14 7.78%
  • Crossdressing is a mix of both Blessing and Curse

94 52.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Crossdressing a Curse or a Blessing

Neither its fun !!!!!!

BOTH It is a joy but always has problems

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I really love to dress. I feel that womens clothes are so much more comfortable then "guy" clothes. I am in the closet, so feeling "free" is what I don't feel. Hence the bad part. I sometimes get so frustrated that society isn't comfortable with crossdressing. I alwasy have to change my clothes, to go to the store. And change back, when I get home again.
    If society was more accepting, then dressing would be more of a blessing. But for now, it's only fun and comforatble inside my house.

It's what you choose to make it!
    Kim

A Blessing

Definitely a blessing for me.

My finding this Forum and my CDing, helped me to open my heart and accept who I really am.

No matter what happens in my life, I will be happy, because I've accepted and embraced my Two Spirits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    It's what you choose to make it!
    Kim

If that is for me. I understand that. But, in THIS town, I have too much working aganst me.
    Most of all, my family has a deep and respected history in this town. My great grandfather and then grandfather founded and ran the local hospital here.
    Now, my mother has a respected history in volentier work, and many other respected work here.
    Then, my sisters are also restepcted.
    I am already the "black sheep" in the family, and they don't even know about my dressing. Can you imagin how they would feel if I "came out?"
    Not to mention, just my name alone means I have a lot of respect I should live up to (As mentioned, my great grandfather and grand father founded out hospital) I have the same name as my grandfather (I am the 3rd)
    I just cant cope with this.

If I lived someplace else, where I have no family with such a history, I probably would be more apt to "come out" alot easier.

I sometimes think that society might just be more accepting than we actually think. We say it is not accepting, but one question I want you people to think about and maybe give an answer.

Is the problem that society is not accepting us? Or is we that are not accepting ourselves?

I feel sorry for anyone who DOESN'T crossdress.

It's such a window to the wider world. It allows me to express a vitally important part of me and that has made me a happier more loving person.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Cd?

I was born this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****BLESSING*****

XOXO Tiffany

There have been times in my life when I thought of my impulse to dress and my fascination with feminine things as kind of a burden.I sensed this part of my life and personality years ago.Even in childhood.I went through a long time in my teens and my twenties when there was beginning to be a bit of tolerance for crossdressers but with a kind of proviso that "wearing ladie's things"was one in the same with being gay and transexual.Not that there is anything the matter with being either of those things but many crossdressers aren't in either category. I've had times in my life when I hoped that my CD'ing would just gradually slide away and I would enter "averageness" and beer drinking,deer hunting,betting on football games on Sunday TV.But that was awhile back and I'm damn glad I'm the person I am!I'm very glad that my life hasn't been average!And I have felt that way for a long time now.Sometimes when you trade risk for safety you get paid back with "average" debits and all of this goes along with the average IQ and blandness.So Yes,my CD'ing is a real blessing

for me as aGG of a TG person...

it has become a blessing. It didn't start out that way though. Now I am thouroughly enjoying getting to really know Carin as Carin.

Louise.

It's a blessing for me in that I've come to accept it for the most part, and it feels good to do it. It has also allowed me to grow closer to some friends fo mine as well as the members of the family that I have chosen to come out to. In all those ways, it had been an unbelievable blessing.

But, like any secret, it is a curse in that I am afraid of the wrong people finding out...for now, anyway. One of my key goals in life is to shed that fear and come out completely. If I could ever reach that point, I don't think I would think of it as a curse anymore. Until then, in some ways it is a curse, or at least a burden, if only because I have to be careful with sharing it.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I consider it to be a blessing. I thoroughly enjoy and embrace this side of me!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

I though for years the only time that I would find peace in my life is when I died. I would hold this part of me out at arms length. Not wanting to admit or show that this was me.
    A year ago I took the plunge and joined the forum. I now have friends. I now have gurls who share some of the same things that I like about my self. I'm more at ease with J-- and who he is.
    As far as coming out to my family. That just isn't necessary for me. It would upset that balance in my life. I'm happy just to finally accept and be me.

I just want to thank everyone who have given their friendship. And have offered words of encouragement. You all are so special to me.

Rita I have been blessed in this life with agreat mother and father both gone now a loving wife 38years and still going great in-laws 2 great kids 7 fabulous grandkids and CDind the CDing came before the others execpt the parants
    Angie

Short Skirts & Long Legs
    Best thing that ever happened to me...allowed me to be who I really am, plus revealed how much and deep the love my wife and I shre really is....

Wouldn't change any thing....uh, well maybe 25 years ago I would have, but now wouldn't change a thing...

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    It's both for me. I consider a blessing when dressing up, or going shopping. The feeling I get when getting completely dressed up and enjoying a nice romantic dinner with my wife, going shopping together and experiencing the excitement of finding the perfect outfit etc. I do consider it a blessing that I was born this way and am able to experience this part of me. The curse is on my wallet, I sometimes think of what else I could spend hundreds of dollars on as opposed to fem items; and what effect (most likely very negative) it could have on my life if I'm ever outted. Jocelyn

Hi all,

I think this is a well framed question. I've watched a few threads but this is the first time I feel motivated to make a post. I haven't polled an answer, as none of the options fit me.

Unlike many others responding to this question I am not entirely happy to be a crossdresser. It blights my life in many varied ways. But I am no longer trying to stop. I aspire to making this more integrated part of who I am. I'm not there yet, but like it or not. It is a fact of my life.

j

Overall it's a blessing as it has proved a catalyst in learning more about who I really am; it has also allowed me to connect all the "clues" from my life that led me to crossdress. I am, however, not yet at the stage when I can come out of the closet to friends and family, but at least the journey has begun.

Great question!

Alex.

I understand this more than you might realize....

Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    If that is for me. I understand that. But, in THIS town, I have too much working aganst me.
    Most of all, my family has a deep and respected history in this town. My great grandfather and then grandfather founded and ran the local hospital here.
    Now, my mother has a respected history in volentier work, and many other respected work here.
    Then, my sisters are also restepcted.
    I am already the "black sheep" in the family, and they don't even know about my dressing. Can you imagin how they would feel if I "came out?"
    Not to mention, just my name alone means I have a lot of respect I should live up to (As mentioned, my great grandfather and grand father founded out hospital) I have the same name as my grandfather (I am the 3rd)
    I just cant cope with this.

If I lived someplace else, where I have no family with such a history, I probably would be more apt to "come out" alot easier.

I am from a small town in another country. There is no way Carin and/or I would be able to be as open and honest about the TG stuff if we lived there. We live in CA and we have found much more acceptance. Both our families are very well known not just in our town but in many other parts of the country too. So hugs to you!

Louise.
    Last edited by Carin's Wife GG; 05-06-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added some thoughts

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juliauklondon View Post
    Hi all,

I think this is a well framed question. I've watched a few threads but this is the first time I feel motivated to make a post. I haven't polled an answer, as none of the options fit me.

Unlike many others responding to this question I am not entirely happy to be a crossdresser. It blights my life in many varied ways. But I am no longer trying to stop. I aspire to making this more integrated part of who I am. I'm not there yet, but like it or not. It is a fact of my life.

j
    That's a remarkably sane post. I hope we hear more from you, Julia. Thank you.
    Last edited by Julie Avery; 05-06-2007 at 07:59 PM.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

at first i thought it was a curse once i learned to accept my self and enjoy the real me it has been a real blessing kim is right it's what you make of it

susie

Both

I voted "both".

To be really honest tho it's more of a curse.

Don't get me wrong when I am fully dressed, clothes, makeup, hair, the full works, I feel absolutely amazing. Its like a drug and I'm on a real mega high.

The problem is that I hate all the hiding and the constant covering my tracks. I live in a small town and all my family and friends are real close so I have to be real careful not to be discovered.
    I think one of my neighbours may know as I think I was clocked when I ran to my car dressed at 2am one morning.

CDing as given me some tremendous highs, but the hiding and difficulty of being able to express it properly due to money, time, and ability to safely dress without being discovered has taken its toll and given me some crippling lows.

But the strangest thing was if I could be cured of the desire to dress I really would not want to !!! How mad is that ??
    Jennifer Green
    PART TIME GURL

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I was just talking about this the other day, until I accepted myself it was a curse, but now I see it as a blessing. The people I've met from here as well as locally it's been so much fun. I have a true insite to just who I am or can be. I am much more creative and outgoing now that I have learned what I can do dressed, it carries over into drab.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Just think, we would not know each other without it. A curse perhaps more like a nuisance that we cannot CD as often as we would wish.
    ~Samm