay
    Central Iowa

"Silence is golden,duct tape is silver."
    "You can never be to rich, to thin or wear too high heels."[/SIZE]

It matters not to me whether it is a male or female, as long as they are professional

Think about this girls--I have said that I worked the floor as an SA for 3 years at both New York & Co and The Limited. I was dressed male and acted all male on the job. If you had shied away from me, you would have missed the opportunity to have one of our own serve you. You just never know.

Jodi

As with mose people here I have been served by both Male and Female Sales Assistants and so far most have been very professional and courtious. Once a GG SA called me sir and that lost her the sale.
    Anthea

I'm afraid I lurk about waiting for no males in the queue and a female sales associate. Perhaps its one of the few bad experiences I have had en femme in a store. GGs have never said anything. Joni

Doesn't matter to me....

Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I prefer GG's. I may get a few strange looks, but I don't get the smirks and laughter that I envision from male SA. Just my paranoia, I guess.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Doesn't matter to me....

Karren
    As usual, Karren is right. It doesn't matter! A sale is a sale.

Not too long ago, I felt I was wearing the wrong size feminine shoe. So I went into a Nordstrom's, which is an excellent place to get measured because their SA are very well trained. BTW, I was totally in drab. So I walked into the women's department, all male SA's. One of them walked up to me and asked if he could help. I told him I would like to be measured for female shoes. He looked at me with a grin, and asked, "why." I said, "because I like to wear them!" He just grinned again, and said, "O.K. let me get you measured and then I would like to show you some sandals that are on sale." Needless to say, I left there very happy with two new pair of sandals and a satisfied SA. BTW, I have been back and always look for him!

If an SA asks me who the purchases are for, I tell them. Doesn't make any difference if it's a male or female, or what I am buying. And since my finger nails are always painted pink, sometimes sparkly pink, I have recieved many compliments, from both males and female SA's. If they know their business at all they just want sales.

Sissy

More Girl than man sometimes
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 08-21-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and additions!

I prefer buying from women, but if the line is shorter I'll buy from a man. It really makes no difference it is just my personal preference.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I also prefer to buy from women SA's