Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People that look down on men wearing womens clothes

Many times I go out wearing womens T's, slacks, and shoes and no one notices. I have even worn flesh colored lipstick and still no one noticed. Now if I went out wearing a skirt or dress, then I would get noticed. LOL

I have worn a skirt, and not got noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jane View Post
    people that look down on men wearing womens clothes are usually...............taller
    Very good Jane!

More seriously I do wonder if the anger about men in womens clothes has to do with power. But I don't know.

Princess Michelle
    "Princess" was on a shirt given to me by a cd who barely knew me. I purged it, but kept the nickname to remind me of the kindess.

Have the courage to change the standards

Hello,
    I haven't been a member of this site for very long, but I have read more than enough threads on this site and other sites on the double standard society has when it comes to women wearing anything they wish including male attire. Fashion designers call that "chic". Some one earlier in a reply to this post mentioned that women "own" the fashion world. I do agree. Women do a majority of the shopping and buying of clothing. I am one that believes that women have earned their right to wear what ever they choose simply because they took on society's view of how women should dress, act etc.
    Most CD's cry out for equality but do nothing else. CD's cry out for acceptance but still hide in shame, guilt, embarassment, maybe even unacceptance of ourselves. No one wants to challenge society's view on maleness by stepping out in a dress. No one wants to face the ridicule, embarassment, shame or adversity of such a brave act. Women went through all of this 50 years ago, and look at where they are now. Women have the freedom we as CD's can only dream about. We whine and cry and complain but do nothing other than that. We all want someone else to blaze the path of openess, acceptance. No one wants to take the lead. No CD's, TV's TG's (or any other label) that is in a closet has courage enough to do the impossible. If all of us are willing to step out with courage and determination, perhaps over time we will not have to constantly bemoan society's unacceptance. We are our own worse enemy. We have shame, guilt, fear, and maybe unacceptance. What we do have is only a dream. Please do not flame me. I am only trying to convey what might have to be done in order for us to gain accpetance.

Quote Originally Posted by iwearpanties View Post
    god its the truth ive had grildfriends and family membertake my clothes espically big shirts and other clothing of mine but any girlfirend i ever when i asked dam you wear my things my cant i yours i got these dam nasty looks .. would any of the Real GGs tell us why ??? hell we on the world looks down on those of us whos dress and wear panties and others things.life not fait ladys and cders
    I'll do my best to come up with an answer as soon as you tell me why a GG who sleeps around is a **** and a GM is a stud. We have been suffering with double standards forever.

Welcome to the world of being a woman!

welcome

Thanks for the welcome to the world of women. GGconfused your totally right on what you said. And Julie i like what you had to say. I have complained about the fact that women could wear mens clothes in the past but i didn't really think of it the way you said until, i relized women have gone though the same stuff. It looks to me women have more guts then we do. When i first started cding i was scared of what ppl thought but now the fear is gone. I know one most of my posts i seem like i'm not to serious on this subject, but really i have done alot of reserch on crossdressing.
    Like i said before people don't look down on us they just know nothin about us, most are to scared to talk about is are show ppl thats what they enjoy doing. And yeah they mite call you gay, but who cares.
    Thanks for all the great input its all cool.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

You live in the wrong place sweety if you can get killed for being dressed as a girl.

Follow the yellow brick road to Emerald City, Dorothy. They're very nice here, even Oz (he's a leather daddy).

There are actually quite a few FTM cross dressers here as well. What's the difference you may ask. These guys go the extra distance; cuffed jeans, white tee shirt, short hair in a Shatner style coiffure... no offense, but kinda of looking like they came off the fight scene set of West Side Story.

Here's the thing: They're just braver! I see them everywhere - grocery store, etc. I could go to the grocery store dressed the way I want and the only reason I'd draw more curiosity is because we (MTF) are not everywhere and are a new attraction. Just be a good little monkey and smile for the nice people on the other side of the glass

-b

-b

Banned Read only
    Women earned the right to wear jeans etc out of necessity while going to work in the factories. They wore the clothes for safety and other reasons that was it.
    When a male dresses up now days judging by what everyone posts here they are out to pass and i'll leave you to fill in the last blank

...to be accepted as a G _ _ _.

That is the difference.

Wear a skirt while looking like a male still may be your only chance if everyone starts doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jane View Post
    people that look down on men wearing womens clothes are usually...............taller
    "I DREAM TO BE THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE"

Question Not always greener

Been thinking about all this for a couple of days- slow,I know. But a few thoughts from a gg point of view:

Yes it is true that as women we have a lot more freedom to choose how we dress, in some respects, and it isn't logical that it is unacceptable for men to have the same freedom. However- less than 100 years ago women would be verbally or physically attacked for wearing 'male' attire and would be thought of as freaks or outcasts... ring any bells? And it wasn't until 2003 that my daughter was allowed to wear trousers to school- unbelievable!
    Also we have pressure from society to conform to various forms of body fascism- be young, be slim, etc etc.

And as the fashion industry seems to design clothes to be worn by models with a dangerously low BMI, I'm not really sure it's run by women- seems more like it's run by men who do not like the female form.

Hope this doen't sound like a rant- I would support anyone's right to dress and to live as they want to- just though I'd point out that the grass isn't always greener.

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    Take a little look at history.

One day a woman didn't slip out of her corset, dozen petticoats, etc etc.. and put on guy's clothes.. go out for a day of social activities.. say a cotillion..

And find perfect acceptance and be congratulated on her choice of clothing.

And that's not how its gonna happen in reverse.

Love & Hugs
    ~Kitty~
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

Women can get away with anything. I know I'll pay for that comment. My GLady will kill me for one.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by bobby_hansen View Post
    Women own the fashion industry... That is, if they don't like something, it doesn't become "popular." Men have no pull. Men's fashion is dictated by what women think look good on us...

How's that for a theory?

I read in a women's magazine that one clothes designer designed "his" clothes to look good on him, but sold them to women. May explain why there are some real outlandish women's clothes out there.

No Boggy Man/Gurl Here

Quote Originally Posted by ggconfused View Post
    I'll do my best to come up with an answer as soon as you tell me why a GG who sleeps around is a **** and a GM is a stud. We have been suffering with double standards forever.

Welcome to the world of being a woman!
    Ah ggconfused, here's one GM that has never thought that way. I know I was raised to respect women and my mother made it a point to me over and over. The only thing is she was so angry at my father for leaving her that she also made me feel bad about being a male. To sight an example is my wife, she is the delight of my life I do every thing I can to make her feel valued in this world. So yeah there are some of out there who really are on your side.

Banned Read only

Smile ch ch ch changes

I believe the answers given are close to correct----
    women dressing in men's clothes are not, trying to be men, just women relaxing in unrestrictive clothing, BUT!
    in my eyes only here---
    they demanded equalness--burning bras and all, and yet some still cling to, "oh, I'm a woman, I can't do that heavy dirty work" today.
    what happened years ago, from WWII, is another lifetime, and another era.
    what is today,...is not the same.
    social acceptance is S L O W.....
    hang in there.
    it may be another 50 yrs but it will someday be okay for guys to dress-up,,,

good luck to all
    "veronica" in wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie06 View Post
    they demanded equalness--burning bras and all, and yet some still cling to, "oh, I'm a woman, I can't do that heavy dirty work" today. what happened years ago, from WWII, is another lifetime, and another era.
    Ronnie:

I agree with most of what you said, but I want to comment on this point. Some women do the "heavy dirty work", and they had to fight for that right too. Today women are no longer held to only positions of nurses, schoolteachers and secretaries - some are construction works, firefighters, police officers and soldiers, but they weren't accepted in those fields immediately.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Look how many years it took for women to be able to wear men's style clothing. Have a look at how they made women look feminine back in the day. Riding a horse side saddle was the only way for her to be considered a lady. There are some christian faith walks that still consider it taboo for a woman to wear pants! Let us hope and pray that very soon it will be acceptable for men to dress according to their personal preference without reprisal.

You have to also remember that there are a lot of people in this world, like fundamental christians for instance, who think we should be "culled from the herd" They simply find us revolting, it goes to their very core being, if it was legal, they would be most happy to simply shoot us and be done with it. My wife was telling me that she was at her father's house last weekend and Ellen Degeneres came on the TV an he, in her words, "went nuts" He started hollering about her being an abomination to God and just kept carrying on about it at length. I know he thinks the same way about cross dressers, I've heard plenty of comments about that subject also.

Hello,
    It is sad to know that a certain group of people have so much hate within their heart when they profess to being a christian. They do have a wrong attitude when they judge, and condemn those of us who live in an alternative lifestyle. They are commanded by the one (Jesus) they follow to "love thy neighbor", "judge not least ye be judge", "by the standards that you judge, those very same standards will be used when you are before the throne in judgement". "God is love". not of hate. Through out time these very same christians have always took inititive to start wars (crusades, the conquering of the new world)and abused, even murdered people (spanish inquistion), for the holier than thou mentality. Funny how they take only particial scriptural truth and twist it to condemn us all. Depending on my mood I usually ignore them for they are ignorant in their ways. In return show these ignorant ones love (tollerance, and acceptance).Bottom line of my post here is just as some CD's bring a negative image upon us all by acting a certain way. Not all christians are as terrible as the ones you meet or know. Gandi once said "I like your Christ. I just don't like your christians". Please forgive thosethat have wronged you and love them none the less.