Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't try this at home - Plumping gone wrong!

Don't try this at home - Plumping gone wrong!

Ok so I've been experimenting with lip plumping and I've tried many of the major brands with mixed success.... Soooo I decided that I could concoct or create my own pluping serum.. Guess its and engineering thing!! Hehe. So I found this new Sally Hansen lip plumper which had some of the ingrediance I wanted....cinimmon...ginger and had a very gooey texture that sticks to the lips well.. And its a lip gloss which is a bonus I guess!!

So I've been reading that oil of clove is a good plumper and found that many women use it on some beauty forums I subscribe to. So I picked up a bottle at GNC and added it to the SH plumping serum... And gave it a shot!! Wow!! My lips went instantly numb and my tounge followed shortly after! And that's the idea...it irratates the lips and causes them to swell!! Hmmmmm..maybe it would have been easier to just not wear my helmet and take a slap shot in the face!!!

And I have been using this for a few days....numb lips and all but noticable plumper. So last night after hockey....the wife was aslleep... So I covered my lips with an extra thick coating and went to bed!! Well low and behold in the morning not only were my lips plump...the serum have run down onto the skin below my lower lip and burnt the crap out of oit!! Ugly chemical burn!! And my wife notices and told her I got hit in the facemask with a puck and bit down on my mouth guard wrong!!

Sooo... Watch what you do when it comes to harsh chemicals... Although from a distance the burns make my lips loop hughe!!!! Ouch...ouch...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A lesson learned I hope
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Karen, you are so the engineer! Now a technician like me would have tried it on someone else first.

Sally

Back to the lab with Sally Hansen, eh.

And a warning to everyone thinking about using it on their bum!

Smile don't try this at home-plumping gone wrong

karren
    you didn't over engineer this did you

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    You have such sparkling, breathtaking smile , I am surprised you choose to tinker with it.

What stirs in your forebrain disturbs () and amuses () me !

Therefore:

By the powers vested in me as a Physics BA, I hereby award you advancement from Engineer to "Mad Scientist!" MuaHaHaHaHa !

So, what are we doing today Brain ?

So do you have a patent on this formula????

Smile

I know that this was not a good thing to happen, but the way that you describe it in your own light hearted way, I just cant help laugh with all the others. I've done lots of stupid things in my day too way too dumb to mention here. Hope you heal up soon.

Karen, I have to say I read your thread title and said OMG plumbing gone wrong,, I hope she's ok !! (been a realy long day )

Im glad it's not too serious tho... so time for plan B ?

Cindy

Karen,

Oil Of Cloves is an old-time treatment for a toothache due to it's ability to numb the areas it's applied to. Apparently the Sally Hansen product does something similar, so from the way it sounds the two active ingredients are giving you a double whammy from the numbing and irritability point of view.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd

Exclamation Plumping...

After the number of horror stories I've seen and heard about trans girls that tried various methods of injecting silicon into lips and elsewhere I'm relieved that your efforts were so mild. Please be careful and don't do anything rash. Your face is really beautiful as is. I should be so lucky. Be careful kid.
    And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

-Anais Nin

Peace,

Alice

Thank You for the information, you may have saved someone else (not me) from doing something like this. You make a good Guinea-pig. We all make mistakes. Thank You for sharing.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

If this potion has burnt your skin.... What's it doing to your lips????

Go careful, you only have one face

LL

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    So I've been reading that oil of clove is a good plumper and found that many women use it on some beauty forums I subscribe to. So I picked up a bottle at GNC and added it to the SH plumping serum... And gave it a shot!! Wow!! My lips went instantly numb and my tounge followed shortly after! And that's the idea...it irratates the lips and causes them to swell!! Hmmmmm..maybe it would have been easier to just not wear my helmet and take a slap shot in the face!!!
    Well, from a chemist's point of view.: What did you expect ???
    1.) Oil of clove is a traditional local anaesthetic for dental pain relief (eugenol being the active part).
    2.) Most essential oils, pure or in high concentrations, are at least irritant, some are even toxic. (But that's part why they are effective; the dose makes the poison)
    3.) I am sure you could have used a bunch of other essential oils (even sand paper), but without an anaesthetic effect this might have been even more unpleasant.
    Last edited by Marla S; 12-29-2006 at 06:28 AM.

Hello,
    I am relieved to know nothing serious has come from your experimentation on lip plumping. When I first read the title to this thread, I was hoping that finally, there is a way to pump up volume on my upper lip, without the silicone injections etc. I am disspointed with what is currently being marketed and was hoping for a break through of sorts. Instead I will wait with baited breath until you engineers, and mad scientist come up with a solution.Good luck, and please be careful.

Oh my!!! I thought you said plumbing!!

Jennifer
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Content and Happy
    Why can't someone find out how to harness a bee sting? Think about it. Pull out the little guy and apply to both upper and lower lip. Well, just a thought. Get well Karren.

Lanore

Quote Originally Posted by Lanore View Post
    Why can't someone find out how to harness a bee sting? Think about it. Pull out the little guy and apply to both upper and lower lip. Well, just a thought. Get well Karren.

Lanore
    Now you have done it. There won't be any more bees around Karen's part of the world. They will all be sacrificed for cosmetic experimentation. Now who is going to spread all that polen around come spring time?

Short Skirts & Long Legs

Back to square 1

Better be careful...thats all you need is a tounge that is numb for life...how in the world would Karren ever survive without being able to speak...

...but if you find something that works, let me know...

Just be glad that you didnt add super glue the puck would still be stuck to your lips Charolette
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-29-2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: No need to quote the whole post for one line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    Karen, you are so the engineer! Now a technician like me would have tried it on someone else first.

Sally
    OMG - I almost spit my coffee all over my monitor when I read this!
    By the way, I must be living in a cave because I've never heard of a lip plumper.
    Kim

Ouch, Karren! Please try to remember you're a mining engineer, not a chemical engineer.

You could try eating Stinging Nettles.

Many people are irritated by Tartrazine, which is a red dye used in some foods & cosmetics. It's code number is 120, IIRC. (There is also a yellow version, which is generally less irritating). The reaction is very similar to the reaction from stinging nettles. It has also been linked with hyperactivity.

If I use cheap lipstick containing tartrazine it does plump my lips up a bit, but it also makes them itchy. Curiously, ChapStick contains a tiny amount of tartrazine.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I'm actually still using this stuff....just being very careful where I apply it!! But nettles is an interesting idea!! Or some poison ivy or poison oak... Lot's of it out in my back yard!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Are you nuts?

Karen,

I had started to think of you fondly over the last couple of weeks, but THIS has me convinced your crazy. :-)
    Maybe you have been spending too much time under ground?
    Got hit in the head with falling rocks one too many times?
    Maybe not getting quite enough O2 down there underground?

(In case you have any doubts, this is my poor attempt at humor - I STILL think fondly of ya')

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm actually still using this stuff....just being very careful where I apply it!! But nettles is an interesting idea!! Or some poison ivy or poison oak... Lot's of it out in my back yard!! hehehe

Love Karren

OOOOps

Karren,

Personally I think you have nice lips already. As well as everything else. I understand this a quest for you, but really...

Michelia