Thread: Walmart today with SO

Thumbs up Walmart today with SO

Yea, it was really fun. I was drab as I am usually when I go out 'cept for my undies. We hade to get the usual stuff... Bread, milk, etc. Easy stuff.
    Well we went straight to the ladies dept. Wow! Lots of things on sale. Glove, hat & scarf sets only $3. They were $7 two weeks ago. Bargans everywhere! We were just window shopping really 'cause we're nearly broke till the 3rd. Found a skirt I really liked. Silky, black, about mid-thigh length, A-line. Hope it's there in a week. My SO showed a few tops she'd like me to get and some she liked for her too.
    Well we went and finished our shopping and headed for the checkout. Used the 20 or less asile and I noticed that the cashier seemed a little depressed. A good looking girl in her mid twenties. As we were leaving, I looked at her and said... 'I like your hair hun' Wow! She got the biggest smile on her face. I think I had just made her day. I love making people feel good. It made me feel good too.
    Anybody else brighten someone's day today?

Banned Read only
    I think a lot of people working at Walmart are depressed because of the low wages. And sometimes Walmart tried not paying for overtime. Met a cashier once and she told me she had to work two jobs to get by. At least this job is better than being a bike messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
    I think a lot of people working at Walmart are depressed because of the low wages. And sometimes Walmart tried not paying for overtime. Met a cashier once and she told me she had to work two jobs to get by. At least this job is better than being a bike messenger!
    Maybe I am Wrong, I think most Wal mart hourly employees work less that 40 hours so that wal-mart doesnt have to pay benefits to them.

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    As we were leaving, I looked at her and said... 'I like your hair hun' Wow! She got the biggest smile on her face. I think I had just made her day.
    And don't we know what a few kind words can do for someone's day!

Good for you!

I know this is not CD related, but I passed a parked car today, where a man in his 70s was getting an electric wheelchair out of the boot (trunk for you Yanks!), and his aged wife was trying, with difficulty, to drag herself out of the passenger seat. I grabbed her hand and arm to help her, saying I know you can probably get out yourself, but since I'm here, let me make it a little easier for you". It was worth it for the big smile and "Thank You" it produced. Made ME feel good too; a win-win situation. Was I showing my caring female side? The female side my wife thinks is disgusting!

Tony

I use to work part time for Wal-Mart. Those people need all the cheering up they can get. I am sure she was really happy with your coment. Most of the time All The customers do is Bitch them out. Never a happy customer

Michelle Liz

so does lows my girlfrind works ther it it so bad big bisines treat the pople that make them rich so wong just my thanking

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster View Post
    Was I showing my caring female side? The female side my wife thinks is disgusting!

Tony
    Tony-
    No, you were showing your human side... and more people of all genders should be doing things like what you did !

With regards to the last statement of the "caring female side that your wife thinks is disgusting" - too bad for her, she's missing out on some wonderful, caring, tender moments between you two. One of the reasons I married B was just for that side of him that I cherished so much. Only later did I meet Brianna, and we get along just fine.

Gigi
    [SIZE="4"]GiGi aka...

Mrs. SexxxyBrianna
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    why would anyone not be nice to everyone?

You must lead a sheltered life Amanda. Have you heard of Sadam Hussein, Robert Mugabe, Adolf Hitler, and millions more in a smaller way? Fortunately, they are in a minority in the world, but they get a kick out of NOT being nice to people. You must know a few!!!

Tony

Content and Happy
    Good girl Marie! It doesn't take but a little compliment to get someone to smile and get their mind off all those rude people they have to deal with almost all of the time. It also makes me feel good inside.

Lanore

Banned Read only
    knowing that there are bad people in the world does not make me want to be any less nice / i try my best to never allow someone elses rude behavior turn me into a rude person / that would be unpleasent / if you meet rude with rude, bad with bad, and evil with evil are you not then just one more rude, bad, evil person? / you are also letting rude, bad and evil people control your behavior

the subject was on treating people nice who are in low paying, dead-end, repetitive boring jobs / if hitler or sadam were working the check out at wallmart how much more postive would be our world

today christmas stuff half off, tomorrow the world / not happening

Blue Ridge Mountains,Virginia..In the country

Love those smiles

Hi Girls,
    Well, I went to the VA hospital the other day,i had to get an EKG and some blood drawn.I'm having CARPAL TUNNEL surgery tomorrow.Well anyway when i got upstairs i went into the office where i was to see the doctor, three girls were behind the desk and were very busy. One looked at me and reached for my paper and told me to have a seat in the waiting room.I just felt like she needed a pick me up so i said,"you know, you'd look alot prettier today, if you just smiled".Well she raised her head and put the biggest smile on her face and i said,"see, it worked", then i walked in the waiting room.Well my name was called 'got my EKG and when i was leaving i had to walk by that girl again.And when i did she looked at me again and was allready smiling but put a bigger one on her face when she saw me.Must have made her day....Love it!!!

hugs everybody,

Bobbie Jo

I get a very warm feeling, and start to believe that this old world really can be a better place when you smile at someone, even in passing, and you get a genuine smile back at you.
    I just love this world.... I think I'll stay here a while and check out those flowers over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spreading a little happiness works wonders
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I went to a local military reserve base a couple friday nights ago. Two guards on duty. One, was a cute young woman. She was head to toe in army green fatigues. It's pooring rain and cold. She's under a tent, so protected from the rain. As she is checking my credentials, I can't help but notice how cute she is, and a lovely voice with matching personality. So, I say to her right in the middle of her checking my info, "I love your outfit" We both smiled and eventually laughed.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

I will probably get some feed back over this BUT, Dr. Laura says the best cure for depretion is charity. If every one treated each other like humans this would be a wonderfull world.
    Huggs, Shelly.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

Slip Lover

Nice Post

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi GG View Post
    Tony-
    No, you were showing your human side... and more people of all genders should be doing things like what you did !

With regards to the last statement of the "caring female side that your wife thinks is disgusting" - too bad for her, she's missing out on some wonderful, caring, tender moments between you two. One of the reasons I married B was just for that side of him that I cherished so much. Only later did I meet Brianna, and we get along just fine.

Gigi
    Gigi, what a nice post!

Ashley1

I used to work retail, and people can be soooo ignorant and mean. So it was always a welcome thing to hear something nice from someone, I know that I always try to have a smile and a pleasant attitude when I go through the checkout anywhere. Retail just plain sucks.