Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to be a Pirate

I want to be a Pirate

All of this seems a very Bizzare reversal/Deja vue. Hmmmm I just want to Know why the Boys get to be pirates, sail really neat ships, and party and play all the time. And we girls are only expected to look pretty and shop. Where are our suffeggets, where are our feminist. I want a Queens Yacht. oohtamie will own it and be the social director. Hmmm maybe she could "hire" Capt Lex, to steer it and bring some of his dreamy cabin boys to wait on us, you know drinks and massages. I want want to party too, In the words of that great female philosopher Cindi Laupner "Girls just want to have fun."

Its just Fair, if the boys get a boat, the girls should get on too. Who is with me?

I'll come along and write a book about our lives at sea. Two Years Before the Mast as a Swashbuckling Swisher.
    Last edited by Sharon; 12-22-2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: quote not necessary in 2nd post of thread
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Did you see the movie "Cutthroat Island"?, Hon. Geena Davis played a pirate captain in that one and she kicked a lot of ass too. Hey, I'm a Wench on Cap's ship but he knows I swing a mean katana, so when the action starts, I'm in the "thick" of it as well, Rum notwithstanding of course. Ericka(aka "The Wench")Count me in!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm not afraid of heights, so if you need a deck hand who is willing to climb the rigging, I'm your girl. And shame on you for looking up my skirt while I'm getting the job done!

When do we set sail? it's chilly in New England, can we head for the Caribbean?

Christine (aka the "aging deck hand")

I've never tried piracy, but I often do a spot of pole dancing around the mast when I'm sailing.

Last edited by jenny_centaur; 12-22-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added another little pic

Shiver me timbers, Hon, we're gettin' quite a crew signin' up here. You're Captain of course. I'm adaptable and the rest of the gals have their specialties. Only one suggestion Skipper, can we make our pirate flag pink with scull and crossbones instead of black?

Banned Read only
    They had some pretty neat Pirate Wench outfits at the halloween store.

Smile

A pink flag? sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    A pink flag? sounds good to me!
    Yeah Sandra, we're gonna be "pretty"pirates with frills and lace on our outfits. If we're gonna run someone through, we have to look nice, you know.

The Pink Pirates, I love it!

And it'll be really easy to soon get 2 ships. We pull up alongside that stinky, messy party ship (honestly, when was the last time you heard of them doing any actual 'pirating'? ) and bat our eyelashes at 'em.

A couple of kegs of rum, a well-timed turn of the ankle, and presto! THEIR SHIP IS OURS! Like taking candy from babies.

Then we force them to clean it up (yuck!), and paint it pink too! Soon we'll have a whole pink fleet!

Yo hee hee and a bottle of gin! (pink of course)
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

is in her vest
    a pink flag

Goodness we're pirates. I might put Pink Flag by Wire on the stereo while I sail the seven seas doing all those piratey things...a bit of pillaging (yaay), a bit of plundering (yaay), a bit of drinking (yaay), a bit of raping (yaay)....hang on a minute.

Lets see, sailing the seas with the pirates, I'll need, my pillaging gear, my plundering tools, rum and mug and my chastity belt...hooray I'm ready....
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Cap and the boys taught us well. Little did they know too well. While they were drinking, we were sharpening our swords in one hand and guzzling rum in the other (devious little bimbos, arent we?). Yes Jane we will pillage but do it in a "nice" way. Not only that but we will force any prisoners we take to wear dresses or walk the (pink)plank. HMM, this is gettin' better all the time. Piracy will never be the same. Let's drink to "pink power" me lasses.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar

pink pirates!

I lass were do I make me mark! pink ships,pink flagand pinkdresses and swords sounds great lets get sailing hey

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Quote Originally Posted by victoria anne View Post
    I lass were do I make me mark! pink ships,pink flagand pinkdresses and swords sounds great lets get sailing hey
    Another brave lass to sign up. Welcome aboard Hon, I'm sure the Cap'n will be glad to have you. We'll get crackin' soon, there's some pretty things in that shop on the mainland I've had me eye on once we secure the treasure ya know

actually, throughout history there have been a great many female pirates.
    A very notorious pair were Anne Bonny and Mary Read...and you may be pleased to hear these ladies where Transvestite lesbians

We have to careful we don't alert the other crews too soon. We'll need a double agent - someone that other ship trusts. Someone who has seen their depravity at its worst!
    Someone they would never suspect!

Hmmm....Erika-Kay....you've been seen aboard their ship a lot. You and Kimberley, but she's not around right now...so how about it lass?

You up for some intrigue?
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Mary Read and Anne Bonny

Quote Originally Posted by tvbeckytv View Post
    actually, throughout history there have been a great many female pirates.
    A very notorious pair were Anne Bonny and Mary Read...and you may be pleased to hear these ladies where Transvestite lesbians
    Two of my favorite ladies! I even wrote about them in my blog last year. They were definitely crossdressers, but the jury is still out on whether they were lesbians (my personal opinion is that they weren't).

So, U, ladies can definitely be pirates (I highly recommend it - great pay, and lots of rum), but you can't be pink pirates on my ship. You'll have to get your own. If you join my crew, you'll have to crossdress as men (like female pirates did historically), and you may not like that. Although Kerrianna has the outfit down already.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrianna View Post
    (honestly, when was the last time you heard of them doing any actual 'pirating'?
    Well, rumor has it a few virtues may have been stolen.

Ericka . . . don't be giving out our secrets now or it's off to the brig with you! Oh, I forgot . . . you ladies like it there.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know if I'm the right person Hon. Fact is I contributed to their depravity for reasons we -er-won't get into. Lemme see, are there any "other" double agents in the house?.........:hmmm: I seem to remember some gal with a beard. Know anyone like that?:shifty:

Punk Rock "Little" Sister cdeeko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericka/Rich View Post
    Shiver me timbers, Hon, we're gettin' quite a crew signin' up here. You're Captain of course. I'm adaptable and the rest of the gals have their specialties. Only one suggestion Skipper, can we make our pirate flag pink with scull and crossbones instead of black?

OOH Pirates like Johhny Depp and Captian Hook.

I want to join.

Can I be Smee to Your Captian Hook...all though I am bit mouthy compared to Smee being Mousy. LOL
    "Oh she is not born like other 'gurls',
    but I know how to conceive her.
    Oh she may not look like other gurls,
    but she's a snarl tooth seether. Seether!"
    -Veruca Salt (slightly editted.LOL)

The illegitimate daughter of Eddie Izzard and Denis Leary.

Banned Read only

Maybe you had a relative

That was a pirate. I am part Irish, english and French. Got to be a pirate somewere in the last 400 years.

FYI: the French Pirates were heroes in the US revolution. They helped the colonies and pirated the British ships.

Back when the Spanish were the big power, (from looting South American), the British became pirates to spread out some of the wealth.

Many pirates started off as smugglers because of the British taxes to the american colonies. Eventually they diversified to piracy of British ships.

Hench all the romantic stories about the Pirates of the Caribbean. They were seen as the Robin hoods of the sea.

One countries pirate is another ones hero.

I kind of see myself as a Lady taken by a pirate captain and held for ransom but eventually not wanting to go back! I am sure there was a movie like that.
    Last edited by janedoe311; 12-22-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Punk Rock "Little" Sister cdeeko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janedoe311 View Post
    That was a pirate. I am part Irish, english and French. Got to be a pirate somewere in the last 400 years.

FYI: the French Pirates were heroes in the US revolution. They helped the colonies and pirated the British ships.

Back when the Spanish were the big power, (from looting South American), the British became pirates to spread out some of the wealth.

Many pirates started off as smugglers because of the British taxes to the american colonies. Eventually they diversified to piracy of British ships.

Hench all the romantic stories about the Pirates of the Caribbean. They were seen as the Robin hoods of the sea.

One countries pirate is another ones hero.

I kind of seem myself as a Lady taken by a pirate captain and held for ransom but eventually not wanting to go back! I am sure there was a movie like that.

When the British became Pirates weren't some even given "liscences" from some Caribean English Governers to do this as long as they only attacked the Spanish.

I thought I saw this on A.& E. this summer.
    "Oh she is not born like other 'gurls',
    but I know how to conceive her.
    Oh she may not look like other gurls,
    but she's a snarl tooth seether. Seether!"
    -Veruca Salt (slightly editted.LOL)

The illegitimate daughter of Eddie Izzard and Denis Leary.

Banned Read only

I am sure

Quote Originally Posted by cdeeko View Post
    When the British became Pirates weren't some even given "liscences" from some Caribean English Governers to do this as long as they only attacked the Spanish.

I saw this mentioned on Discovery I belive. It was for the good of the country so I am sure ordered by the King.

Sounds like a act of war to me. Were the Spanish that dumb not to figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by cdeeko View Post

Yup, they were called Letters of Marque and they gave the "privateers" permission to attack enemy ships and towns in the name of the country they were issued. Problem was, once the fighting was over, the pirates were out of a job, so they went into business for themselves doing they only thing they knew how and then became wanted by the same countries that had hired them in the first place. If they refused to stop pillaging and plundering and accept a pardon, they were hung.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anne Bonny

Lets don't forget about Anne Bonny (1698 – 1782) she was an Irish Pirate who sailed throughout the Caribbean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny
    Hugs,

Teddie

Banned Read only

That is a movie

Quote Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
    Lets don't forget about Anne Bonny (1698 – 1782) she was an Irish Pirate who sailed throughout the Caribbean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

I was looking for a script idea, thanks.