Thread: help needed - FTM Authors

Platinum Member

help needed - FTM Authors

Ok i know there are loads of books out there based around FTM issues.......what i wanna know is a list of FTM Authors......i.e Authors that identify as FTM rather than book titles written for FTM by non FTM people??

i want to comprise a list to give to someone.......i am mainly looking for US & UK FTM authors

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vicky View Post
    James (Jameson) Green is local and writes a lot.
    whoa that was quick lol

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Dhillon Khosla is a cool dude !
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    Dhillon Khosla is a cool dude !
    hehee! had him at the top of the list

ME!

hahah I'm not published yet, *deflate*

But FTM authors huh? I never really pay attention to the sex or gender of the author's that I read...you've sparked my attention.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

Matt Kailey, author of Just Add Hormones: http://www.mattkailey.com/Just%20Add%20Hormones.htm
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    you've sparked my attention.
    hehe good then that means you'll look for me??

Hi Kieron Have ya heared of Sephen Whittle? He is a famous FtM in the Uk I think he is a professor of law in Manchester University he has written a few books I think xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Hi Kieron Have ya heared of Sephen Whittle? He is a famous FtM in the Uk I think he is a professor of law in Manchester University he has written a few books I think xx Felix
    have i heard of stephen whittle you are joking right!! of course ive heard of stephen whittle - co founder of press for change!.....i met the dude last year at sparkle!!

Yeah he is amazing!! I met him about 7 years ago what a great bloke. I watched his documentary about his change it was amazing and inspiring xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Matt Kailey, author of Just Add Hormones: http://www.mattkailey.com/Just%20Add%20Hormones.htm
    [SIZE="3"]Lex, you beat to it! I was going to suggest Matt Kailey. I've got Just Add Hormones and would recommend it to anyone be they MTF or FTM.

Anna Marie x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Another new book

Raised a woman, Portland writer Aaron Raz Link became a man -- a gay man -- at the age of 29.

At least, he initiated the hormonal and surgical processes to alter his appearance toward a form closer to the person he had always felt he was inside.

Because Link was trained as a scientist -- specifically, taxonomy, the science of naming things -- he is uniquely fit to analyze his unusual experience. It doesn't hurt that he's a beautiful writer as well as a thoughtful and witty one.

"What Becomes You" is nonfiction, he writes, and a memoir, but not autobiography: "It is a book about pieces that didn't fit the picture. As a result, the most confusing and difficult pieces play the largest roles."

Strictly speaking, he writes, there is no such thing as a "sex change operation"; there are rather lots of little surgeries that were developed for other reasons, such as for badly mutilated soldiers and infants and grown-ups whose bodies took an odd turn due to misbehaving hormones or cancer.

Link's analysis of his youthful fascination with movie monsters (they "were obviously the good guys"), of the Catch-22 of having to get himself diagnosed as mentally ill in order to qualify for the surgeries (legally speaking, "a mentally healthy person wouldn't want what I wanted"), and the absurdities of psychiatry and people's assumptions about gender roles, are all fascinating and well-handled.

"How come women write books analyzing male gender roles but get mad when men analyze female gender roles," he writes.

There's even a kind of punch line: After an early lifetime of hating to be laughed at, following his sex reassignment, Link went to clown school.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I turned on the Gay Librarian Batsignal. Will let you know what I find.

Aethen

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Pat Califia

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aethen View Post
    I turned on the Gay Librarian Batsignal. Will let you know what I find.

Aethen
    the batsignal???? are we bats now and not pirates???

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    We pirated the batsignal.

Duh! Do try to keep up with the pillaging, Kieron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    All librarians are a little batty, and I was signaling them! I'll run up the Jolly (gay?) Roger for you guys!

Aethen

If you have any interest in serious fiction, I am currently making my way through an excellent novel, "Middlesex," written by Jeffrey Eugenides. It's not a how, what, or why work, but I find it very enlightening as well as entertaining. I'm sure you can find it on Amazon, which will provide a synopsis and, possibly, reviews.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Raven Kaldera.