Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to be discovered?

Barbara

Oops!

Last Sunday I had on a lavender Lace top, with breasts of course, and a fab skirt with heels. (My wife actually picked out for me.) My wife was outdoors with the dog and had left the back door open. When I went to check on her and close the door, she was talking to the neighbor lady next door. Needless to say, she got a fairly good look. Her only comment was to ask my wife if I was still in pajamas. Have talked to her since and no questions or change in attitude. I guess I am out to the neighbor.

If she were to ask I would tell her the truth. I do not flaunt Barbara, but I am not ashamed of her either. Barbara is a big part of me.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

Just being my true self wtb Jessica's Avatar
    I don't know if i am ready for evey one to know. But some of my famliy aready know and thats about it. Have to try and keep it out of sight. I would although like to be able to be more my self around my family if at all possable. really Just wish i could be my self all the time.
    Stuck in between.
    girl that loves to shopping and would like to be under stood by family.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I sent the following email to my brother a couple of days ago... "Have you ever wished you had a sister?" This should start an interesting conversation! Yeah, I'm ready to talk... still waiting to hear back from him.
    Perhaps this is a slight "swerve" from the thrust of this post.....Yes, I do indeed wish I'd had an older sister....not about borrowing her clothes, but someone I could have confided in during my teenage years....an older sister that perhaps, hopefully, would have been a friend as well as sibling? A strange hunger I seem to have.

I came out to a buddy a couple of months ago, he's cool about it. As time goes by I'll probably be out to others.
    I am not prepared to be discovered, I'd rather be outed on my own initiative, but if it happens I will deal with it.
    While being outed is a concern, I really doubt if it would be that big of an issue.
    Am I concerned? Yes. Am I worried? No.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

[SIZE="3"]There are days when I could care less who knows then there are days when I get a little paranoid and wonder who knows! I just don't want anyone to get hurt, my kids for example they don't have a clue and I think it would damage my relationship with them. I don't help the situation though and they could find out. People in small towns talk and I get alot of stuff in the mail. Lucky magazine (clothes shopping and fasion tips) Cosmetique (monthly cosmetics) fredricks catalogs, tons from target. boxes from cvs, sock dreams you know put two and two together and it's easily recognized as not your ordinary guy mail stuff and everyone in the post office knows me. the PO is a notorious roomer mill. earings, long nails, etc. I'm sure the word is out. My land lady is very nosey and I could easily be outed by her so It is only a matter of time . I don't know how I will react when that moment comes , I guess it will depend on the situation. Part of me says it sure would be a relief not to hide anymore I'm tired of hiding, then the other side says it sure would cause alot of grief better be careful[/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Smile

One thing happened to me more than 2 years ago. I was on a six week businee trip throughout Germany. When not working, like in the evening,
    I dressed up all the time, went to restaurants, malls etc.

A few weeks after the trip I was invited to a symposium by a former University collegue, who is a Prof. today, in a city, 400 miles away from home. There were many people who I knew from my studies.
    I met him and we talked a bit. He asked me if I was staying and working at a particular city in former East Germany, because I've been seen/recognized by his son, who is actually a student there. I said yes.

I'm pretty sure, that I wasn't dressed and out en femme in that city, but this is in the air. So his son might have seen me, I'll never know.

Doreen

Tell the ones that matter

Any one else its none of thier bussiness i told all the family its me learn to live with it beats them finding out and feeling betrayed by not having been told and a whole lot of others on the net knew before they did.
    Evryone has a photographic memory just some forget to put the film in the camera
    http://360.yahoo.com/profile-SJCgYSg...Y17MENWR77MfRN

hello

i dont worry about if people know.i do what makes me happy.i love crossdressing it makes me feel better and takes away all the pain from that day.i am very very happy to be a crossdresser and you should be happy to.dont worry about what people think or say.if anyone ask me i would tell them the truth.yes i am a crossdresser and love it.

My short version is: nope. Totally not ready! This may be a bit morbid for this thread, and for that I do appologize, but... anytime I get ready to die I start to purge. I guess I associate the two these days, in that I don't feel I can leave myself to those who are left behind. Right now if I were to have an accidehnt or worse, there'd be a lot of explaining to do. My mother moved back to town a couple weeks ago and almost had to stay at my house... what a lot of explaining that would have taken! Thankfully there appears to be a god and while he hates me.. he appears to have taken pity on me for once!

hello

dont care if anyone finds out.and if they ask i will tell them yes i am a crossdresser and love it.

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn27 View Post
    How many of us have considered and prepared for that day when someone you don't want to know finds out, be it your best friend, your boss, your family, maybe even the SO. I think deep down we all know that sooner or later it is going to happen.
    You NEVER know when someone will question you about it -- trust me when I say that it can come out of nowhere when you least expect it!!!!!!!

I have a friend who CD's regularly (as I do). He has a very accepting and supportive wife; he also has three adult children. One child knows for certain and is fine with it (and he dresses regularly in front of her). Another surely knows, but obviously doesn't want to discuss the subject or see it -- it is sort of like this second child doesn't want to know anything personal about the parents and their private life.

The third child knew nothing about the CDing -- or at least so my friend thought. Then one day, my friend was with this child at the doctor's office (yes, the child is an adult, but my friend went with the child b/c the child was so ill). Anyway, here was a classic "out of nowhere" situation. The doctor asked my friend (in front of the child and completely out of the blue), "well what GIRL did you dress up as for Halloween this past year?" Before my friend could regain his composure, much less answer, the doctor went on to say how he had enjoyed how my friend looked the year before as so-and-so, and the year before that as so-and-so, etc.

Well, the child must have sensed the father's absolute shock and discomfort, b/c they chimed in, "Dad doesn't know that I know he dresses up like that every year for Halloween and other occassions -- but I do know, and it is okay -- I just never bring it up b/c since dad has never told me, I didn't want to emabrass him." Great kid!!! '

Well, that just goes to show you two things. First, the subject might well be brought up when totally unexpected and wouldn't it have been better to have had a prepared answer instead of being caught totally off guard, turning red-faced, and left stumbling for words? Second, we often don't give our children credit enough to know what's what -- and today's youth are (not totally, but in general) much more accepting than any generation previous!

The only one that knows is my lovely wife. I don't think I'm ready, nor is she, to be outed to anyone else. It is something I've given plenty of thought to, and prepared to respond to. If the day comes, I hope I'll be ready.
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Dangerous View Post
    I just don't know, I think sometimes when people who love you find out things like this (not somebody you're intimate with like your SO) they might just accept it quietly, I remember, when I lived in an apartment with two of my cousins, one of them found a stash of my panties, he had to sleep on the couch so we shared a space in my room for storing clothes, he just came out holding a pair and said something like "do I want to know what this is about?" and I just turned red and didn't know what to say, I acted in defense of him going through my things, it was a little bit of an argument, I admitted to nothing, just kept changing the subject, after a while it got quiet and I just said "Yeah, can we sort of act like all that never happened?" and he just says "ok" and that was the last that was said about it, we don't live together anymore (unrelated to the incident) but he never brings it up or acts weird around me, we're pretty good friends, but I think if I was 100% out and about with it he might turn on me because of that crazy male insecurity, as far as people who are not in my family, like if I was to move to a new town or something I think I'd want to be straight forward with who I am because nobody likes to hide their true selves, sorry if this post is rant-ish I've had way too much coffee today
    I guess your experience makes my point. If you have thought it thru long before he found your panties, you might have still been red faced but you'd have been able to give some explaination. I that case you might have found it better to say something like you take the girl's panties every time you "score". Or you could have gone the route of saying, "dude don't knock it if you haven't tried it, they feel sooooo gooood". Knowing the person and how they might react should dictate how truthful you would be. It is probably a good idea to think that thru before hand.

I think the level of truthfulness depends on who is asking and the ramifications that coming out might entail. I might not want to be 100% truthful with the guy that signs my paycheck or a group of drunken truckdrivers ["yeah, they're my wife's, she forgot to wash my jeans"], but most of my family, a sales associate or someone in checkout line wouldn't be a problem.

I underdress and wear tight fitting junior hip hugging jeans when I go out about 80% of the time so I think I'm ready to be honest with about 80% of the people I know.

Good point Suzie, I always take my wife's well-being and concerns into consideration. If she was, and she is, concerned about our "good neighbors" finding out I wouldn't do something like wear a pair of tight femme jeans over to a party over there.
    Last edited by lynn27; 05-24-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekatcha View Post
    My short version is: nope. Totally not ready! This may be a bit morbid for this thread, and for that I do appologize, but... anytime I get ready to die I start to purge. I guess I associate the two these days, in that I don't feel I can leave myself to those who are left behind. Right now if I were to have an accidehnt or worse, there'd be a lot of explaining to do. My mother moved back to town a couple weeks ago and almost had to stay at my house... what a lot of explaining that would have taken! Thankfully there appears to be a god and while he hates me.. he appears to have taken pity on me for once!
    First off, NEVER purge, just put them up for a while. Saves lots of time and money over time. If I die I'm sure my wife would make things right I don't have anything to hide from her.

Don't see where my mom finding out [99% sure she knows already] would be a big deal and I sure it would NOT be a lot of explaining, it is what it is, "I like wearing women's clothes". The way I see it, if she loved you before she'll love you after.

But you should be thinking about the "what if's" with your mom moving close to you. You never know when she'll pop in on you.

Just to clarify, this has already happened with most of my family members and while most of them have not accepted me as such, they nonetheless have more or less resigned themselves to the facts. I don't broadcast it to the world however and with others, such as the neighbors, it's more of a "don't ask, don't tell" scenerio. I know they have all seen me leave the house as Sal but never speak of it when I talk to them. If ever asked directly, though, I won't deny it or make up some story and certainly not seek "approval"as if I've done something wrong. I do always use discretion when the situation calls for it however.

Pushing it...

Since the weather has taken a turn for the better, I'm taking things a bit further. Warm days means that my windows are all open and so are the doors. You can't really anything through the dark screened windows, but if you walked up to the front door you'd probably see me at my desk in whatever I'm dressed in. I'm not worried, I'll just take it as it comes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a little update. My lovely spouse told me yesterday that my aunt asked her what was up with my double pierced ears. She told he she didn't know . I gave her the same reaction .

shaa shaa alaa

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Yes.
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Unhappy Yeah, sure, my Mother "loves" me...

Don't see where my mom finding out [99% sure she knows already] would be a big deal and I sure it would NOT be a lot of explaining, it is what it is, "I like wearing women's clothes". The way I see it, if she loved you before she'll love you after.
    Not in my case!!! My mother and aunt would periodically scour the
    house/garage/shed/cars to find my stash, put evil hateful notes
    in its place, and show EVERYONE in the family what I was up to.
    It became her hateful hobby. Thanks to her, I've been estranged
    from family for decades. No Thanksgivings, No Christases, No Easter,
    No family gatherings.
    Sometimes the people who profess to "love" us the most,
    are the most evil hateful people in our lives.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

First off, NEVER purge, just put them up for a while. Saves lots of time and money over time. If I die I'm sure my wife would make things right I don't have anything to hide from her.

But you should be thinking about the "what if's" with your mom moving close to you. You never know when she'll pop in on you.
    I've gotten out of purging and more into "storing" anymore. Admittedly though I've done it over the years trying to figure out what the world wants of me I suppose. I'm only 31, so I don't reckon it's time for midlife crisis just yet, though perhaps... I've already got the sports car. =) Mostly though, when I'm in an out phase, I'll store my stuff in boxes. Only real time I have to worry is when my folks come for a visit, they're both a bit snoopy. My father lives just a few miles away and my mother now lives a few miles beyond that. The only thing I absolutely dread is the stopping in unannounced. My folks may already know... it's certainly possible, but neither are the most accepting people in the world. My mother is on the extreme far right of christianity (picture the far right, and go a bit further) and so isn't exactly tolerant. My father... dunno, don't want to go there though. The older I get, the less I really care though... sorta. Working on it anyways.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    For me it's a policy of "don't advertise, don't deny."

A number of people at work know I perform as a drag queen (one who looks vampy, not campy) because I chose to mention it in "what did you do last weekend" discussions. A number of my female co-workers think it's kind of a cool -- a sort "he's secure enough in his masculinity to play with gender" kind of thing. A couple of the co-workers I'm close to -- as well as several friends -- know that my crossdressing isn't just for the stage, and they're fine with it.

That said, I haven't told me my family. I'm think my brother would be OK with it -- although his wife would freak out. I'm also confident my mom would be accepting, but I don't want her to worry because of it. (They also both live in different parts of the country and we don't see each other that often.) But if for whatever reason they asked, I wouldn't deny it.

Likewise, if I'm dating someone and it gets serious, I will disclose my CDing.

To be honest, in my experience a lot of people will take their cues from how you act about it. If you treat it like it's not big deal, so will they.

Standard disclaimer: Being out in public and being out (somewhat) is right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to be out in public and/or out, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you the world may not be as scary a place as you think.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena Dahlstrom View Post
    For me it's a policy of "don't advertise, don't deny."
    Kind of says where I am at. I'm not going to deny anything to anyone but I don't hang my undies out on the clothesline either. I do wear some very ambiguous clothing on a night out with the wife, but won't do that at a family picnic.

My wife knows, although she has never actually seen me in a dress. I suspect my kids know. My mother in-law knows. Other than that I don't think it is really public knowledge. I imagine that someday someone will walk in on me while I am dressed, Then the cat will be out of the bag for sure. I hope that I am ready at that time. I don't think that I am ready now though.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    My wife knows, although she has never actually seen me in a dress. I suspect my kids know. My mother in-law knows. Other than that I don't think it is really public knowledge. I imagine that someday someone will walk in on me while I am dressed, Then the cat will be out of the bag for sure. I hope that I am ready at that time. I don't think that I am ready now though.
    You really should think through what kind of exchange might take place, whether you are caught dressed or just the out of the blue question while in drab. The worst thing you could do is to show any guilt or shame. You are doing something you love, so why should your reaction to being discovered be negative? If you are ready to talk about it in a constructive way the other person is less likely to see it as something BAD.

On discovery, if you react BADLY they are likely to see it as BAD. If you react in a positive manner they may see it in a positive light.