Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should i go to my friends wedding as a woman?

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic

should i go to my friends wedding as a woman?

my friends just told me thats she's getting married in june, & she's invited me to the wedding, but should i go dressed as a man or as a woman (she & her partner knows & accepts that i'm a crossdresser), if you say as a woman what should i wear, i'm 24

I take it you would prefer to go as Hermione? if so then I would asked them if they would be ok with it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Here's a small point. If you receive an invitation, I would go as the person it's addressed to. That's how they will want you to attend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Remember it's their day. I would talk to them and ask what they expect. If you routinely are around them as a woman and they accept that, then it might be OK.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDenise View Post
    Remember it's their day. I would talk to them and ask what they expect. If you routinely are around them as a woman and they accept that, then it might be OK.
    Yeah I agree. You wouldn't want to draw undue attention to yourself. May even cause trouble when the drinks start to flow.

At your friends wedding all the attention should be on the bride.

I would go as yourself.

You may be able to dress for the evening do. Ask her See what she says

Andrea
    XX

Gold Member
    Wear your sexy undies under your suit, there day saved.

I wouldn't unless specifically asked. Parties I don't care about, but events like weddings and funerals I kind of go androgynus out of respect.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Dearie Me!

How would you go if this were YOUR WEDDING?

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I think you should ask them since they know of your CD side. Let them make that decission, they may have people there that are really RED about CDers.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

It is your friends day. She is the one that all attention should be on.

In my opinion ( for what it is worth), unless you are currently dressing 24/7, I'd leave the party dress at home.

Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Platinum Member
    you know i love those threads .... should i do this or that.... and you come here to ask ... i think you know the answer to your question ...but if you don't know the answer that scares the hell out of me......

Her wedding day is all about her. If she and her other guests would be accepting of you attending as a woman and it wouldn't be distracting from the wedding festivities then I'd go dress shopping immediately. If there was the potential for your womanly presence distracting from the event then boy mode would probably be advisable. It's a frank discussion you need to have with her and her maid of honor and bridesmaids. The other female members of her wedding party might be able to offer insight.

Thumbs down No

[SIZE="3"]No, this is one of those questions that "if you have to ask, you know the answer". It is there day to be in the spotlight. If you dressed 24/7 and everyone there knew you as a girl, it may be OK. Put on your best panties, stockings and unpadded bra and go in male mode. Sit there and dream of being one of the bridesmaids while knowing that you are wearing nicer lingerie than any one of them

TTFN
    Cyndie
    [/SIZE]

Go Go! What an opportunity! It won't happen again. Pretty dress, get your hair done, manicure, special event makeup.
    Agreed you don't want to be a distraction. How many of the guests know you? Are you somewhat passable? Can you sit in the back, not talk and not be noticed?
    If you go to the reception--think ahead--will you be seated with an unfamiliar guy? Will you drink? Use the bathroom? Will kids point at you? Will you have to do the chicken dance? Will you be asked to dance polkas by drunk men? Maybe you need a partner to help you out of certain situations.

Silver Member
    This is simple. If you won't be a distraction, go dressed. It is impolite in the extreme to take any attention away from the bride. If you will attract ANY attention, leave the dress at home. Weddings are for the bride.

Lovies,
    Steph

no

Absolutely under no circumstances should you go dressed.....well in some clothees of course but definatley male.

A wedding is not the time or place ! period !

em
    x
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

Talking

how many people there know especially families of the couple , grandparents
    aunts and uncles. Went to a wedding years ago with a friend her aunt and
    female live in showed up the mother of the bride chased them out of church
    with bucket of holy water in hand , funny at the time sad now looking back on it. Mind the wishes of the couple and family members but if they
    are Ok with it LBD time

Quote Originally Posted by Hermione Simpson View Post
    my friends just told me thats she's getting married in june, & she's invited me to the wedding, but should i go dressed as a man or as a woman (she & her partner knows & accepts that i'm a crossdresser), if you say as a woman what should i wear, i'm 24
    The first thing I asked myself is what did they say when the invited you? Regardless of what they know about you, if they didn't specifically say "it's OK to come dressed" then don't do it. Even if they care enough for you to make this offer, I'd have to think twice about it.
    This is their once in a life time, dreamed about it all their life event, and not a time for you to make it your event.
    Kim
    Last edited by TxKimberly; 01-17-2007 at 10:30 AM.

hmmmm

Okay here goes,

Last year, I went to a civil ceremony of a pair of friends of mines as Caroline.
    The difference here was that the happy couple were tv/tg and had specifically asked friends to come en femme or as male for the f to m.

So as the couple know me as Caroline and all our other friends as girls too, then that was acceptable and we all had a ball.

I would suggest that unless you have been invited enfemme, that you may want to go as your male self out of respect for the bride and groom. It is after all their day. It is understandably, exciting to think that you could go enfemme but maybe you could just satisfy yourself by wearing underwear?

Only you know the answer to this one, but do remember this day is not about you. You should also consider what other guests may feel. It's all part of the package.

Good luck and have fun anyway what ever you decide.

Caroline x

Go as your male self because as they may be comfortable with your female look the majority of thier guests will proably not. You don't want to become a distraction

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndie View Post
    [SIZE="3"]No, this is one of those questions that "if you have to ask, you know the answer". It is there day to be in the spotlight. If you dressed 24/7 and everyone there knew you as a girl, it may be OK. Put on your best panties, stockings and unpadded bra and go in male mode. Sit there and dream of being one of the bridesmaids while knowing that you are wearing nicer lingerie than any one of them

TTFN
    Cyndie
    [/SIZE]
    Cyndie said to dream about being a brides maid, did she ask you too be one , that would be a real thrill, as you go so goes you, dress accordingly to the invitation, My Charolette

Not much to add, but I agree with the people recommending you stand down and enjoy the party as their male friend, in male attire. It is, after all, their day.
    Discretion is the better part of valor [and good taste].
    Every man should learn how to walk in high heels

Banned Read only

Exclamation Murphy's Law says that...

As someone who has attended hundreds of weddings I must say that Murphy's Law reins supreme at these events. Anything that can go wrong surely will with all of the excitement, emotions, family interaction etc. Your dressing only opens another back door for Mr. Murphy to enter and to poison the day, their day in fact. You have no right to expose their perfect day of days to any sort of turbulence which might arise from your choice of gender presentation that day.
    Smarten up. Surely you could take a day off for a friend!

Platinum Member
    who was the invitation addressed to him or her? will most of the guests be accepting of CD'ers......will the limelight be taken off the bride if everyone is talking about 'the cder in the corner'.........

no i dont think you should go en femme unless the bride specifically told you to do so......and somehow i dont think she has, so therefore go as him......you dont want the brides big day ruined just cos everyone is paying you more attention and maybe unwanted attention at that