Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: your dad?

I sure wouldn’t be in heals if I was insane enough to tell him, ole pop’s was pretty quick. yea he would have flipped his freaking lid.

My father never knew. He passed away in 1992. I have visited his grave while dressed and introduced him to the daughter he never knew.

Joyce
    Visit my website at:
    http://www.geocities.com/joyce1702/

[SIZE="3"]"Make Music Not War"[/SIZE]

Daddy wouldn't like this...

Posted this a while back and still can't say it better than I did...

Fathers... It's a hard one, I know. If any of yours were like mine, dressing up to the nines in full supermodel gala was not exactly what he had in mind when the nurse told him it was a boy way back when. Although my dad has been gone now for over 10 years, I always think of him when I finally put on my lipstick to finish my complete transformation (i.e., after the legs and chest are shaved, the breast forms attached, the nylons on, the perfect outfit slinked into place and all other makeup as perfectly placed as I am able - as I am now writing this). I think of him always at this moment and whisper a silent "sorry, dad" to myself in the mirror. I do this for two reasons. The first is to pay homage to a man that I loved and from whom I always wanted approval. The second...? To mockingly throw all his impossibly conservative and insane views of life straight into his face, hating him for always castigating me and the choices I made, for always looking at me with those eyes of disappointment. The former being the stronger intent of the two.

Now mind you, dad died never knowing his son wished nothing more than to have been born his daughter. I think it likely he died thinking I was gay, though I'm not really sure of that. All that I know for sure is that I was hardly the boy he had wanted. I was small, lousy at sports, and somewhat effeminate. As a kid I did none of the things he expected. I love music, writing, and keeping my room in complete order and spotless. None of the things I did made any sense to him or, from his perspective, were just wrong. Once he "caught" me playing with my sister and her Barbie and Ken dolls and almost had a heart attack then and there (the real one came a bit later...).

For me, my father is somehow both the first and the last person I'd ever want to know my hidden desire. I would want him to be the first, as with him knowing everything else would be a easy, and I would want him to be the last as... well, those damn eyes of disappointment would be something that would have likely crushed me into a quivering wreck. So now here I am, over ten years from his passing still somehow wanting his approval, wishing somehow we could have coffee together and just be ourselves, regardless of my lipstick marked coffee mug.

Robyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Freak out, that would just begin to describe it. Life is better without them knowing.

For years I thought my Dad would FREAK OUT then. I sort of got the courage up and wrote a long letter. Well ok I had writen 10 letters, but finally mailed one. To my suprise he didn't freak out as I had thought but , was some what understanding. Of course I got the whole I don;t understand and, I don't want to see it but if thats what makes you happy speach. Other then that the usual questions, and you are my son I will always love you, and a congratulations for having the courage to do what must have been very difficult. Now I'm sure some think I took the chicken way out with a letter but we do live 3000 miles apart or something like that. But in all it turned out to be a good thing I told.

He would've called me a fag and been thoroughly ashamed of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2006 View Post
    Posted this a while back and still can't say it better than I did...

Fathers... It's a hard one, I know. If any of yours were like mine, dressing up to the nines in full supermodel gala was not exactly what he had in mind when the nurse told him it was a boy way back when. Although my dad has been gone now for over 10 years, I always think of him when I finally put on my lipstick to finish my complete transformation (i.e., after the legs and chest are shaved, the breast forms attached, the nylons on, the perfect outfit slinked into place and all other makeup as perfectly placed as I am able - as I am now writing this). I think of him always at this moment and whisper a silent "sorry, dad" to myself in the mirror. I do this for two reasons. The first is to pay homage to a man that I loved and from whom I always wanted approval. The second...? To mockingly throw all his impossibly conservative and insane views of life straight into his face, hating him for always castigating me and the choices I made, for always looking at me with those eyes of disappointment. The former being the stronger intent of the two.

Now mind you, dad died never knowing his son wished nothing more than to have been born his daughter. I think it likely he died thinking I was gay, though I'm not really sure of that. All that I know for sure is that I was hardly the boy he had wanted. I was small, lousy at sports, and somewhat effeminate. As a kid I did none of the things he expected. I love music, writing, and keeping my room in complete order and spotless. None of the things I did made any sense to him or, from his perspective, were just wrong. Once he "caught" me playing with my sister and her Barbie and Ken dolls and almost had a heart attack then and there (the real one came a bit later...).

For me, my father is somehow both the first and the last person I'd ever want to know my hidden desire. I would want him to be the first, as with him knowing everything else would be a easy, and I would want him to be the last as... well, those damn eyes of disappointment would be something that would have likely crushed me into a quivering wreck. So now here I am, over ten years from his passing still somehow wanting his approval, wishing somehow we could have coffee together and just be ourselves, regardless of my lipstick marked coffee mug.

Robyn
    beautiful words Robyn, written from the heart - made me cry

Mitch

Catholic Parents=Close-Minded folks

Both my parents are practicing catholics. That means they are super-closed-minded and they'd SUPER freak out (even have a heart attack) if they ever saw me in drag, no matter if the reason for dressing were a costume party or any other "valid" reason. They say crossdressers, gays, lesbians, transexuals, etc., are all going to hell. I don't recall Jesus Christ ever saying something like that, in any of the movies I've seen of him (I don't read the Bible). That's why I don't like the catholic church, among other things.

Hai!
    He'd go mental if he were to find out, and my mother still does not know, but then again, he wears lycra on his bike, and my mum finds this quite feminine and he wants to shave his legs, we both have no reason why, maybe he's a CD in denial.

I Want to thank everyone who posted here .. please remember to love yourself first.. it's hard when we want aprovel from our mom and dads but it best left alone ... you are all gerat and wonderful people

This question really makes me think. My father passed away in another country many years ago but he “Knew” he was going to be a grandfather by my wife and me. This made him proud. He and I had never really finished our father/son reconciliation so he never learned the total truth about me and to this day, I’m not sure that I would have ever shared this part of my life with him.

When I lived at home, my situation was identical to Stacy at Times’s and I quote

Fear of physical harm overshadowed any thought of sharing much of anything I thought or felt. After a few drinks, there was very little that would not invoke dad. Rambo would qualify 'fag' if he wore white pants in front of dad - but he was equal opportunity with 'dike' observations when he was drunk. And you know if he were alive today, I would give him a hug, tell him I love him - in spite of his actions. Somewhere he really hurt
    So the answer is I believe he would have added this knowledge [of my cross dressing] to the pile of disappointments he carried with him later in life.

Sigh

joann426

i knew that i was a crossdresser when i was little i useto wear my sisters panties and when i was 35 i told my wife i loved to wear womens clothes we wnt shopping together and i boughtclothes and bras and she said whoes that for and i said that is for me and i have been wearing them ever since see through tops and make up from avon it is so nice to have a understanding wife:i am happy to be me

first time i lucky to never now my dad

He never knew. He passed while I was in my teens. I imagine he would have been ashamed and if he were drunk I would have been hurt.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I haven't told him ...... but I feel very confident that if I did, he wouldn't like it all. Although he's become more mellow about life since he retired, I still think he would hate it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Well If I tol dmy Dad even though he is 77 I would be Dis owned and cast out from the famly. He is very non accepting!!!! I have told my mother and she loved it lol go figure

Both of my parents know. They are very accepting. We dont talk about it much, and I dont push the issue by dressing around them. But they have both said that being a CD doesn't mean anything is wrong with me, and they still feel that I am a good person and a good father to my children. I doubt my Dad is thrilled about it, but he accepts it, and that is enough for me.

Michelle

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I don't know, I'm not really eager to try and find out. What was interesting when growing up when ever I got busted for dressing up, my mom was always the one to yell at me or discipline me about it. My dad suprisingly said very little if anything about my cross dressing.

My only recognition was when my sister caught me dressed in my mom's clothes when we were kids. She told me she called my dad and all he said was to stop. Far calmer than reaction than how my mom would responded . Jocelyn

Ronna's Evil Twin
    When I was 10 my dad caught me wearing my sister's pantyhose and all he said was "cute." It never came up again until last year when I really wanted to show somebody how I could look. I emailed him a low-res, fuzzy picture, asked him to guess who it was, his reply was "hard to tell from such a small picture, could be anybody, I hope it's not you in drag."

That's when I knew he didn't want to know so I dropped it. But I sent my mom a photo album because she probably wouldn't care but I think my dad got curious and had a look at it. He died shortly after that, so I'll never know. I'm guessing it would have been a big disappointment. Oh well.